Feedback on 3 cues I am building

DavesCueRepair

Just Custom Creations
Silver Member
Although these 3 cues are will stay at $300.00 each. How much do you guys think I should charge for the cues, That will be following these 3 cues. Thanks Dave

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

Last edited:

jaydog468

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Although these 3 cues are will stay at $300.00 each. How much do you guys think I should charge for the cues, That will be following these 3 cues. Thanks Dave

Dave only you can set the price on your cues. If your happy at $300 and they sale great. My price for a P/J with two shafts is $425 and I could care less if they sale or not. I would love to keep every cue I build.:grin:
your cues look great keep up the good work.

RDeca

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
For those cues, I would lean towards the butt cap. I think it would take away from the look of the cues anywhere else. JMO:scratchhead:

yea logo should always be on the but cap....i dont know why cuemakers try putting them anywhere else...

i like the fact that you carried the exact theme/colors to the but of the cue....

id like the cue better with standard points.
and im not sure i like the dymondwood joints , or diamond wood in a cue period....

i think joints on any cue should be Black or white implex, polished stainless Collar or fulll, or ivory, anything else seems overdone or tacky IMO
One thing you should always make sure of is that your work on the butt lines up with the forarm always or is centered with it..... and certain ringwork should be centered and also line up throughout the cue.

i like the design thou its simple yet different. if id change one thing about those cues it would be getting rid of the laminated dyed wood.
use things like osage or rosewood (great combo together by the way) or nickel rings stacked

but this is just my taste....your the cue maker. Do whatever you like.

Last edited:

West Point 1987

On the Hill, Out of Gas
Silver Member
Those are VERY interesting cues...I've never seen a cue's forearm spliced that way...with laminated forearms, I would have expected to see more of them, but this is the first for me. Opens up a lot of interesting design ideas. I agree, you could probably ask more for these for the work you're putting into them.

Jack Burton

Registered
They look pretty good, I hope they hit well. If they're a little different, so what. Most standard cue designs look strange to me.

Question: when you turn a piece down, do you get it close and let it sit a couple days to settle out before turning it to your spec, or do you turn it down in one day?

Last edited:

DavesCueRepair

Just Custom Creations
Silver Member
I let them set for a month before I turn them to the size I need. Thanks for the feedback I should have pics of them finished soon. Thanks Dave

DavesCueRepair

Just Custom Creations
Silver Member
They are just about done I just got out of the hospital having my kidney removed. Thanks dave

HollyWood

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks for Sharing- cue Maker!

take care of your health- the cues will sell themselves. God bless,mark