amazing draw by Jeff De Luna

Jimmorrison

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
He jumps it in there, cue ball is on the cloth for about 2’. New cloth may make a difference, but the ball does not lose much spin, when it is in the air. Great stroke, he even puts some left on it. Somebody posted this shot, a while back. Worth a second look.

mikemosconi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
He jumps it in there, cue ball is on the cloth for about 2’. New cloth may make a difference, but the ball does not lose much spin, when it is in the air. Great stroke, he even puts some left on it. Somebody posted this shot, a while back. Worth a second look.

Well I watched it several times, I see the cue ball in the air for about the first six inches then on the cloth for about 6 feet or more. Either way, great cue ball control- beyond my abilities for sure.

Patrick Johnson

Fish of the Day
Silver Member
He jumps it in there, cue ball is on the cloth for about 2’. New cloth may make a difference, but the ball does not lose much spin, when it is in the air.
Sure seems like that should be the case, right? But I gotta believe Dr. Dave, who says more spin is lost by the hard bounces than is gained that way:

Draw Shot Physics-Based Advice

This mind-boggling shot has to be mostly due to the slickness of the cloth - and maybe the CB itself.

pj <- not to mention his stroke
chgo

Sharivari

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That shot was just unreal. Of course on new cloth it's a bit easier. But jacked up from the rail, even with right hand english, impressive. I am just wondering if everyone in the crowd had their eyes closed.

CharlesUFarley

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
https://youtu.be/cgQNOgVo41U?t=348

This has to be one of the best draw shots I've seen.

Is this only possible on new/fast cloth with a clean set? He didn't look like he powered the shot either.

-Doug
No. It's possible on old cloth as well. It is a great stroke, but to me it's almost as impressive that he pocketed the ball while slightly elevated, near the end rail, using a metric F-ton of draw and right english simultaneously. It was a very good shot.

HueblerHustler7

AndrewActionG
Silver Member
De'luna is just insane, always a pleasure to watch, his breaks are insane as well. If you haven't had the pleasure of looking up some of his break shots on YouTube yet, do yourself a favor... And do so lol. Enjoy

JohnnyOzone

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Huh? That ball has a ton of right hand spin on it