Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Main Category > Non Pool Related
Reload this Page Interesting article on the datatraffic between mail1.trump-email.com and Alfa Bank
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
Interesting article on the datatraffic between mail1.trump-email.com and Alfa Bank
Old
  (#1)
Kimmo
AzB Silver Member
Kimmo has a reputation beyond reputeKimmo has a reputation beyond reputeKimmo has a reputation beyond reputeKimmo has a reputation beyond reputeKimmo has a reputation beyond reputeKimmo has a reputation beyond reputeKimmo has a reputation beyond reputeKimmo has a reputation beyond reputeKimmo has a reputation beyond reputeKimmo has a reputation beyond reputeKimmo has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 25
 Send a message via ICQ to Kimmo Send a message via MSN to Kimmo Send a message via Skype™ to Kimmo 
Interesting article on the datatraffic between mail1.trump-email.com and Alfa Bank - 10-11-2018, 02:39 AM

Quite interesting read....

https://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2...trump-campaign

Quote:

Was There a Connection Between a Russian Bank and the Trump Campaign?

A team of computer scientists sifted through records of unusual Web traffic in search of answers.

By Dexter Filkins

In June, 2016, after news broke that the Democratic National Committee had been hacked, a group of prominent computer scientists went on alert. Reports said that the infiltrators were probably Russian, which suggested to most members of the group that one of the country’s intelligence agencies had been involved. They speculated that if the Russians were hacking the Democrats they must be hacking the Republicans, too. “We thought there was no way in the world the Russians would just attack the Democrats,” one of the computer scientists, who asked to be identified only as Max, told me.

The group was small—a handful of scientists, scattered across the country—and politically diverse. (Max described himself as “a John McCain Republican.”) Its members sometimes worked with law enforcement or for private clients, but mostly they acted as self-appointed guardians of the Internet, trying to thwart hackers and to keep the system clean of malware—software that hackers use to control a computer remotely, or to extract data. “People think the Internet runs on its own,” Max told me. “It doesn’t. We do this to keep the Internet safe.” The hack of the D.N.C. seemed like a pernicious attack on the integrity of the Web, as well as on the American political system. The scientists decided to investigate whether any Republicans had been hacked, too. “We were trying to protect them,” Max said

Don't try to add days to your life, add life to your days! - This message is environmentally friendly...it has been written in it's entirety with recycled bits and bytes.

Name: Kimmo
Playing cue: Predator P3/314², ~20oz + KamuiBlack SS
Break cue: Predator BK2
Jump: Custom
Nationality: Finnish
Hours of pool per week: Hours?? As in PLURAL? You've got to be kidding me...I've got 3 kids!

Old
  (#2)
PRED
AzB Silver Member
PRED has a reputation beyond reputePRED has a reputation beyond reputePRED has a reputation beyond reputePRED has a reputation beyond reputePRED has a reputation beyond reputePRED has a reputation beyond reputePRED has a reputation beyond reputePRED has a reputation beyond reputePRED has a reputation beyond reputePRED has a reputation beyond reputePRED has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 600

10-11-2018, 04:18 AM

Go Back AzBilliards.com > Main Category >
Attached Images

IRATUS VULGUS

Old
  (#3)
Kimmo
AzB Silver Member
Kimmo has a reputation beyond reputeKimmo has a reputation beyond reputeKimmo has a reputation beyond reputeKimmo has a reputation beyond reputeKimmo has a reputation beyond reputeKimmo has a reputation beyond reputeKimmo has a reputation beyond reputeKimmo has a reputation beyond reputeKimmo has a reputation beyond reputeKimmo has a reputation beyond reputeKimmo has a reputation beyond repute

Send a message via ICQ to Kimmo Send a message via MSN to Kimmo Send a message via Skype™ to Kimmo 
10-11-2018, 04:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRED View Post
Go Back AzBilliards.com > Main Category >
why do you not just Dispute any parts of the article...there are even bits that might Support your Point of view...

Don't try to add days to your life, add life to your days! - This message is environmentally friendly...it has been written in it's entirety with recycled bits and bytes.

Hours of pool per week: Hours?? As in PLURAL? You've got to be kidding me...I've got 3 kids!

Old
  (#4)
Tony_in_MD
You want some of this?
Tony_in_MD has a reputation beyond reputeTony_in_MD has a reputation beyond reputeTony_in_MD has a reputation beyond reputeTony_in_MD has a reputation beyond reputeTony_in_MD has a reputation beyond reputeTony_in_MD has a reputation beyond reputeTony_in_MD has a reputation beyond reputeTony_in_MD has a reputation beyond reputeTony_in_MD has a reputation beyond reputeTony_in_MD has a reputation beyond reputeTony_in_MD has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

10-11-2018, 05:04 AM

DNS lookups.

OMG that is it, the entire Russian Collusion Theory has been proven!

Laughable.

Tony Marcino - PBIA Instructor
Member of the SPF family of instructors
Background Verified
443-624-0912

"High quality fundamentals beats all of the high quality concepts and esoteric executions ever created." -- Bert Kinister

Old
  (#5)
PRED
AzB Silver Member
PRED has a reputation beyond reputePRED has a reputation beyond reputePRED has a reputation beyond reputePRED has a reputation beyond reputePRED has a reputation beyond reputePRED has a reputation beyond reputePRED has a reputation beyond reputePRED has a reputation beyond reputePRED has a reputation beyond reputePRED has a reputation beyond reputePRED has a reputation beyond repute

10-11-2018, 05:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimmo View Post
why do you not just Dispute any parts of the article...there are even bits that might Support your Point of view...
Because it would be the height of redundancy. It has been debunked early and often.

You can be gullible and believe Max.

U&MaxGotNuttin'

IRATUS VULGUS

Old
  (#6)
Kimmo
AzB Silver Member

10-11-2018, 05:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony_in_MD View Post
DNS lookups.

OMG that is it, the entire Russian Collusion Theory has been proven!

Laughable.
is there anyone that claimed that?
me thinks the Gentleman protesteth too much...but against what really?

Old
  (#7)
Kimmo
AzB Silver Member

10-11-2018, 05:10 AM

Quote:
Because it would be the height of redundancy. It has been debunked early and often.

You can be gullible and believe Max.

U&MaxGotNuttin'
ok...then can you provide me the link where the the only DNS-requests coming to that Server are from the Russian bank is explained? or debunked.
There are theories in the article if you ever read it, but rather far-fetched....if you have evidence I would love to read it...

Old
  (#8)
PRED
AzB Silver Member

10-11-2018, 05:11 AM

Did you read about the RUSSIANS bank connection to the Clintons and the 500K payout?

IRATUS VULGUS

Old
  (#9)
Kimmo
AzB Silver Member

10-11-2018, 05:16 AM

Quote:
Did you read about the RUSSIANS bank connection to the Clintons and the 500K payout?
not yet, but I am sure you will provide me a link in another thread so that can be addressed there and this thread stays about this topic?

Old
  (#10)
Tony_in_MD
You want some of this?
Tony_in_MD has a reputation beyond reputeTony_in_MD has a reputation beyond reputeTony_in_MD has a reputation beyond reputeTony_in_MD has a reputation beyond reputeTony_in_MD has a reputation beyond reputeTony_in_MD has a reputation beyond reputeTony_in_MD has a reputation beyond reputeTony_in_MD has a reputation beyond reputeTony_in_MD has a reputation beyond reputeTony_in_MD has a reputation beyond reputeTony_in_MD has a reputation beyond repute

10-11-2018, 05:19 AM

The entire article was a vehicle to add something to the whole Russian Collusion investigation. If not why write it?

Following their logic, I would have been guilty of both Russian and Chinese collision in the mid 90's when I setup web servers for my former employer.

Within 20 minutes of one of my servers going active it was looked up by servers in Moscow, and Beijing, then automated scripts were being pushed to try to break into my systems.

If you really want to know what was occurring, you put a packet sniffer on the network and analyze the data stream between the two points. I am surprised that their Senior Management IT experts that looked at their DNS lookup tables didn't say that. of course maybe they did, but that wouldn't support the writers intention now would it so it was omitted.

I have no doubt that today this is still being done (and much more) by Russia, China and NK (to name a few) and they try to hide these activities using a banking site as the front.

Quote:
is there anyone that claimed that?
me thinks the Gentleman protesteth too much...but against what really?

Background Verified
443-624-0912

"High quality fundamentals beats all of the high quality concepts and esoteric executions ever created." -- Bert Kinister

Old
  (#11)
Kimmo
AzB Silver Member

10-11-2018, 05:25 AM

Quote:
The entire article was a vehicle to add something to the whole Russian Collusion investigation. If not why write it?

Following their logic, I would have been guilty of both Russian and Chinese collision in the mid 90's when I setup web servers for my former employer.

Within 20 minutes of one of my servers going active it was looked up by servers in Moscow, and Beijing, then automated scripts were being pushed to try to break into my systems.

If you really want to know what was occurring, you put a packet sniffer on the network and analyze the data stream between the two points. I am surprised that their Senior Management IT experts that looked at their DNS lookup tables didn't say that. of course maybe they did, but that wouldn't support the writers intention now would it so it was omitted.

I have no doubt that today this is still being done (and much more) by Russia, China and NK (to name a few) and they try to hide these activities using a banking site as the front.
I am fully aware of those scripts and attempts. The Situation here is a tad different though. This is traffic that was solely limited to one Company in the Russia and continued over months, peaking at certain times. Once the Company in Russia was asked about it (before the Owners of the Domain were) the traffic quickly stopped...
packet sniffers are fine if you can track the traffic in real-time...this is however not the case, this is a matter of Analysis of the DNS-logs after the fact...

Old
  (#12)
Tony_in_MD
You want some of this?

10-11-2018, 05:35 AM

Glad you know of these things, you don't think there is more speculation than fact in this article too?

If there was anything to this at the time it could have been done. They did contact the FBI correct? With senior staff like Strock and McCable you don't think they would have jumped on this if anything was there?

If one thinks there is anything there now, they have to go to court (probably FISA) and obtain a search warrants for the computer records. Good luck getting them from Russia. The records may or may not be available on the Trump domain computer especially if someone like Hillary was running it.

This all is nothing but speculation and innuendo to create a narrative that fits some observations.

Tell me what other DNS look ups did the Russian Bank server do at the same time wouldn't that be an important data point to know?

Quote:
I am fully aware of those scripts and attempts. The Situation here is a tad different though. This is traffic that was solely limited to one Company in the Russia and continued over months, peaking at certain times. Once the Company in Russia was asked about it (before the Owners of the Domain were) the traffic quickly stopped...
packet sniffers are fine if you can track the traffic in real-time...this is however not the case, this is a matter of Analysis of the DNS-logs after the fact...

Background Verified
443-624-0912

Old
  (#13)
Slide Rule
NPR Commies Garbage Skum
Slide Rule has a reputation beyond reputeSlide Rule has a reputation beyond reputeSlide Rule has a reputation beyond reputeSlide Rule has a reputation beyond reputeSlide Rule has a reputation beyond reputeSlide Rule has a reputation beyond reputeSlide Rule has a reputation beyond reputeSlide Rule has a reputation beyond reputeSlide Rule has a reputation beyond reputeSlide Rule has a reputation beyond reputeSlide Rule has a reputation beyond repute

10-11-2018, 05:36 AM

Too fvcken low.

Old
  (#14)
Kimmo
AzB Silver Member

10-11-2018, 05:44 AM

Quote:
Glad you know of these things, you don't think there is more speculation than fact in this article too?

If there was anything to this at the time it could have been done. They did contact the FBI correct? With senior staff like Strock and McCable you don't think they would have jumped on this if anything was there?

If one thinks there is anything there now, they have to go to court (probably FISA) and obtain a search warrants for the computer records. Good luck getting them from Russia. The records may or may not be available on the Trump domain computer especially if someone like Hillary was running it.

This all is nothing but speculation and innuendo to create a narrative that fits some observations.

Tell me what other DNS look ups did the Russian Bank server do at the same time wouldn't that be an important data point to know?
this is why I call this as "interesting article" and not Gospel.
The logs are no longer available (as per the article) so getting the logs now is not an Option... As for the mail-Server, why would Hillary be running Servers for trump?
Apparently the logs are not available from there either... The evidence part of the article sounds interesting....not compelling, but definitely interesting. The reference to human interaction there does raise some questions....it is just nobody is willing to discuss them...certainly not here where the MO is "attack the Person first and hope the Topic gets forgotten" or at least "distract and redirect"

Old
  (#15)
Tony_in_MD
You want some of this?

10-11-2018, 05:54 AM

Someone like Hillary does not mean Hillary herself.

Hillary ----> Wipe it, you mean like with a cloth?

I hope you don't think I attacked you. I pointed out issues in the article itself, but I did question the expertise of these Senior Management Experts in IT and Computer Security. For that I am guilty as charged.

In my experience, the more senior you get, the less of an expert you are. You aren't placed in a senior position because you can setup a an EIGRP routing protocol. You are there because your a suit, an often times an empty one at that.

I don't jump over claims of "experts" till I review their credentials.

Quote:
this is why I call this as "interesting article" and not Gospel.
The logs are no longer available (as per the article) so getting the logs now is not an Option... As for the mail-Server, why would Hillary be running Servers for trump?
Apparently the logs are not available from there either... The evidence part of the article sounds interesting....not compelling, but definitely interesting. The reference to human interaction there does raise some questions....it is just nobody is willing to discuss them...certainly not here where the MO is "attack the Person first and hope the Topic gets forgotten" or at least "distract and redirect"

Background Verified
443-624-0912

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: