Tips... Are we fooling Ourselves?

Franky4Eyes

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I use a med/hard tip.
Elkmaster squeezed hard as you can hand crank in a bench vice and leave for a week. Relieves the stress letting it sit and definitely won't mushroom thereafter.
They play amazing as anything and really are dirt cheap.
I've got it down to where I can press 3 at a time and
each tip ends up appx 77/78a; which I love.
Hits like a firm triangle and makes the nice sound I prefer.
If I didn't have this 50 pack of Elkmasters to get through,
I'd also just recommend using a Triangle tip.
I recently tried an Ultraskin Pro tip and it felt soft and firm at the same time depending on how firm a stroke I used. Compared to all the other high priced layered tips they're a top contender.

Texas Carom Club

9ball did to billiards what hiphop did to america
Silver Member
My take on layered tips is that with every "brand new layer" you get another layer of glue. I have experienced miss cues due to the glue layer. Look for the fly specks on the cue ball. That is glue from the tip.

all layered tips ive liked, not all single tips i have, some feel just mushy and not firm

but i agree i get those glue spots on the ball, hopefully i can find a good feeling triangle in the ones i just bought

Texas Carom Club

Silver Member
I just got my triangles in, 7 for 9 dollars

that priced right?
i dont know what they go for normally

Texas Carom Club

Silver Member
every seller on ebay was about that price i payed for that many
one guy even has them 5 bucks for one

KenRobbins

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
every seller on ebay was about that price i payed for that many
one guy even has them 5 bucks for one

I got them off a buddy of mine. I just looked them up and it doesn't look like you got ripped off. I'll have to ask him what the actual cost are for them.

Texas Carom Club

Silver Member
I got them off a buddy of mine. I just looked them up and it doesn't look like you got ripped off. I'll have to ask him what the actual cost are for them.

ok then thats all i needed to know

read all the time about how they cost 50 cents but no real idea

KenRobbins

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Even Joe B's site charges $22.50 for a box of his version.

I'd be worried I was getting fakes getting triangles that cheap.

Sent from my BLN-L24 using Tapatalk

That's what I'm thinking now. That maybe why I'm liking the hit of the Zan. I didn't realize there were fakes out there. I know my buddy wasn't trying to RIP me off, but I ended up just giving the rest of the box away to a family member. If they're fake, my uncle will probably just think it's his stroke. lol

Bobkitty

I said: "Here kitty, kitty". Got this frown.
Gold Member
Silver Member

The best I could find was 50 Triangles for about $28 and free shipping.

KenRobbins

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
How do you find out if they're fake? I doubt he went through the box of them. If I get several of them and take pictures of them, is that enough to see if they're fake?

jasonlaus

Rep for Smorg
Silver Member
Still love Le pros, but have been using Searings tips for a couple years now -- cant beat em.
Jason

gregcantrall

Center Ball
Silver Member
I just got my Triangles.

I got 7 for ....... around $11 with shipping.

Installed one and it's the real deal.

Jimbojim

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have had a lot of extremely hard triangle over the years. I love soft tips so maybe elk master is what I should stick with! (I currently play with zan plus soft)

BigBoof

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
How do you find out if they're fake? I doubt he went through the box of them. If I get several of them and take pictures of them, is that enough to see if they're fake?
I didn't mean to say yours were fake. Just that the fake ones were more expensive than yours. Fakes are out there, even for the elkmasters.

Sent from my BLN-L24 using Tapatalk

crawf

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm a big fan of single layered tips. Just seems to make sense to me. Multiple layered tips have X number of flat layers with glue in between, as you round the tip off to your liking, you will have a measurable amount of glue on the surface of your tip.

Love triangles, k-techs and Milkdud a friend if mine makes.

My locale cue maker is a fan of SIB Pros, so I tried one and am liking it as well.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk