Postive Covid19 Test at CSI / BCAPL event

Kickin' Chicken

Kick Shot Aficionado
Silver Member
You got it right. My college age daughter is in Costa Rica right now. Avianca canceled all return flights without notifying passengers. We found out because we looked. We just booked them home on a new ticket on United in two days, fingers crossed those flights will operate.

Our county (San Luis Obispo, CA) just went on lockdown starting tomorrow night. Hope you and all of us get through this better, wiser, more appreciative.

Hi Chris

I heard VP Pence say yesterday that the government will be doing everything they can to get our citizens back home Safely

hoping your daughter gets back soon and in good shape

marek

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I just wondered if AZB is still the same place I left. And yes, it is, still the same clueless arguments from people who know actually nothing with some reasonable people here and there. I said a bye to this place yet I still feel obliged to open some eyes here, hopefully someone will listen.

When I see the way US goverment aproached this outbreak and how US people in general are naive in regards to COVID-19 situation one thing is perfectly clear: many people in USA will die from this, even some people here on AZB will die because of COVID-19. Simple as that. COVID-19 is not as deadly as some of the other corona-family viruses such as SARS for example but because of how contageous it is before any symptoms shows in patients (1-2 weeks) US heath care system wont be able to cope with the huge influx of new patients actually needing to get mediacal treatment (for example lung ventilators) in the next weeks. Thats what is happening in Italy and Spain right now, thats what will happen both in USA and Great Britain - people simply dont/wont get 21st century treatment because of heathcare system overload, in Italy at hospitals there is basically a war zone where doctors decide who has the higher chance of survival and therefore gets the treatment and who is simply left to die - I am not kidding, thats how bad it is over there. You people here talk about how Italy is full of old people with underlying medical issues..but somehow you forget about the fact that USA has about 100million overweight people from which over 70million are obese people = people with weak immune system. Just perfect breeding ground for COVID-19.

The worst part is that the last time to step down on the breaks to actually slow down COVID-19 was about 2-3 weeks back, there is no longer anything your government can do to actually prevent this sh*tstorm, according to epidemiologists the real numbers are 50-100x times higher and all those who contracted it are highly contagious even without any symptoms - no need for coughing or sneezing, simple breathing is contagious! Enjoy the last few days before the storm; unless a miracle in a form of COVID-19 efficient vaccine/treatment happens SOON you are in deep deep trouble.... :sorry:

Protect yourself by isolating yourself if possible, wear a face mask/veil/scarf (it doesnt prevent you from contracting the virus but it helps not to spread it if you already have it. Wash your hands every single time you come from the outside, COVID-19 stays alive in the air for 2 hours and even 2-3 days on some porous materials and by touching it you get it on your hands. Dont touch your face, your mouth, your eyes unless your hands have been thoroughly washed. Dont shake hands, just do a fist bump or bow or do whatever you deem suitable just DONT shake hands!
For those who still think this is just "another seasonal flu" look at the links, those are numbers from USA and GB, especially the last graph (recovery vs death) is "juicy" - its worse than in Italy.

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/us/
https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/uk/

Last edited:

Dan_B

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Sounds like the companies underwriting life insurance are
angling to weasel out of paying the death benefits,
especially if they find policy holders do not adhere to authority guidelines.

KAP1976

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I’m sorry but your nurse friends are ignorant. I am a healthcare provider and have heard nurses saying the same things...it’s no big deal, the flu kills more people, etc.

The truth is this is a serious problem. If you’re young and healthy but the elderly and immunocompromised have a real chance of contracting this and dying because of it. If someone doesn’t care about that and just goes on with their life, then that person is an asshole or very ignorant at best.

Stay home people. That is the only way to slow the transmission is to limit contact. If infection rates grow exponentially then many people will die when they didn’t have to die to an inability to provide care to everyone.

Why on Earth would I take health advice from a nurse when, every time I walk by a hospital half of them are outside smoking.

logical

Loose Rack
Silver Member
I just wondered if AZB is still the same place I left. And yes, it is, still the same clueless arguments from people who know actually nothing with some reasonable people here and there. I said a bye to this place yet I still feel obliged to open some eyes here, hopefully someone will listen.

When I see the way US goverment aproached this outbreak and how US people in general are naive in regards to COVID-19 situation one thing is perfectly clear: many people in USA will die from this, even some people here on AZB will die because of COVID-19. Simple as that. COVID-19 is not as deadly as some of the other corona-family viruses such as SARS for example but because of how contageous it is before any symptoms shows in patients (1-2 weeks) US heath care system wont be able to cope with the huge influx of new patients actually needing to get mediacal treatment (for example lung ventilators) in the next weeks. Thats what is happening in Italy and Spain right now, thats what will happen both in USA and Great Britain - people simply dont/wont get 21st century treatment because of heathcare system overload, in Italy at hospitals there is basically a war zone where doctors decide who has the higher chance of survival and therefore gets the treatment and who is simply left to die - I am not kidding, thats how bad it is over there. You people here talk about how Italy is full of old people with underlying medical issues..but somehow you forget about the fact that USA has about 100million overweight people from which over 70million are obese people = people with weak immune system. Just perfect breeding ground for COVID-19.

The worst part is that the last time to step down on the breaks to actually slow down COVID-19 was about 2-3 weeks back, there is no longer anything your government can do to actually prevent this sh*tstorm, according to epidemiologists the real numbers are 50-100x times higher and all those who contracted it are highly contagious even without any symptoms - no need for coughing or sneezing, simple breathing is contagious! Enjoy the last few days before the storm; unless a miracle in a form of COVID-19 efficient vaccine/treatment happens SOON you are in deep deep trouble.... :sorry:

Protect yourself by isolating yourself if possible, wear a face mask/veil/scarf (it doesnt prevent you from contracting the virus but it helps not to spread it if you already have it. Wash your hands every single time you come from the outside, COVID-19 stays alive in the air for 2 hours and even 2-3 days on some porous materials and by touching it you get it on your hands. Dont touch your face, your mouth, your eyes unless your hands have been thoroughly washed. Dont shake hands, just do a fist bump or bow or do whatever you deem suitable just DONT shake hands!
For those who still think this is just "another seasonal flu" look at the links, those are numbers from USA and GB, especially the last graph (recovery vs death) is "juicy" - its worse than in Italy.

thanks so much for straightening us all out. Your parents most be very proud.

Nostroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Why on Earth would I take health advice from a nurse when, every time I walk by a hospital half of them are outside smoking.

Would you like to bet 5k, that you can find one hospital in the USA with more than 100 nurses where half are outside smoking? I'll book it- No Vig!

jtompilot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
hi jtom, hope you're staying safe
I linked to a fact check of trump's travel restrictions above

here it is again, fyi
https://www.factcheck.org/2020/03/the-facts-on-trumps-travel-restrictions/

Thanks for the link. I agree President Trump does exaggerate but he’s at least doing something.

Fact check needs to fact check their own articles. They said no presidential candidates disagreed, well I remember Biden specifically saying President Trump was racist over the partial ban. In fact, Biden has said numerous times we have nothing to fear from China and that China wasn’t a threat. It’s amazing how much more power China has after giving Biden’s son 1.5 billion dollars.

I’ll bet there’s more even errors in fact check.

If there’s one thing that comes out of this is that we need to eliminate China as a major source of goods and supplies. I never knew how dependent we are on them for medical supplies.

Dan_B

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
How do you know it wasn't safer to be at the Rio than any other place that they may have been if not at the Rio/BCA?

Well that is the dumbest question I've seen in a while.

well, this forum is wide ranging and for those not grasping the situation,
those not attending the CSI/BCA tournament were, reportedly, in groups of 300 or more
touching things at Sam's.

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member

Thank you. I feel like a voice in the wilderness on here sometimes. I see exactly what you are seeing. A tardy response and an ill prepared nation trying to play catch up right now. Yet, many are still downplaying this Pandemic that is right in our laps. It is only in its early stages now, but already the numbers are starting to multiply rapidly as testing becomes more available. A million or more could be infected here already, with millions more to come. True, most will survive, some after a long and grueling illness, but many others (thousands) will die.

Last edited:

Mich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thank you. I feel like a voice in the wilderness on here sometimes. I see exactly what you are seeing. A tardy response and an ill prepared nation trying to play catch up right now. Yet, many are still downplaying this Pandemic that is right in our laps. It is only in its early stages now, but already the numbers are starting to multiply rapidly as testing becomes more available. A million or more could be infected here already, with millions more to come. True, most will survive, some after a long and grueling illness, but many others (thousands upon thousands) will die.
https://ncov2019.live/

Kickin' Chicken

Kick Shot Aficionado
Silver Member
anyone who doesn't think that covid-19 in the USA is a big deal, maybe you'll change your minds in a week or two.

And if you aren't taking any precautions to protect yourselves against getting it, then you must not have any family members or friends who are in the high risk category (over 60/smoker/underlying medical conditions).

Dan_B

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
The wife just did the census 2020 thing,
thought best to help with the potential body bag count.

...and Jay,
you're not alone,
all the best.

evergruven

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks for the link. I agree President Trump does exaggerate but he’s at least doing something.

Fact check needs to fact check their own articles. They said no presidential candidates disagreed, well I remember Biden specifically saying President Trump was racist over the partial ban. In fact, Biden has said numerous times we have nothing to fear from China and that China wasn’t a threat. It’s amazing how much more power China has after giving Biden’s son 1.5 billion dollars.

I’ll bet there’s more even errors in fact check.

If there’s one thing that comes out of this is that we need to eliminate China as a major source of goods and supplies. I never knew how dependent we are on them for medical supplies.

I searched and couldn't find any quote from biden called trump exactly a "racist"
(not recently, 2019 is a different story)
factcheck does mention biden calling trump's record "xenophobic"
the truth is there is often plenty of name-calling going on, from all sides
and I don't blame you for being cautious in trusting (especially online) sources
we should all be doubtful, look for facts, consult from many sources
and come to our own conclusions

fact check the factcheck is a great example:grin:
I've fact-checked them a few times and they're pretty good
they can come across as critical of trump
but honestly, 45 makes it easy with how much he talks
interestingly, factcheck was founded by wealthy and well-known republican backer, walter annenberg
but political ties aside, walter was a champion of education and philanthropy
and gave away a bunch of money to a diverse group of schools and causes

thinking of him reminds me how good it is to give
when we can, and whether it be money, time, or other resources
even just a kind thought might help
there are a lot of folks out there really going through it
let our collective adversity inspire us all to be caring for our fellow human
and we can get through this thing, together

Chembry

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
call me an optimistic but

6% of Active Cases are considered serious (requiring hospitalization), steady from 6% yesterday and down from 19% just 3 weeks ago

and over 80k recoveries

sounds like it aint a death sentence like most of you want to push it as

https://www.glennbeck.com/blog/coronavirus-update-march-18th

This virus can be deadly, especially if you are in the high risk category and you can't deny that. As most have mentioned, the precautions are being put in place so as not to overwhelm our healthcare system. The virus spreads so rapidly because the only people on earth that have immunity are, presumably, the only people that have already been infected with the virus.

Let's use some numbers. The population of the US is 327 million. Lets say 25% becomes ill with the virus, that is true speculation for visualization. Nobody knows the real number of people that will get infected, but we know this spreads fast. Anyway that is ~81 million people. Using your numbers 6% of those will need hospitalization and that is 4.9 million people. We only have about 925,000 hospital beds in the USA and <10% of those are dedicated to ICU beds. As you can see the math doesn't add up, unless we take precautions and flatten the curve so that number is spread out over time to allow those beds to become available. That also doesn't take into account the current demand for healthcare for oncology patients, emergencies, cardiac patients, etc...

You really should listen to the WHO updates where they give updates as to what is currently taking place globally.

Kickin' Chicken

Kick Shot Aficionado
Silver Member
Breaking news

Just heard on WCBS news radio Coronavirus shatters New Jersey family; a mother and three of her children all dead from Coronavirus and four other family members are now hospitalized.

Go tell that family it's not a big deal. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
I searched and couldn't find any quote from biden called trump exactly a "racist"
and I don't blame you for being cautious in trusting (especially online) sources

interestingly, factcheck was founded by wealthy and well-known republican backer, walter annenberg

A message I try to live by is, "The more you give, the more you receive." I don't know why but living life this way has paid me dividends in the long run.

logical

Loose Rack
Silver Member

I googled "Biden calls trump racist" and got a dozen. Did you spell Biden wrong or something?

Sent from the future.