This cloth color is really good, what you think.

asbani

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
In past tournaments and most rooms have used classic green and I think it's really good for our game, snooker still uses green.

Then pool world moved to a tournament blue, very bright, almost like the 2 ball, I didn't like that change.

However I found a new color in a video that was mentioned in another thread, it caught my eyes that this cloth color look good with every ball, I could not find one issue, I don't know what color this is, maybe gray? or very light blue? I'm not sure.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RLxn7sHBRY0&t=305

Check it out, do you think all tournaments should be played on this? or can you find an issue with it? I believe all ball colors look very clear on this, I personally believe if we use this color in tournaments, it's for the best.

Lawnboy77

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Looks like Simonis Powder Blue. I’m not sure if that color is offered in 860HR. A bit more expensive than Tourny Blue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ChrisinNC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Unless I’m color blind, it looks like a light evergreen, but I don’t see it on the current Simonis color chart. It doesn’t do much for me, and I don’t think it’s bright enough to go over well for pro pool tournaments. I did like the old camel colored cloth they used to play with on the Camel pro tour back in the 1990s.

Lawnboy77

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Unless I’m color blind, it looks like a light evergreen, but I don’t see it on the current Simonis color chart.

I must be the one color blind. I still see light blue, almost slate blue. LOL

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

asbani

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Unless I’m color blind, it looks like a light evergreen, but I don’t see it on the current Simonis color chart. It doesn’t do much for me, and I don’t think it’s bright enough to go over well for pro pool tournaments. I did like the old camel colored cloth they used to play with on the Camel pro tour back in the 1990s.

It doesn't have to be bright, thats the point, with this color you can see all balls as bright instead of the cloth, and thats the positive side, balls look clear and bright, cloth is in the background.

The current tourny blue is very bright, it overpowers some balls color and it also hides the two and 10-ball, I don't know how it survived this long.

I believe we either have to go back to green, or choose the color I linked in the video, it is really good when you see all the balls clearly.

Oh and the Camel pro color hides the one ball, and the 9-ball, it wasn't that good.

Last edited:

Bavafongoul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Green cloth is still my favorite. It is what all pool halls used right thru the 1950’s..
In the 60’s, Brunswick started crayon colors in pool cloths & the faze caught on.
Despite the popularity of tournament blue, Simonis green is still rates as #1....IMO.

Geosnooker

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
In past tournaments and most rooms have used classic green and I think it's really good for our game, snooker still uses green.

Then pool world moved to a tournament blue, very bright, almost like the 2 ball, I didn't like that change.

However I found a new color in a video that was mentioned in another thread, it caught my eyes that this cloth color look good with every ball, I could not find one issue, I don't know what color this is, maybe gray? or very light blue? I'm not sure.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RLxn7sHBRY0&t=305

Check it out, do you think all tournaments should be played on this? or can you find an issue with it? I believe all ball colors look very clear on this, I personally believe if we use this color in tournaments, it's for the best.

‘Most pool rooms use blue.’ Actually no.

The vast majority are green. Blue may be used more in the USA.

All the pool rooms where I live have some shade of green for pool and tournament green for snooker cloth.

Personally I don’t care that much. Once I play for 5 minutes , I don’t think about the colour. I don’t have any issue distinguishing the balls. Green, blue, tan cloth is fine. Red might be an issue but don’t remember playing on red.

Anyone Here ever play on red?

Last edited:

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I believe that color is called crappy image.

Look how washed out the colors of the balls are... I would not suggest shopping a color based on anything you see through that lens.

HNTFSH

Birds, Bass & Bottoms
Silver Member
Guess I'm still too young at 59 for any colored balls disappearing into the cloth.

Korsakoff

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Photoshop is showing it in the green spectrum, with just slightly more green than blue. The lighting is not uniform; color varies quite a bit around the table. I took a screen capture of a non-overhead view and tested it. The overhead view is awful for color consistency.

In other words, you can't tell anything from this picture. Any picture shot without a grey card to set the white balance is useless.

Contact Simonis and get some samples.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Photoshop is showing it in the green spectrum, with just slightly more green than blue. The lighting is not uniform; color varies quite a bit around the table. I took a screen capture of a non-overhead view and tested it. The overhead view is awful for color consistency.

In other words, you can't tell anything from this picture. Any picture shot without a grey card to set the white balance is useless.

Contact Simonis and get some samples.

And ask it what color 860 it sells the most of, while youre on le horn.

poolhustler

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I believe that color is called crappy image.

Look how washed out the colors of the balls are... I would not suggest shopping a color based on anything you see through that lens.

Exactly what i was thinking!!! Looks like worn out old school green cloth to me.

ChrisinNC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Exactly what i was thinking!!! Looks like worn out old school green cloth to me.
Mali used to offer that color and called it evergreen. Mali is no longer in business and I’m not seeing that color as available for either Simonis or Championship - apparently not very popular.

heltok

Registered
Looks like that video has been shot at Bata Bar & Billiards in Berlin. You can contact the owners to get some info of which cloth and color they put on their tables.

asbani

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
And ask it what color 860 it sells the most of, while youre on le horn.

Forgive my ignorance but why do I ask for 860 specifically? is it the one that people usually go for?

I know a friend who told me never to go for 860 because it wears off rather quickly, I don't know his resources, but I am also clueless when it comes to table clothes.

Patrick Johnson

Fish of the Day
Silver Member
I like Tournament Blue - bright and good contrast with balls.

Have to be careful with the chalk, though - Masters standard blue chalk shows up more than you want on that cloth. Masters Sky Blue is better for it.

pj
chgo

TATE

AzB Gold Mensch
Silver Member
I like Tournament Blue - bright and good contrast with balls.

Have to be careful with the chalk, though - Masters standard blue chalk shows up more than you want on that cloth. Masters Sky Blue is better for it.

pj
chgo

I also like Tournament Blue the best. Don't know if you've tried Blue Diamond - it's great chalk and the color match is right on.

ChrisinNC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Forgive my ignorance but why do I ask for 860 specifically? is it the one that people usually go for?

I know a friend who told me never to go for 860 because it wears off rather quickly, I don't know his resources, but I am also clueless when it comes to table clothes.
860 HR is the gold standard