Alex: The Lions new shaft?

HueblerHustler7

AndrewActionG
Silver Member
They are Carmeli solid wood shafts with ferrules of a phenolic/linen mixture.

Are you sure? did you watch the video? If the ferules he used were some kind of old 60's linen based micarta I can see it being a lil orange but it is seriously brown, the whole cue actually looks like a mezz cue may even a mezz glove. Just speculation.

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
Are you sure? did you watch the video? If the ferules he used were some kind of old 60's linen based micarta I can see it being a lil orange but it is seriously brown, the whole cue actually looks like a mezz cue may even a mezz glove. Just speculation.

The man who did Alex’s ferrules also did mine....some are very brown.
I also have some put on by his mentor in 1980...they are a bit yellower...
...a WWII material.
I will get more specific info for you in the next couple days, when I see him.

HueblerHustler7

AndrewActionG
Silver Member
The man who did Alex’s ferrules also did mine....some are very brown.
I also have some put on by his mentor in 1980...they are a bit yellower...
...a WWII material.
I will get more specific info for you in the next couple days, when I see him.

Thank you I really appreciate it!

Cezar Morales

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I’m very certain he was using a Predator vantage shaft on 3 of his Carmeli’s butt.
A Titlist, a plain bem Merry Widow and a pointed cue the year before and when he reached the semifinals of the world pool masters before dogging the 9 ball hill hill against jayson Shaw.

And yes, he used to be sponsored by Mezz for awhile before he switched to ob, even had his own signature cue the Mezz ap which he used with a hybrid pro2 shaft in the legendary race to 100 against svb which he came from a lot behind to win Shane.
I’m curious as well as to the brown ferule looking shaft he’s using currently ?
But it doesn’t appear to be the new Mezz Hybrid alpha from the inconsistency of the brown shade.

Also , does anyone knows what cue Joshua filler is using since he moved back to maple shafts from his revo ?

And billy Thorpe as well, he seems to be using a nice tuxedo butt with a revo but I can’t seem to find that predator model?
Will be nice if anyone can chime in :)

Kimmo H.

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
^ Joshua plays with a Z3 at the moment. There are rumors of a 11.8mm Revo coming and supposedly he is getting ready for that shaft, using a similiar size and taper Z3. If that is true I can't swear. He may just like the Z3 better than the he likes the Revo.

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
Thank you I really appreciate it!

Okay....I talked to the Greek

The dark brown ferrules are indeed linen/phenolic from Atlas Billiards...
...they are capped....the shafts are solid wood...re-tapered to about 12 mm...caromish taper.

Alex also has some of the yellow ferrules from WWII....apparently this stuff is tougher..
...doesn’t need to be capped.

I have some ferrules that were installed in 1980 of this stuff...Harvey Rothwell found it
In a war surplus store...he figured the main ingredient was cardboard...
..my ferrules are as tight as the day they were put on...humidity seems to have no effect.
...best ferrules I’ve ever seen...hit soft..like playing with no ferrule

OldOrvis

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
shaft

I have recently seen Alex with a Vantage shaft, there are also some vidoes of him recently with him using them and Dennis O and Carlo and a few others are on the vantage

pwd72s

recreational banger
Silver Member
Dunno 'bout the ferrule or shaft, but you picked a hellofa match to link to. One of the most excellent displays of 10 ball playing I've ever seen on video.

HueblerHustler7

AndrewActionG
Silver Member
QUOTE=Cezar Morales;6355177]I’m very certain he was using a Predator vantage shaft on 3 of his Carmeli’s butt.
A Titlist, a plain bem Merry Widow and a pointed cue the year before and when he reached the semifinals of the world pool masters before dogging the 9 ball hill hill against jayson Shaw.

And yes, he used to be sponsored by Mezz for awhile before he switched to ob, even had his own signature cue the Mezz ap which he used with a hybrid pro2 shaft in the legendary race to 100 against svb which he came from a lot behind to win Shane.
But it doesn’t appear to be the new Mezz Hybrid alpha from the inconsistency of the brown shade.

Also , does anyone knows what cue Joshua filler is using since he moved back to maple shafts from his revo ?

And billy Thorpe as well, he seems to be using a nice tuxedo butt with a revo but I can’t seem to find that predator model?
Will be nice if anyone can chime in :)[/QUOTE]

I did not say he looked like he was using a Hybrid alpha shat I said the new wxapha WX-A

wxa-shaft-mezzdPaqs1mav5u4t.jpg[

JoeyInCali

Maker of Joey Bautista Cues
Silver Member
QUOTE=Cezar Morales;6355177]I’m very certain he was using a Predator vantage shaft on 3 of his Carmeli’s butt.

Will be nice if anyone can chime in :)

I did not say he looked like he was using a Hybrid alpha shat I said the new wxapha WX-A

View attachment 515331[[/QUOTE]

Good thing Mezz is replacing their very pitty white "melamine" ferrule.

j2pac

Marital Slow Learner.
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Okay....I talked to the Greek

The dark brown ferrules are indeed linen/phenolic from Atlas Billiards...
...they are capped....the shafts are solid wood...re-tapered to about 12 mm...caromish taper.

Alex also has some of the yellow ferrules from WWII....apparently this stuff is tougher..
...doesn’t need to be capped.

I have some ferrules that were installed in 1980 of this stuff...Harvey Rothwell found it
In a war surplus store...he figured the main ingredient was cardboard...
..my ferrules are as tight as the day they were put on...humidity seems to have no effect.
...best ferrules I’ve ever seen...hit soft..like playing with no ferrule

Probably old brown paper micarta. I have a nice block that came from an old facility in Texas. I don't know that I would part with it. ;)

brilliance

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
hi

It could be micarta as well, see this one from Diveney. Plays very good.

Attachments

• micarta.jpg
    micarta.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 210