what is wrong w/ shipping????

sureman183

Got "Boti's" ??
Silver Member
sent a cue to California Monday 5/4 delivery to be Thursday last week, still hasn't arrived. says in transit. slede dogs w/ no snow would have arrived by now. USPS
customer sent me a cue same day FedEX for Thursday last week. did arrive on
Monday. do we have to send next day?????

RiverCity

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
sent a cue to California Monday 5/4 delivery to be Thursday last week, still hasn't arrived. says in transit. slede dogs w/ no snow would have arrived by now. USPS

You do realize we are in a global pandemic, and shippers are experiencing delays due to increased online shopping etc, right?

JC

Coos Cues
I shipped a cue to Texas priority mail two weeks ago and it was delivered today. Never any further activity on the tracking until today.

It sat in a trailer in Ft. Worth for most of that time because the local depot was so far behind. Thankfully the weather was moderate or it could have been bad for that cue.

JoeyInCali

Maker of Joey Bautista Cues
Silver Member
I shipped a cue to Texas priority mail two weeks ago and it was delivered today. Never any further activity on the tracking until today.

It sat in a trailer in Ft. Worth for most of that time because the local depot was so far behind. Thankfully the weather was moderate or it could have been bad for that cue.

I'm glad it finally got there and was not jacked .

Yeah, shipping today sucks .
I might just use UPS.

JoeyInCali

Maker of Joey Bautista Cues
Silver Member

Don, did you send it PRIORITY?

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
My sister works for USPS and said its the busiest its ever been in her 25ish years there. (Packages only, not mail).

RiverCity

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
49892522957_091d253085_z.jpg

Maniac

2manyQ's
Silver Member
I ordered a riflescope from Optics Planet a week ago and it hasn't shipped yet.

On the other hand, I ordered a tree stand from Bass Pro Shops the day before yesterday and it was delivered today.

I think it's hit-or-miss depending on who the shipping agent or vendor is.

Maniac

Scrunge19

Registered
Optics planet is notorious for taking their time to ship orders so your delay may not be due to COVID-19 or the package deliverer.

Duane Remick

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member

good news :)

Reactions: JC

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
They're losing money on each one but making up for it in volume:thumbup:

I heard the reason they are down cash is not the per transaction shipping cost and employee pay, but rather they have to fully fund the entire future pension of all employees something like 50 years in advance. I doubt there is a company alive that could fade that.

pwd72s

recreational banger
Silver Member

Good to know this...I'd been wondering.

Reactions: JC

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member

If Fed X did not do per promise, ask for refund, for bad service. Yes Fed X does do refunds.

bubbaandthem

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The last piece of equipment I ordered went from North Carolina to Atlanta back to North Carolina to Mobile, Alabama (40 miles from my home) to Montgomery, Alabama (180 miles from my home) back to Mobile then to Gulf Shores, Alabama where I live. That's not caused by busy.. That's caused by poor logistics

TATE

AzB Gold Mensch
Silver Member
Post office lost two 35 pound dumbbells I ordered. Stuff is just disappearing.

ChrisSjoblom

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I ship between 1 and 4 items each day, usually USPS Priority or FedEx Ground/Home Delivery. I haven't noticed an increase in delayed deliveries. For my money they're both doing pretty good.

Island Drive

Otto/Dads College Roommate/Cleveland Browns
Silver Member

I heard the disease can last up to 3 days on cardboard.