Product Ideas

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
I have a continuous supply of scrap leather. What sorts of neat pool doodads can you think of to make with it.

Burnishers.
Cue Holders.
Ball Markers.
Pocket Markers.
Key Chains.
Case Luggage Tags.

What else can you think of?

Six Shooter

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Tips.

Pool themed coasters for the folks who have their own cave and constantly have buddies come over and shoot. Coasters for placing drinks on providing that their is a thing as genuine hospitality.

chefjeff

If not now...
Silver Member
I have a continuous supply of scrap leather. What sorts of neat pool doodads can you think of to make with it.

Burnishers.
Cue Holders.
Ball Markers.
Pocket Markers.
Key Chains.
Case Luggage Tags.

If you have any shoe leather (> = to 5/32" thick and 4" x 3" or bigger), I'd be interested in having you supply me some for a particular pool tool that I'll not mention in this thread.

I'm serious. If you have a clicker press (I think you said you cut with a laser now?), I can get a dye(s) made for the exact shape I need. I was going to ask some casemakers about what they do with their scraps, etc.

Wanna do some business, maybe? How much to cut out the shape I need and ship it to me here? I'm probably better off getting it done locally, but....?

pm me, if interested. thanks.

Jeff Livingston

Last edited:

Tramp Steamer

One Pocket enthusiast.
Silver Member
A condom holder, kind of like a coin purse.
Put something catchy on it such as: "For Emergency Use Only", or "Better Safe, Not Sorry". :)

brechbt

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Custom bridge heads with tooling.
+1 on the bridge head idea. Especially if you came up with a way for one of these to attach securely and safely to a variety of shaft diameters, without the problem of thinner shafts sticking out several inches in front of the bridge.

Thebigtexan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Tips.

Pool themed coasters for the folks who have their own cave and constantly have buddies come over and shoot. Coasters for placing drinks on providing that their is a thing as genuine hospitality.

A second for the coaster idea, as well as the custom chalk holder.

Cornerman

Cue Author...Sometimes
Gold Member
Silver Member

Burnishers.
Cue Holders.
Ball Markers.
Pocket Markers.
Key Chains.
Case Luggage Tags.

Business Card Holders
Chalk Holders
Teller hats...

CreeDo

Fargo Rating 597
Silver Member
Pool-themed dog collars? ("I just dogged the 9 again..." and such)

I've heard some people gripe about the bridge scratching their stick,
some insert that protects the cue or helps elevate it beyond the usual bridge level?

A little plastic "ID window", like what you see in wallets, that a person can glue onto the case? Then they slip in something with their name underneath it. I'm thinking this either deters a thief, or it backfires and the case gets stolen anyway, but they tear it off and partially ruin the case.

For a little more, instead of a window they can get their name (or whatever else) directly burned into a patch of leather that can be purchased and glued/sewn on?

Some kind of portable scoring thing?

Does leather work as a mousepad?

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member

Burnishers.
Cue Holders.
Ball Markers.
Pocket Markers.
Key Chains.
Case Luggage Tags.

Micro-Leather-G-String.jpg

D_Lewis

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I like the idea of burnishers and custom address tags. If your shipping rate is reasonable, you could stamp them to the buyers request very cheaply and quickly. The Scotty Cameron Custom Shop makes a mint doing basic stampings when they refinish putters. For the time it would take to pay someone to custom stamp them, I think you could do very will with minimal costs.

cardiac kid

Super Senior Member
Silver Member
John,

After looking at your "Juba" butterfly case, are your scraps similar in size? Years ago when I was actually working for a living, my company represented a leather seating company from Norway. They used to make leather chairs out of the same sized scraps. The chairs were lower in price than a full hide chair but looked great! Perhaps there are similar manufacturers near you who might be interested in your by-products? In turn, they may have larger scraps that may be of interest to you!

Lyn

TATE

AzB Gold Mensch
Silver Member

Burnishers.
Cue Holders.
Ball Markers.
Pocket Markers.
Key Chains.
Case Luggage Tags.

Personalized engraved case name plates that have a thin velcro backing -so you can change them when the case is sold.