Guess Who??

subdude1974

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Saw this on the bay and thought it was interesting. Cue seems to be well made and very solid. I have looked it over and can't find any markings. Can't tell if the hoppe ring is ivory or not. With no ring work or points, it will probably be impossible to ID, but let's

Last edited:

ideologist

I don't never exaggerate
Silver Member
It looks like the tenon is off center. That doesn't help point it to "high end maker"

qbilder

slower than snails
Silver Member
Could be anybody. Every cue maker of any level has made a cue of similar design & similar quality in their early stages. I made several cues of less quality than that, and through the years have gotten better & better. If somebody stumbled across one of my first cues, there would be people who argue that it couldn't be one of mine because it's not as refined or on the same quality as my current stuff. At every stage, I did the best I was capable of & was proud of what I produced, even though now I look back at some early cues & wonder why I ever let them out of my shop. We all get better with time & experience, which means we all have some rather basic, less than top notch cues.

I'm taking nothing away from this cue. It looks to be made fairly well and no doubt it hits & plays just fine. There are several clues that it's made early in a cue maker's career, but it's still a neat cue. Nice wenge front & butt with goncalo handle, so it should hit nice. You may never find out who made it.

Careyp74

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Did you ask the seller if he knows who made it? I would say that about 45% of the listings that I see where the maker isn't named, and I ask who it was, they know and tell me. For some reason many eBay sellers don't think that it is important.

subdude1974

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
He doesn't know. I looked it over and find no markings or clues. I doubt I will find out. With the pics that I saw, originally thought it was Ebony front and rear. Never thought the cue was a high end cue. Just something that caught my eye. Just decided I wanted to try and figure out who made it. Oh well, I will look at it closer and see if I can find anything that may help.

ideologist

I don't never exaggerate
Silver Member
Post pictures of the shift pilot and ferrule.

I like the woods, it's probably a fine player.

ChrisOnline

4 8 15 16 23 42
Silver Member
everything about that cue just screams joss L'americano cue ... except the bumper having the screw hole in it.. and i never seen one with a hoppe ring..

but everything else.. especially the joint and it being wrapless and the buttcap and the complete look of it makes me go that direction...

please post pics of the shaft...

here is some pics of the one i had and sold..
5CD9C612-EDBF-4508-941C-BFB9EA04C291-12862-00000777FE37D1BB.jpg

75C79E38-B954-4058-AE21-68802549145C-12862-00000778159A5D56.jpg

FE0E7821-6485-459C-8ABA-626C2FB8D6C0-12862-000007780F86BAF3.jpg

subdude1974

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Post pictures of the shift pilot and ferrule.

I like the woods, it's probably a fine player.
Won't do any good. I don't believe it is the original shaft as it doesn't fit it perfectly. It is very solid. My first thought at first sight was maybe a Joss. Funny thing is I had a shaft that would have fit it perfect but sold it. Oh well.