Yard Sale find ID ?

asmith74

Where I pay homage
Silver Member
I know it's probably just a house cue POS but it rolls pretty straight and I really like the butterfly inlays so I may do some work to try to fix it up. Has anyone ever seen something like this before? Make, model or probable years produced? Thanks in advance.

yardsale1_zps0241e025.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

macguy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I know it's probably just a house cue POS but it rolls pretty straight and I really like the butterfly inlays so I may do some work to try to fix it up. Has anyone ever seen something like this before? Make, model or probable years produced? Thanks in advance.

yardsale1_zps0241e025.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

I am tempted to say Dufferin. They have several different joints that are that type of configuration

GBCues

Damn, still .002 TIR!
Gold Member
Silver Member
I would agree it might be a Dufferin - need to see a picture of the butt cap.
FWIW butterflies are splices not inlays - maybe a nit-picky technical detail, but a whole different construction methodology to us.
Gary

asmith74

Where I pay homage
Silver Member
Thanks for the info. I was looking for a cue to try and fix up and at 16oz and slightly smaller than the rest of my cues this will work nicely as a guinea pig and eventual cue for my girls. For two bucks, why not.

Here is a pic of where the end cap was or never was...not sure. Thanks again.

pdcue

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It is almost certainly a Katz - if pin is a 5/16 - 12 you can bet money on it. No chance it is a Dufferin.

Made from the 30s(?) untill the 60s - or 70s.

Retailed for $15 in 1960.

There also is some chance it could be a Brunswick - if so, pin would be 5/16 - 14

Dale(who loves it - BTW)

BHQ

we'll miss you
Silver Member
It is almost certainly a Katz - if pin is a 5/16 - 12 you can bet money on it. No chance it is a Dufferin.

Made from the 30s(?) untill the 60s - or 70s.

Retailed for $15 in 1960.

There also is some chance it could be a Brunswick - if so, pin would be 5/16 - 14

Dale(who loves it - BTW)

agreed, definitely not dufferin
$2 !!! you did very well mr smith

asmith74

Where I pay homage
Silver Member
Yikes, maybe the guinea pig idea has gone out the window. Although I'm fighting the inevitable delusion of grandeur (within myself) I may have to get this into some competent hands for a makeover. Thanks!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Last edited: