Is There Some Hidden -or- Special Meaning To Your Unusual Az Name / Avatar?

Kickin' Chicken

Kick Shot Aficionado
Silver Member
I know that, for instance, Black-Balled, contracted that never-before-seen-in-this-hemisphere STD and, well, we all know how that turned out for him.

And then there's Maniac for whom we're all rooting that someday he'll be able to get back out of that facility and once again rejoin society, so . . .

this leads me to ask about all of the other members here who have names and/or avatars that may have some hidden -or- special meaning.

Mine is pretty straight-forward, I like to kick and work on it fairly often. And chicken rhymes with kickin'. It came about during a game at about 4 am at the SBE Valley Forge convention center, down in the pit.

My travel buddy, low-level pro player Mike "The Hammer" Jackson and I were sleep deprived and maybe not very beer deprived when he dubbed me Kickin' Chicken. And it stuck.

What about you? Unless it's obvious, what does your az name or avatar mean? Anything special -or- hidden?

best,
brian kc

Last edited:

measureman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I use Measureman because I've been in the floor covering business for over 30 years and I've measured thousands of houses and whatever for that long.
Also my currant avatar is my mighty Lucasi cue.
Pretty simple.

krupa

The Dream Operator
Silver Member
I played drums in high school and college. The first time I needed a username I was listening to the Benny Goodman Orchestra with Gene Krupa on drums.

-matthew

Chopdoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I use Measureman because I've been in the floor covering business for over 30 years and I've measured thousands of houses and whatever for that long.
Also my currant avatar is my mighty Lucasi cue.
Pretty simple.

That's "Mighty Lucasi Cue". You forgot to capitalize it. :smile:

Stay on your toes...I'm watching.

Chopdoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
OK. My name.

I've been building choppers since I was about 12. Started out on bicycles.

Fast forward to medical school. I was working on bikes to feed myself while going to school. One day as I arrived for class on my bike a couple of my friends held open the double doors and I rode right in. Totally unplanned, I was in the lobby of an auditorium classroom. I cracked the throttle (straight pipes) a couple times then parked the bike.

People started calling me the chopper doctor. It did't take long for it to evolve into Chopdoc.

Me in my med school days:

mechopper.jpg

CaptainHook

NOT Mike Sigel
Silver Member
When I joined the board, I searched to see if Mike Sigel was a member, I did not find him, and I have always been known for my safties, so I figured he would not mind if I used his old nickname Captain Hook, my nickname around Bakers and the Tampa pool scene in the mid to late 70's was "Cap", plus the fact this was around the time the IPT was staring up and Kevin Trudeau was calling Sigel "Mike the Mouth".

My Avatar is just a fun picture of a couple Hooters girls.

Last edited:

Dave Nelson

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I use Dave Nelson because that's my name. I don't post an avatar because I don't know how and don't think it worth the effort to find out. My oldest friends know me as The Admiral but that's a tale to old and boring to relate here.

Dave(The Admiral)Nelson

sfleinen

14.1 & One Pocket Addict
Gold Member
Silver Member
I played drums in high school and college. The first time I needed a username I was listening to the Benny Goodman Orchestra with Gene Krupa on drums.

-matthew

Matthew:

Interesting! The name "Gene Krupa" is a very special name for me, in that I grew up in Yonkers, NY (not too far from where Gene himself lived), and my dad was very good friends with Gene. Since my dad was with the Yonkers police at the time, he watched over Gene's place while he was out of town / on tour. They got to be really close -- so much so, that he told my dad that when he (my dad) finally has a son, that he (Gene) would be delighted to be his (my) personal drum instructor.

Sadly, Gene passed away from leukemia in 1973, and I never did get those drum lessons (I was too young at the time, and anyway Gene's health had declined in the years prior to his passing). However, 1.) I did meet him several times as a kid, and 2.) I do have some 78-rpm vinyl LPs signed by Gene, and I will treasure these the rest of my life!

When I make trips back to Yonkers, I always make a point to visit the street they now named after this one-of-a-kind talent, Gene Krupa Drive.

You brought back some good memories!
-Sean

billf59

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
my sons foot ball # from high school he served in the armed forces until 2010 made it home safe just a honer to him

measureman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
OK. My name.

Fast forward to medical school. I was working on bikes to feed myself while going to school. One day as I arrived for class on my bike a couple of my friends held open the double doors and I rode right in. Totally unplanned, I was in the lobby of an auditorium classroom. I cracked the throttle (straight pipes) a couple times then parked the bike.

People started calling me the chopper doctor. It did't take long for it to evolve into Chopdoc.

mechopper.jpg

I thought your specialty was amputations. :eek:

desertshark

Racks on racks on racks
Silver Member
OK. My name.

mechopper.jpg

Wow. Looks like you and I have more in common than just playing pool...

Cuebuddy

Mini cues
Silver Member
I would take my boys hunting with me when they were very young.
We would often hunt abandoned farms for Pheasants and Quail.
They would see a farm that was occupied and want to hunt it and I would say no, and tell them somebody lived there and they would ask whobody?

When E-mail came around I needed a account name and chose "Whobody"
and wouldn't you know it was taken by someone else. I then chose Cuebuddy.

Attachments

• 1151.jpg
    1151.jpg
    98.9 KB · Views: 897
Last edited:

sfleinen

14.1 & One Pocket Addict
Gold Member
Silver Member
Mine is simple -- it's my first initial + middle initial + last name (S F Leinen).

The only thing unusual about it, is that it's a reminder of username restrictions in certain computer operating systems back in the late 1980s (e.g. Digital Equipment's VAX/VMS, AT&T System V UNIX). That is, usernames had to be 8 characters or less and be purely alphanumeric (letters and numbers -- no unusual characters). Ah, the good ol' days! :p

As for my avatar pic, that's an actual mile-marker on Interstate 684 near where I live, that I snapped when I had to pull over to check out a noise from under my car (a tree branch that'd gotten lodged and was dragging underneath the car).

Obviously, it indicates one of my two favorite pool games.

-Sean

desertshark

Racks on racks on racks
Silver Member
My usual forum name on other sites is the name I have had for years.
I decided on here to lay low if you will.
I live in Arizona and originally joined here looking for pool halls and places to play in Arizona since I started playing again. I was considered a little sharky when I played years ago, so I just picked it back up again.
So DesertShark.
The avatar is Fast Eddie from the hustler. Always liked the pool playing movies and the shows too.

master_cueist

pick your poison
Silver Member
I get asked about mine quite often so I really like this thread. Mine actually came from an ex girlfriend who made an email address for me and made it master_cue_artist and when I created this I was really tired and didn't have much creativity going on at the moment so I just cut it down to master_cueist.

Shermanscs

Steve sherman
Silver Member
I wish I could say there was something special about mine. very uncreatively it is my last name + my full initials (steven craig sherman - shermanscs)

pooldawg8

My Pride and Joy
Gold Member
Silver Member
My best friend & I were out shooting a few racks one day while our wifes were X-mas shopping. He says to me after I played safe on him like 4 shots in a row, ''your a pooldogging bastard'' when I joined this site I thought the name sounded pretty good, just made some adjustments to it pooldawg8 & the #8 is because after Dale Earnhardt Sr passed away I started rooting for Dale Jr #8 As for my avatar, its a picture of my son who means the world to me. Great thread keep it going
Jeff