cuecomponents.com reputation

Rain-Man

Team Deplorable
Silver Member
Joe and I started off on the wrong foot right here on this site. I read a thread bashing him pretty thoroughly and said where there is smoke there must be fire, think I'll stay away. Joe sent me a PM said he didn't want to do business with me either! I replied I didn't need the headache.

From that start we talked a little and I made a couple of purchases from Joe, everything great on medium sized purchases. Then I had a shipping issue, some cheap wood missing and a hole in a box. Some ivory missing too. I told Joe to forget the wood, not worth reshipping three dollar cores but I wanted the ivory. Joe said he would make up the missing ivory and reship the original ivory order. I didn't expect this but assumed he had misspoke. Nope, covered the loss plus doubled my order, free!

As Joe told me, he pleases probably 98% or more of his customers. Usually a reason when Joe and a customer get sideways and Joe couldn't spell "tact" if he posted it on a sign near his computer! Like me, he tends to meet people halfway, good guys and jackasses. When you meet jackasses halfway they tend to get offended. I suspect some good guys call Joe upset from the moment they call and have issues too. He will work out issues but not if you call raising hell from the jump. Personally I like Joe, have had excellent dealings with him throughout.

I had an order screwed up seemingly deliberately by an employee at one of the biggest players in the industry. Called them up, totally unconcerned not expecting any issues dealing with the problems and fully expecting to be taken care of. Out of multiple pieces of twelve different items, eight groups of items were wrong like somebody deliberately grabbed out of the bin right beside the right one, similar to what I ordered but not quite. Talked to a great puckered smelly ass. Mentioned it on the cue builders forum and they told me who I needed to talk to, a great guy who would make things right. Um, that is who I had talked to. Late afternoon, guess he had a bad day. Screw them though, I don't even buy what they make from them! They burned me for a hundred or so, not giving them another chance.

Another highly regarded supplier burned me for serious dollars too, cost me over a thousand to fix. He had some major misfortune in his own life and I dropped my issues. Many sing his praises.

I have had great dealings with some suppliers, fair dealings with most, and bad dealings with a couple. I think you will find that true of most people who buy cue supplies. All of us end up with suppliers we like and suppliers we wouldn't deal with on a bet. Funny thing, some hate the suppliers others like and vice-versa! You have to build your relationships with suppliers. I prefer putting in some medium sized orders, fifty dollars to a couple hundred. If they go smoothly then I place more orders and bigger orders.

Hu

Good post, and I agree with you here..

I know Joe has many many detractors, but I've ordered supplies from him many times over the years and will do so in the future..

Only 'negative' issues would be a little slow on the shipping at times, which I can understand from time to time, and never more than a few days to a week later than what was expected, and shipping prices are higher than what I know they are for USPS shipping..

Bank it

Uh Huh, Sounds Legit
Silver Member
Good post, and I agree with you here..

I know Joe has many many detractors, but I've ordered supplies from him many times over the years and will do so in the future..

Only 'negative' issues would be a little slow on the shipping at times, which I can understand from time to time, and never more than a few days to a week later than what was expected, and shipping prices are higher than what I know they are for USPS shipping..

Is this where you get your G2 tips? Inquiring minds would like to know.

Rain-Man

Team Deplorable
Silver Member
Is this where you get your G2 tips? Inquiring minds would like to know.

Hi,
No, I'm an authorized G2 dealer (since 6/7/13) and get them from g2tips.Com

I'm an authorized Kamui dealer and Tiger Products (Everests, Snipers, Onyx, etc..) dealer as well.

I get some of my repair supplies (I only do shaft and tip work), tooling, ferrules, and such from him on occasion..

Rain-Man

Last edited:

mortuarymike-nv

mortuarymike-nv
Silver Member
G2 tips

Hi,
No, I'm an authorized G2 dealer (since 6/7/13) and get them from g2tips.Com

I'm an authorized Kamui dealer and Tiger Products (Everests, Snipers, Onyx, etc..) dealer as well.

I get some of my repair supplies (I only do shaft and tip work), tooling, ferrules, and such from him on occasion..

Rain-Man

It didn't bother you that Joe was having G2 tips made and putting G2 logo on them without G 2 permission ?
It sure seemed to bother the owners of G 2 .

GoldCrown

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Gotta love this. Can't blame the man. Joe's simple requests:
We enjoy talking with many of you but we ask that you please
Read This Before You Call:

Some of this may sound ridiculous but it's not to us.

1) Gather your thoughts before you call so you know what you are going to say.
2) Lower the radio, stereo or whatever it is these days that produces loud musical sounds.
3) Finish the argument with your mom, parents, wife, inlaw, son or whomever it is that you have a disagreement with prior to calling.
4) Make certain you have a good cell connection. This is paramount! We don't want to play, "can you hear me now".
5) Don't call us from your car because you have nothing else to do or no one else to talk to.
6) Don't call when you've been drinking. We don't understand alco-phonics.
7) If you just burned a doobie, call us tomorrow as time is not in slow motion for us.
8) If you just hit the meth pipe, call tomorrow as we are not here today.
9) If you just downed some dilaudids, see #8.
10) If you are calling to ask if something is in stock, the answer is we stock everything we sell so there is no need to call.
11) If you cannot find it on our web site, 99.9% of the time we don't carry it and no we don't know where you can get it; try Google. We are not the information desk at the library.
12) If you cannot communicate your thoughts in a logical, orderly, conscious and semi-intelligent manner perhaps you would be better served by calling our competitors and be sure to tell them we referred you.
13) Please do not call us if you don't speak fairly good English. We do not speak German, Italian, Swedish, Russian, Japanese, Chinese, Taiwanese, any Eastern European language, Greek, Spanish, Portuguese or Alienese. We speak English, period. Please email us if your English is not very good. We find this to be best.
14) To our friends in California: contrary to popular belief (in California), the world does not revolve around California. To the contrary, it revolves around eastern times so please adjust the time of your calls to coincide with when we actually work. And no, we do not work at 10pm in the evening nor when you get home from the pool room at 5am. (you can't imagine!)
15) Try to use your God given brains for more than just a hat rack; have some respect and consideration for us when phoning.

If the above sounds ridiculous to you, then come spend a week answering our phones! You'll have a revelation and fully understand the term, the 'dumbing down of America'.

Our phone policy: Please do not call to pick our brains or to just shoot the breeze. Time is precious and we're very busy. You do not need to call us to place an order; you can do that more efficiently and quicker online. If you have a question about a product, feel free to call. We do not provide 'how-to instructions' or 'free lessons' on cue construction over the phone. If we know you and we've built up a friendship, we are more inclined to offer out our advice and knowledge. Unless you've purchased from us or have taken our courses, we do not offer any phone support to anyone we do not know. Do not waste our time or yours with trying to pick our brain (what little we have left). Please respect our wishes.

Basically.... tire kickers, brain pickers - go away. Sincere people are most welcomed. We are very nice people and will go out of our way to serve you. We do not want to deal with leeches who waste our time (you know who you are). When and if you make an investment in us we will make an investment in you. It's that's simple.

ShootingArts

Smorg is giving St Peter the 7!
Gold Member
Silver Member
when I had a storefront

When I had a storefront type business and a waiting room I posted some signs in the waiting room meant to be humorous. Some of them I realized were far too close to true and had to take them down. One of them I took down was, "This isn't Burger King, you get it my way or you don't get the SOB!"

I have never found Joe and his people to be as one way as I could be but he and they do have to manage time well. When he runs specials he sometimes ships out about an eighteen wheeler load of packages a day from old pictures I have seen. That kind of volume doesn't leave much room for chat.

Calling any supplier, I always write down the name and stock or part number of what I am ordering along with the listed price. Then I read my list, either name or stock number and verify the rest of the information. I can order over a dozen things in a few minutes and rarely get orders messed up. This benefits me at least as much as the supplier because when there is confusion we solve it at the time I am ordering, not after something shows up at my door.

Hu

Gotta love this. Can't blame the man. Joe's simple requests:
We enjoy talking with many of you but we ask that you please
Read This Before You Call:

Some of this may sound ridiculous but it's not to us.

1) Gather your thoughts before you call so you know what you are going to say.
2) Lower the radio, stereo or whatever it is these days that produces loud musical sounds.
3) Finish the argument with your mom, parents, wife, inlaw, son or whomever it is that you have a disagreement with prior to calling.
4) Make certain you have a good cell connection. This is paramount! We don't want to play, "can you hear me now".
5) Don't call us from your car because you have nothing else to do or no one else to talk to.
6) Don't call when you've been drinking. We don't understand alco-phonics.
7) If you just burned a doobie, call us tomorrow as time is not in slow motion for us.
8) If you just hit the meth pipe, call tomorrow as we are not here today.
9) If you just downed some dilaudids, see #8.
10) If you are calling to ask if something is in stock, the answer is we stock everything we sell so there is no need to call.
11) If you cannot find it on our web site, 99.9% of the time we don't carry it and no we don't know where you can get it; try Google. We are not the information desk at the library.
12) If you cannot communicate your thoughts in a logical, orderly, conscious and semi-intelligent manner perhaps you would be better served by calling our competitors and be sure to tell them we referred you.
13) Please do not call us if you don't speak fairly good English. We do not speak German, Italian, Swedish, Russian, Japanese, Chinese, Taiwanese, any Eastern European language, Greek, Spanish, Portuguese or Alienese. We speak English, period. Please email us if your English is not very good. We find this to be best.
14) To our friends in California: contrary to popular belief (in California), the world does not revolve around California. To the contrary, it revolves around eastern times so please adjust the time of your calls to coincide with when we actually work. And no, we do not work at 10pm in the evening nor when you get home from the pool room at 5am. (you can't imagine!)
15) Try to use your God given brains for more than just a hat rack; have some respect and consideration for us when phoning.

If the above sounds ridiculous to you, then come spend a week answering our phones! You'll have a revelation and fully understand the term, the 'dumbing down of America'.

Our phone policy: Please do not call to pick our brains or to just shoot the breeze. Time is precious and we're very busy. You do not need to call us to place an order; you can do that more efficiently and quicker online. If you have a question about a product, feel free to call. We do not provide 'how-to instructions' or 'free lessons' on cue construction over the phone. If we know you and we've built up a friendship, we are more inclined to offer out our advice and knowledge. Unless you've purchased from us or have taken our courses, we do not offer any phone support to anyone we do not know. Do not waste our time or yours with trying to pick our brain (what little we have left). Please respect our wishes.

Basically.... tire kickers, brain pickers - go away. Sincere people are most welcomed. We are very nice people and will go out of our way to serve you. We do not want to deal with leeches who waste our time (you know who you are). When and if you make an investment in us we will make an investment in you. It's that's simple.