same deal tho
there are different ways to get therer
but at the end of the day, it's on us as individuals
to choose which way we go

Sent you a greenie

Buzzard II

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Evergruven, my point in skiing the trees is to look where you want to go.

DCP said on a prior page, "I don't believe the cue goes where your eyes go" He also said "I don't believe my motorcycle is going into the ditch if I look over into the ditch"

I would suggest that Mr. DCP take the California Superbike School. They specialize in teaching cornering. He is very wrong on his version of how to ride a motorcycle. Fifty years ago I raced. Equipment has changed, physics, not so much. You go where the eyes go. At 80 mph those eyes damn well better be focused a long way down the track.

I've taken lessons from both Scott and Randyg. Yeah I believe in SPF. But last time I was with Randy he groused about my eye pattern. I spent the next three days doing whatever drills but really focusing on my eye pattern. When I got home I concentrated on the eyes for the next month. It was a huge jump. A lazer focus on the OB and the CB follows.

Somehow searching for an instructor that says, yeah your right, look at the CB, ditch or trees is going to be much help. Blowing a pool shot no big deal. Eating an oak tree is a BFD.

FranCrimi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This thread was from 2012. It's 8 years old.

This person revived it, clearly knowing it's age: DrCue'sProtege.

To everyone else --- read the dates when responding to threads.

DrCue'sProtege

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This thread was from 2012. It's 8 years old. So?

This person revived it, clearly knowing it's age: DrCue'sProtege. Correct

To everyone else --- read the dates when responding to threads. What difference does age make?

Some more good info came out of reviving this thread. And it wasnt me that started the attacks. It was the same person that recently has attacked me, genmachino, and of all people Mike Sigel. He said Mike Sigel doesnt have a clue and his video is worthless.

r/DCP

Allen Brown

Pool Whale
Silver Member
Some more good info came out of reviving this thread. And it wasnt me that started the attacks. It was the same person that recently has attacked me, genmachino, and of all people Mike Sigel. He said Mike Sigel doesnt have a clue and his video is worthless.

r/DCP

You’re a drama queen. Grow up.

bbb

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
ME?????????????

As Joe Friday would say....."check the facts, maam"

well check the facts
how often do you whine about 2 inches too short
what tables brakes better
etc
etc
etc
PRACTICE AND FIND A COACH YOU TRUST
i am always ambivilent responding to your threads because even helpful advice you ignore
its like why should i waste my time
i am sure you wish i didnt respond to your threads because usually its not what you want to hear
jmho
icbw
however
you did say there was a SMALL part of truth in one of my comments so
there could be help for you

Last edited:

evergruven

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Evergruven, my point in skiing the trees is to look where you want to go.

DCP said on a prior page, "I don't believe the cue goes where your eyes go" He also said "I don't believe my motorcycle is going into the ditch if I look over into the ditch"

I would suggest that Mr. DCP take the California Superbike School. They specialize in teaching cornering. He is very wrong on his version of how to ride a motorcycle. Fifty years ago I raced. Equipment has changed, physics, not so much. You go where the eyes go. At 80 mph those eyes damn well better be focused a long way down the track.

I've taken lessons from both Scott and Randyg. Yeah I believe in SPF. But last time I was with Randy he groused about my eye pattern. I spent the next three days doing whatever drills but really focusing on my eye pattern. When I got home I concentrated on the eyes for the next month. It was a huge jump. A lazer focus on the OB and the CB follows.

Somehow searching for an instructor that says, yeah your right, look at the CB, ditch or trees is going to be much help. Blowing a pool shot no big deal. Eating an oak tree is a BFD.

thanks buzz
please correct me if I'm wrong
you're saying the cb is the trees?
and looking at the ob last is smooth sailing?

bbb

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
thanks buzz
please correct me if I'm wrong
you're saying the cb is the trees?
and looking at the ob last is smooth sailing?

I am not buzz but I would say the answer is yes
In most situations

Buzzard II

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Evergruven, yeah that's sort of my point. CB equals trees. What got me to post was DCP's statement about motorcycle riding. Missing a 8 ball is nothing more than a game. Missing a turn on a bike or ski's can kill you. When going into a turn on a bike you have to be looking through the turn to where you want to go, same thing on skis. DCP does not want to follow the advice of some pretty damn well respected instructors.

That's OK, it only hurts your game. The facts are most single vehicle accidents involving a MC are caused be riders going in to hot. Instead of countersteering harder and making it through the rider has target fixation on the ditch, tree whatever and crashes.

Strangely enough this also can apply to pool. Let's say you have a simple straight in shot to the corner pocket. But there, right next to the intended path is another ball. Target fixation comes into play and instead of making the ball, you hit the annoying distraction on the way.

BTW all of this is wasted on DCP because he knows better.

DrCue'sProtege

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Evergruven, yeah that's sort of my point. CB equals trees. What got me to post was DCP's statement about motorcycle riding. Missing a 8 ball is nothing more than a game. Missing a turn on a bike or ski's can kill you. When going into a turn on a bike you have to be looking through the turn to where you want to go, same thing on skis. DCP does not want to follow the advice of some pretty damn well respected instructors.

That's OK, it only hurts your game. The facts are most single vehicle accidents involving a MC are caused be riders going in to hot. Instead of countersteering harder and making it through the rider has target fixation on the ditch, tree whatever and crashes.

Strangely enough this also can apply to pool. Let's say you have a simple straight in shot to the corner pocket. But there, right next to the intended path is another ball. Target fixation comes into play and instead of making the ball, you hit the annoying distraction on the way.

Oh holy geez, some posters on here are simply UNREAL! This almost doesnt deserve a comment but here goes.

OF COURSE IF YOU GO INTO A TURN YOU HAVE TO HAVE YOUR EYES FOCUSED ON THAT TURN AND WHERE YOU WANT TO GO! DUH!!!!!!!!!

I was told if you are riding your motorcycle down the road and look over into the ditch that the motorcycle is going to go into the ditch. I assumed that meant that i was on a long straight-a-way and had no curves in front of me. In which case my motorcycle would continue to go straight down the road.

Posters are twisting things around and putting their own spin on things. But its typical of AZB nowadays.

r/DCP

Buzzard II

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The Blue Ridge Parkway, because of traffic load should be one of the safest roads you could ride. It's not. Riders look at the scenery and whoops, off the road they go. Yes even on the straight sections. But I digress.

If a 500 pound MC goes where you look, which you admit in a turn, why, given a proper stroke, would a 6oz. cue ball be so different? I really don't care what you do. But you've asked very top instructors how to do things. That take the time and effort to give answers that most agree on, but then you argue with them. WTF?

Allen Brown

Pool Whale
Silver Member
If I ride up to Indiana can I play on your table, Dr. Cue? Or I can meet you half way and have a beer and play some cheap sets.

evergruven

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I am not buzz but I would say the answer is yes
In most situations

thanks guys-

Scott Lee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
There are literally thousands of students who have had the same positive experience as Allen...all over the country, and around the world. Yet you have the audacity to slam me by posting that you've received LOTS of PM's/emails denouncing my teaching. Post some up...prove what you say.

BTW, how's your 'bridge sales' going? Gotten any offers? :D :rolleyes:

Scott Lee
2019 PBIA Instructor of the Year
Director, SPF National Pool School Tour

Thats good to hear Allen.

By the way.......I have a bridge up there in Brooklyn and I am selling it at a real low price. Interested?

DrCue'sProtege

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yet you have the audacity to slam me by posting that you've received LOTS of PM's/emails denouncing my teaching. Post some up...prove what you say.

BTW, how's your 'bridge sales' going? Gotten any offers? :D :rolleyes:

Scott Lee

Never said Lots. But I did indeed receive some both before and after. But that was almost 13 years ago to the day. They are long gone, deleted.

No bridge offers yet.

Scott........do you still have your little dog or has it passed away? My 5 year old Dachshund now has the back/disc issue, IVDD. I am now trying my best to take care of her after she spent almost a month at the Vet.

r/DCP

Scott Lee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
that's too bad Mike, because I would like to see someone who actually took a lesson from me (other than you and a couple of others over the past 3 decades) have something negative to say about what or how I teach!

No, our Yorkie passed away not long after visiting you...2011. A month at the vet was a hefty bill I bet. We got another dog, and he lived 8 years, but passed away last December. No more dogs for awhile. Best of luck with your dog.

Scott Lee

Never said Lots. But I did indeed receive some both before and after. But that was almost 13 years ago to the day. They are long gone, deleted.

No bridge offers yet.

Scott........do you still have your little dog or has it passed away? My 5 year old Dachshund now has the back/disc issue, IVDD. I am now trying my best to take care of her after she spent almost a month at the Vet.

r/DCP