Poll for your favorite LD shaft

What is your favorite low deflection cue?

• Predator 314-2

Votes: 9 12.3%
  • Predator Z2

Votes: 8 11.0%
  • OB-1

Votes: 3 4.1%
  • OB-2

• OB Classic

Votes: 8 11.0%
  • OB Pro

Votes: 6 8.2%
  • Katana

Votes: 2 2.7%
  • Mcdermott

• Lacasi

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mezz

Votes: 6 8.2%
  • Cuetech

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 25 34.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

thelmstetter

Tomcat
Silver Member
If you play with a low deflection shaft... What is your favorite? If you choose other, please post your shaft of choice. I am not sure how but I overlooked adding Bob Danielson to the poll.

1. Predator Z2
  2. Predator 314-2
  3. OB-1
  4. OB-2
  5. OB Classic
  6. OB Pro
  7. Tiger Pro X
  8. Katana
  9. McDermott
  10. Lacasi
    Bob Danielson
  11. Other

Last edited:

scsuxci

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Jacoby Hybrid gets my overall vote. Lots of great hitting LD shafts but
for overall playability, Jacoby makes a hell of a shaft.

captainkoons

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Why do people consider a LD shaft better than another? I like the Z2s for practice as they have a small diameter which makes you have to put a better stroke on the cue ball and a fairly firm hit. I like the precat 314 over the 314-2 because it again hits firmer.

I so far like the predators, I'm going to be trying other shafts I went from a solid maple to predator then tried my old cue that I bought used for $40 and I seemed to play just as good as with the predators. It's a time to experiment!

Why do people like the Bobs? I'd like to try a Bob or Mezz

superpanget2

Registered
I have the SS360, Edge Hybrid and 314-2. I like Bobs a little bit better than the other 2. It's personal preference but I think the SS360 deflects a bit less and not as skinny (longer taper) as Edge Hybrid and feels a bit more consistent than the 314-2. All of this is IMHO so it's subjective :)

Vahmurka

...and I get all da rolls
Silver Member
Jacoby Edge Hybrid - very good. SweetSpot360 by Bob Danielson - great :thumbup:

acfear

How do you not have The Jacoby Edge Hybrid on this list..... by far the best shaft so I chose other and it seems most other people did too.

MalibuMike

Banned
Wow, everyone seems to be still Bamboozled by Predator/OB!

photo.php
I have tried every shaft on the Market and both OB and Predator are low on my list. Sure they are the most advertized, but who really believes that dribble.
In my opinion the best shafts depending on taper are as follows:
1) The Tiger Pro-X is has the best hit and most solid feel and feedback, and almost zero deflection, its taper is conical or "European" and that will always give you the best results. This is the cue OB gets closer and closer to coping each year, their new "Plus" line offers less "stuffing in the front end" a gimmick Tiger never stooped to.
2) If you just can not live without a "PRO" taper, Try Jacoby's Hybrid edge, it also has a solid wood construction (no green foam in the tip!)
3) If you simply must have that hallowed front end feel that some like, you are going to pay for it with the Mezz Pro II, but instead of whipped cream in the front end, they at least use Carbon for a almost solid feel, with all that wacky action folks have come to love from hollowed out shaft tips.

Break Shafts, back to Tiger's Ice-Breaker, nothing comes close!
~ Malibu Mike Murphy:eek:

Attachments

• 10151141_10152204323558463_977648973_n.jpg
    10151141_10152204323558463_977648973_n.jpg
    81.5 KB · Views: 832

MalibuMike

Banned
Agreed! Best Shaft with a Pro-taper!

How do you not have The Jacoby Edge Hybrid on this list..... by far the best shaft so I chose other and it seems most other people did too.

Yep! Jacoby's solid-wood Edge Hybrid is the Best Shaft with a Pro-taper!
Best shaft all-time, Tiger Pro-X!