New Predator Break Cue is out

JoeyA

Efren's Mini-Tourn BACKER
Silver Member
Practicing your break with a BreakRak will increase your profiency at a faster rate than racking and breaking a traditional rack of balls.

JoeyA

Most players think Practice is a fate worse than death, cause lots of folks refuse to practice & really won't practice the first shot in every game.

Even a 4 speed, with a good break can give you trouble. We used to have a Tournament in Coffeyville, KS. There were two big ol' country boys that could break up a 9 ball rack & send balls into pockets, like I've never seen. They were 4 Speeds, so when they were on, it was hard to beat them. But this is a situation of itself.

Imagine Van Boening, Skyler, Bustamante or Shaw with a questionable break shot. You might not of ever heard of them.

Results from good practice is REAL...

JoeyA

Silver Member
I too am interested in the BK-RUSH Predator break cue. Yes, it is rather pricey. My break has improved slightly due to increase practice of the break but I have noticed that the custom REVO playing shaft that I use has given me the ability to draw the cue ball better.

It is also my belief that the low cue ball deflection feature with the REVO shaft is not as valuable when breaking but I stand to be corrected on that.

I'm debating about getting rid of my BK2 which had a Sports Grip on it. Now the Sports Grip has been removed and have toyed with the idea of making it whole again. Maybe I should just sell it as is and let someone else put the grip of their choice on it.

I don't know if the BK-RUSH is any better than the BK2 so maybe I should wait until someone else purchases one and I can try it out for myself to see if it fits my style of breaking.

My break speeds are slow; 19-21 mph. I doubt that my speed will increase but I think the stiffness of the REVO shaft is a great thing. We'll see.

JoeyA

Practicing your break with a BreakRak will increase your profiency at a faster rate than racking and breaking a traditional rack of balls.

JoeyA

ceebee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
In the Break Shot arena, we have 2-3 goals to meet.

The 1st is accuracy. Off-hits play havoc with that goal.

The 2nd is speed. Warning; an off-hit cue ball will add to the throw (squirt) of a hard hit cue ball .

The 3rd is Cue Ball control. Off-hits play havoc with that, too.

I've found that stiff shafts provide the necessary spine, to hit the cue ball hard, but can also add to throw (squirt) , in off hits. But, so do normal spine shafts.

LD Shafts are in a world by themselves. If they have any flex, the shaft can buckle ever so slightly, losing compression in the stroke, thereby losing power,. They may help in accuracy, when cueing the Cue Ball with side spin.

We are making a "Throw (SQUIRT) Measuring Machine, to see with High Speed Video, just what actually happens" in this arena.

Without "accuracy of hit on the cue ball & object ball" your goals are out the window, but then everyone knows that.

Last edited:

Johnnyt

Burn all jump cues
Silver Member
The walls of every poolroom has many breakers on the wall for FREE. $700 for a break cue, what a hustle. Johnnyt

ceebee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The walls of every poolroom has many breakers on the wall for FREE. $700 for a break cue, what a hustle. Johnnyt

Well that's right nice of them to hang Break Cues all over the wall.

But, I PREFER my Break Cue, which has the right kind of tip & ferrule. Plus. my Break Cue is the right weight for me & it's balanced for my preferences. It has a different shaft taper, made to have a semi-stiff spine to overcome any might-be buckling.

My Cue was made for me by John Parker of Auerbach Custom Cues.

Attachments

• Brak proto butt J.jpg
    Brak proto butt J.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 455
Last edited:

poolhustler

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
We've come to a point in this world where if you have a negative opinion on something you are a "hater".
Which basically means you can't have an opinion.
Everything has to be kiss a** hunky dory or you're a hater.

I use a revo shaft but there's no way I'd get a break cue that has a shaft I can't readily buy.

A negative opinion is worthless... as are the majority of the "opinion's" here. What's the percentage of people on here bashing Predator that have actually used or tested the Rush? I would bet you it's almost zero. If same people tested or even hit with the cue I wouldn't say anything about a negative review, but talking out your ass is just that.......

Opinion's are like a**holes....

KMRUNOUT

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
In the Break Shot arena, we have 2-3 goals to meet.

The 1st is accuracy. Off-hits play havoc with that goal.

The 2nd is speed. Warning; an off-hit cue ball will add to the throw of a hard hit cue ball .

The 3rd is Cue Ball control. Off-hits play havoc with that, too.

I've found that stiff shafts provide the necessary spine, to hit the cue ball hard, but can also add to throw, in off hits. But, so do normal spine shafts.

LD Shafts are in a world by themselves. If they have any flex, the shaft can buckle ever so slightly, losing compression in the stroke, thereby losing power,. They may help in accuracy, when cueing the Cue Ball with side spin.

We are making a "Throw Measuring Machine, to see with High Speed Video, just what actually happens" in this arena.

Without "accuracy of hit on the cue ball & object ball" your goals are out the window, but then everyone knows that.

When you use the word throw, are you intending the term "squirt" or cue ball deflection? If so then I agree with most of what you say.

KMRUNOUT

KMRUNOUT

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

This finally explains why all the PGA tour golfers are using rental drivers from the course they are at. All those insanely researched high tech drivers that cost a ton must be the biggest hustle in America.

KMRUNOUT

pinkspider

Crap user name, I know.
Silver Member
I too am interested in the BK-RUSH Predator break cue. Yes, it is rather pricey. My break has improved slightly due to increase practice of the break but I have noticed that the custom REVO playing shaft that I use has given me the ability to draw the cue ball better.

It is also my belief that the low cue ball deflection feature with the REVO shaft is not as valuable when breaking but I stand to be corrected on that.

I'm debating about getting rid of my BK2 which had a Sports Grip on it. Now the Sports Grip has been removed and have toyed with the idea of making it whole again. Maybe I should just sell it as is and let someone else put the grip of their choice on it.

I don't know if the BK-RUSH is any better than the BK2 so maybe I should wait until someone else purchases one and I can try it out for myself to see if it fits my style of breaking.

My break speeds are slow; 19-21 mph. I doubt that my speed will increase but I think the stiffness of the REVO shaft is a great thing. We'll see.

JoeyA

Actually, its very low deflection is its biggest differentiating factor. a lot of break cues can deliver power

Last edited:

gregnice37

Bar Banger, Cue Collector
Silver Member
I should have mine on Thursday. Cant wait to try it out at league thursday night. Might hve to be a little late waiting on UPS to deliver it.

Kimmo H.

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
^ Nice, please chime in on how you like it after the league night.
Especially interested on how it feels and sounds when breaking hard :smile:

trob

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
A negative opinion is worthless... as are the majority of the "opinion's" here. What's the percentage of people on here bashing Predator that have actually used or tested the Rush? I would bet you it's almost zero. If same people tested or even hit with the cue I wouldn't say anything about a negative review, but talking out your ass is just that.......

Opinion's are like a**holes....

Exactly what I’ve been saying for years. If you actually used one and disliked it that’s fine. Say you don’t and say why. I use predator but certainly don’t like the way all thier products play or feel. It’s the people who haven’t even seen one let alone used one that feel the need to give a negative review that our the idiots who just feel the need to hate anything new or different. lol

ceebee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Actually there are 4 or 5 Breaks that Joe Tucker has mapped out for 8-Ball & 9-Ball that use English.
They are shown in my book, The GREAT Break Shot & his book, Racking Secrets.

JoeyA

Silver Member
Yeah, LOL I do use English on the second ball break in 8 ball.
Thanks for reminding me Charlie.

I suppose you could use English on the Cut break in 9 ball....

Thanks,

JoeyA

Actually there are 4 or 5 Breaks that Joe Tucker has mapped out for 8-Ball & 9-Ball that use English.
They are shown in my book, The GREAT Break Shot & his book, Racking Secrets.

JoeyA

Silver Member
:embarrassed2: Now that Charlie has straightened me out about the Break Shot.

The low deflection properties are probably more valuable when playing one pocket or straight pool.

I guess I don't value cue ball deflection much on rotational games.

Thanks,
JoeyA

Actually, its very low deflection is its biggest differentiating factor. a lot of break cues can deliver power

poolhustler

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I ordered a wrapless BK Rush this morning so I can try it out. Will report back on how it hits.....