Would this Diamond table look good in my pool room?

Luxury

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
https://youtu.be/QyeAJH4CdZc

First of all I couldn't be more excited to get a Diamond table. The money is there and it is happening. There is finally a tournament in town using the table so I have to have one. I just decided today.

So here are some pictures of my pool room. Thoughts on whether this would be the best Diamond table for my room.

Can someone tell me exactly what specs for the finish are in this video? I'm scared of ordering the wrong color and not getting it right.

Feel free to post pics of your diamond tables in your room. I'd love more ideas.

12eac9100f3f111f1d41bf7f2f32ab84.jpg
fb55e0b408d2b835d598b6466a23d5fa.jpg
6ffb841d997ec0bcd0e51cf4a3ecb942.jpg
18b607c3604574200e9b87903aebd00f.jpg
bad9b991c00ae544bd4d3eade4dc392b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JoseV

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Forgive the ignorance, but are you using that bot to clean the table ? or at least teaching it how to play ?

arcstats

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I currently own a 9' Diamond Pro-Am, with the Simonis 860 championship blue cover, 4 1/2" pockets with the deep shelf. The shelf will make you a better player than the pocket size because ball speed becomes such a premium in avoiding rattling balls in the pocket. I am a big fan of the ball return versus drop pockets. I also recommend using the Diamond overhead lighting.

I recently found a package of small battery powered LED stick up lights at Costco (entire fixture about 21/2" in diameter) with a remote that allows for 4 different light percentages. I put one in the top of the ball well, and it really added a touch of class to the overall table appearance, plus made it very easy to retrieve a desired ball from the well. I then added several underneath the table that created a cool look as well.

Sorry for no picture, the table is located in a private social club about a mile from home. Bottom line is you cannot go wrong regardless of what Diamond product you land on.

gxman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That's a crazy expensive table, very very nice though.

I just went with a black pro-am. I'm waiting at 7 weeks.

Dan_B

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
You’re buying a tournament table?

If so, this is something that’s intriguing as to what/who the big matches were played on it.

As for as working out, fitting in this room; robots are going to be in charge soon, so, do
not waste any time in the trade out.

There was a time you’d need special permission for such a room of fun.

On the cloth, some call it felt; I’ve often wondered, a diamond exclusive, remember,
may still be, the Vox amps with the black/gold pinstripe diamond pattern speaker cloth,
outside of that, the norm most likely.

Texas Carom Club

9ball did to billiards what hiphop did to america
Silver Member
oh what a lovely idea

the bot vacumming the table, ive got to try that, as i do loathe vacumming my 10ft sogaard severl times a week

bwally

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
552e7f1ba303b43b2dc3b1f54bc49f29.jpg

Does the Paragon come without the logo? I would want the logo.

Our local pool hall has this table. Although it plays fantastic I constantly find myself bumping into the sharp corners of the table. Depending on where you hit it can hurt, alot.. :D

Luxury

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Forgive the ignorance, but are you using that bot to clean the table ? or at least teaching it how to play ?

The roomba bot does a great job vacuuming the table, even under the rails, however it did make that wired 1-9 combo easily.

Luxury

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Love the LED lights idea for the ball return if I go with the pro am.

Luxury

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That's a crazy expensive table, very very nice though.

I just went with a black pro-am. I'm waiting at 7 weeks.

The vasectomy has paid for itself many many times over. ;) will be a long, hard wait for our babies for sure.

Luxury

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You’re buying a tournament table?

If so, this is something that’s intriguing as to what/who the big matches were played on it.

As for as working out, fitting in this room; robots are going to be in charge soon, so, do

not waste any time in the trade out.

There was a time you’d need special permission for such a room of fun.

On the cloth, some call it felt; I’ve often wondered, a diamond exclusive, remember,

may still be, the Vox amps with the black/gold pinstripe diamond pattern speaker cloth,

outside of that, the norm most likely.

I'm not getting the exact table from the video. It's just the best video/photo I could find that really shows the contours of the table that I would be ordering.

Luxury

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Our local pool hall has this table. Although it plays fantastic I constantly find myself bumping into the sharp corners of the table. Depending on where you hit it can hurt, alot.. :D

Are you just busting my balls or are the sharp corners an actual deal breaker?

bwally

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Are you just busting my balls or are the sharp corners an actual deal breaker?

Well, if you're asking, if it were between the Pro Am and this table. I would take the pro am, and yes the sharp corners would be a deal breaker. If the Paragon was the only choice you will love it. It really plays great.

Luxury

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Well, if you're asking, if it were between the Pro Am and this table. I would take the pro am, and yes the sharp corners would be a deal breaker. If the Paragon was the only choice you will love it. It really plays great.

Good looking out. Does the Paragon you play on have any Diamond logos? If so, are they on the ends and the sides?

bwally

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Good looking out. Does the Paragon you play on have any Diamond logos? If so, are they on the ends and the sides?

No Diamond labels except for the blue on the end rail. It's exactly like the one in your picture.

arcstats

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
No Diamond labels except for the blue on the end rail. It's exactly like the one in your picture.

The Pro-Am I have is almost 10 years old and plays like new. It has the Diamond signature logo built into both ends of the table. The corners are also radius'd off on 45 degree angles. I never noticed those sharp corners on the Paragon. That has to be a real drawback in comparison to the Pro-Am. One foot slip and you're looking at your table for a month while holding an icebag in your crotch.

bwally

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The Pro-Am I have is almost 10 years old and plays like new. It has the Diamond signature logo built into both ends of the table. The corners are also radius'd off on 45 degree angles. I never noticed those sharp corners on the Paragon. That has to be a real drawback in comparison to the Pro-Am. One foot slip and you're looking at your table for a month while holding an icebag in your crotch.

I haven't had to put ice on my crotch yet (thank god) but I have had several bruises on my thighs to show for it.

Luxury

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I haven't had to put ice on my crotch yet (thank god) but I have had several bruises on my thighs to show for it.

Do a lot of other guys complain about the bruises? Are you maybe more laser focused on the balls on the table than the average guy?