Quick Change Tool Posts - Steel Construction - Interest?

I am in the process of making steel tool post similar to the A2Z tool post. These are 4-5 weeks out at least. Before I start making them, I would like to probe for interest. Also, would anyone be interested in doing a preorder? I would only be making a few to start. These will accept the A2z tool holders as well as mine. I will be developing new holders as well for specific jobs.

Cost would run about $120.00. These would be steel construction for all the main parts. The wedge blocks would be of aluminum. They will fit the hightower lathe and can easily be adapted to other lathes as well. If you own an A2z tool post, you can easily compare in size. These will be roughly 1/4" taller than the A2z. The stud in the center of the post will be larger to prevent twist.

toolpost-1.jpg

Final Product from the Machininst

DSCN0753.jpg

Last edited:

Dave38

theemperorhasnoclotheson
Silver Member
Would the $120 be for a complete set, or just the post? I already have plenty of holders right now and would be interested in just the post.
Dave

cuejo

Cue Repair tech
Silver Member
Would it come with the locking mech too? Still a few weeks away?

I mean the stud and handle..............
Interested in a toolpost and 3 or 4 holders to fit a deluxe hightower
Darcy

Last edited:

JerseyBill

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
post and holders

I am in the process of making steel tool post similar to the A2Z tool post. These are 4-5 weeks out at least. Before I start making them, I would like to probe for interest. Also, would anyone be interested in doing a preorder? I would only be making a few to start. These will accept the A2z tool holders as well as mine. I will be developing new holders as well for specific jobs.

Cost would run about $120.00. These would be steel construction for all the main parts. The wedge blocks would be of aluminum. They will fit the hightower lathe and can easily be adapted to other lathes as well. If you own an A2z tool post, you can easily compare in size. These will be roughly 1/4" taller than the A2z. The stud in the center of the post will be larger to prevent twist.

toolpost-1.jpg

I am interested in holders, for hightower and 1440 jet metal lathe.
specific jobs.

cuejo

Cue Repair tech
Silver Member
Definately interested in the toolpost and some holders..............

Eric Wynne

Banned
I bought the steel set from Little Machine Shop for my Porper , and have the aluminum for my Deluxe . Interested in the steel for sure ...:cool:;)

Would it come with the locking mech too? Still a few weeks away?

I mean the stud and handle..............
Interested in a toolpost and 3 or 4 holders to fit a deluxe hightower
Darcy

I missed this question before.

These will have a large flange nut to clamp the post but a lever on top will be available for an additional fee. The post will be sold as a ready to use unit.

olsonsview

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Clarification needed

I would like to know the price of a complete toolpost with any hardware needed to fit a Hightower Deluxe lathe carriage, as a simple bolt-on installation, and ready to use. Will you offer a package price with a cutoff blade holder and maybe two or three regular tool holders?
If I need to make my own mounting plate or do machining to make it work, I would like to know in advance. Thanks for your patience.

Blue Hog ridr

World Famous Fisherman.
Silver Member
I thought that the lever would be necessary to clamp the tool holder on.
As in, I hope the unit would be complete when you get it.
Maybe you could explain it but either way, I am pretty sure I'm in for one.
You seem to do decent work and am always looking for ways to improve and add on the the Deluxe.

Last edited:

cuejo

Cue Repair tech
Silver Member
I too would want a complete set up, tool post with everything needed to bolt on to the deluxe cuesmith with the lever as well as 3 holders and a cut off tool and holder.........
What kind of time frame are you looking at?

I thought that the lever would be necessary to clamp the tool holder on.
As in, I hope the unit would be complete when you get it.
Maybe you could explain it but either way, I am pretty sure I'm in for one.
You seem to do decent work and am always looking for ways to improve and add on the the Deluxe.

I'm sorry. I am confusing everyone :shakehead: The lever to clamp your holder will be in the kit, no worries! A lever on top for easy removal and turning is what I am talking about that will be available for an additional charge. The kit will come with a 5/16 flange bolt to hold the post to your cross slide

You can see the ratcheting lever on top of my A2Z tool post currently. It is very handy on my repair lathe because I am constantly turning it every which way for different tools and to remove the tool post itself on the fly.

DSC00932.jpg

toolpostflange.jpg

I am working hard on getting these and the accessories for them ready. I am gathering materials and such for making more tool holders and blade holders. I will have 3/8" Boring bar holders available soon as well but those will come after I get everything else sorted out.

The post should be available by the end of next week.

The post is going to mount to a hightower deluxe lathe with 2 10-32 screws. No modifications needed.

Last edited:

cuejo

Cue Repair tech
Silver Member
So how are the post's coming?
Still look like the end of the week?
Darcy

So how are the post's coming?
Still look like the end of the week?
Darcy

Possibly the end of this week or some time next week. Waiting on some precision ground parts so I can do some milling.

will it fit a lathe from Todd Shultz (tsp&b)

The tool post will fit any lathe that is based off of the Taig. So Hightower, Todd Shultz, Brianna, Tony Gotti, etc. It can be adapted to other small lathes such as the Imported 7x10 and 7x12. I will only be selling the parts to fit it to a taig style right now.

cuejo

Cue Repair tech
Silver Member
I'm just posting to get the notifications.........still figuring out the settings for the forum :)

billl67

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
quick change tool-post

I could use a complete set-up. Please pm me when available.
THANKS
BILLL67