Gold Crown IV Cloth Color

pk249

Registered
Just bought a Gold Crown IV and can’t decide what cloth color to opt for: tournament blue or green (similar to snooker table). Want it to look classic/old school; grateful for your views.

cycopath

Call me Banger.
Silver Member
My GCIV presently has green cloth, because I thought a pool table was supposed to be green.

After playing on tables covered with Simonis Tournament Blue cloth that’s the direction I’ll go when I recover mine. The table is so much brighter and the balls are easier to see.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

atlas333

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Tour Blue

To me it's really hard to beat Tournament Blue. I almost put Tan on my GCIII because I thought if would please my wife....I am so glad I ended up with the Blue
Paul

ChrisinNC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
To me it's really hard to beat Tournament Blue. I almost put Tan on my GCIII because I thought if would please my wife....I am so glad I ended up with the Blue
Paul
Simonis camel / tan is an excellent color to play on. I just didn’t like having to use tan chalk. Blue chalk marks don’t come off the tan cloth very easily, but they blend in and come off the blue or green Simonis just fine.

Icon of Sin

I can't fold, I need gold. I re-up and reload...
Silver Member
Old school, green
New school, blue

All the GCs and other tables in The Color of Money were that classic pale green color. When you say old school, I think of Chalkies in Color of Money.

GoldCrown

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I began on a white GC 2 with a gold cloth. Always loved it and put it on a GC4. It’s bright. It’s classic. Camel would look real good.

Hoser

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
When I close my eyes and visualize a GC, it's green. and my cue shaft is maple........... and the chalk is blue........ and while were at it... hey you damn kids, get off my lawn!!!

bignick31985

Life Long Learner
Silver Member
Gold Crown IV in matte black with chrome castings and feet and I'm going Tournament Blue.

I have no full size photos but will have some tomorrow after it's setup. I could post a rail shot though.

Attachments

• 21018_2.jpeg
    21018_2.jpeg
    77.7 KB · Views: 233

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Gold Crown IV in matte black with chrome castings and feet and I'm going Tournament Blue.

I have no full size photos but will have some tomorrow after it's setup. I could post a rail shot though.
I have same table and I am sticking with blue too.

ChrisinNC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I bet that table plays lightning fast the way you‘ve got it set up!

Last edited:

lawlist

Registered
From about 1987 to about 1995, just about everything I ever saw when playing pool in southern California was the tournament green color. Because that is the color I have spent the most time playing on, it is the same color I had installed on my home table a few months ago.

Last edited:

haystj

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Personally, I'd be less concerned with what others think.

I believe the important factor here is:

What color do you like?

HNTFSH

Birds, Bass & Bottoms
Silver Member
Did green on my Medalist in the 80's and blue on the GC1 I recently stood up. The blue is more beautiful than green. And it will ONLY...ever, be one or the other. :lol:

DrCue'sProtege

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Apple Green and Powder Blue for me.

Attachments

• GoldCrownIVAppleGreen.JPG
    GoldCrownIVAppleGreen.JPG
    89.5 KB · Views: 196
  • GoldCrownIVPowderBlue.JPG
    GoldCrownIVPowderBlue.JPG
    90.4 KB · Views: 195

DrCue'sProtege

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Here is a shot of various colors of cloth. Left to right its:
Standard Simonis Green
Apple Green
Tournament Blue
Chartreuse
On the table is English Green.

My #1 choice is Apple Green. Its a brighter shade of green and makes things so much easier to see than the two darker shades of green.

r/DCP

Attachments

• Simonis Apple Green.JPG
    Simonis Apple Green.JPG
    64 KB · Views: 179

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Here is a shot...

My #1 choice is Apple Green. Its a brighter shade of green and makes things so much easier to see than the two darker shades of green.

r/DCP

Why the apple green so bright, Dawg? Shit aint no good for long spells!
EachPoliticalAegeancat-mobile.mp4

Last edited:

ChrisinNC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Here is a shot of various colors of cloth. Left to right its:
Standard Simonis Green
Apple Green
Tournament Blue
Chartreuse
On the table is English Green.

r/DCP
Your photo of the swatches is not at all accurate for the Simonis green. Any Simonis green we’ve ever used looks much closer to your apple green swatch color. Perhaps the lighting you had it under was not very bright?

I’ll pass on the chartreuse and the powder blue, which appears to be a light blue/gray in the photo of your table. I did have it on one of our tables in here once. We might try the apple green next time we recover our tables here. Is that available from the Chicago based Iwan Simonis Inc distributor as a color they keep in stock, or a special order only? I’m not seeing it listed under any of their blends of cloth on their website?

Last edited: