3-Cushion Open Match Qualifier Announced for SBE

rhatten

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Paul Frankel (Professor QBall) will be bring in Gabriel tables and will be holding a Nationals Qualifier. After these daily sessions are completed we will be holding an Open Tournament for all comers.

I'm guessing USBA members are not invited. If I have anything to say about it that's what it will be. Don't anticipate an argument from anybody on this rule.

Here's the preliminary details. More to follow.

YURA'S NOTHING BUT BILLIARDS PRESENTS

3-CUSHION OPEN TOURNAMENT

AT 2014 SUPER BILLIARDS EXPO

MARCH 13TH, 14TH AND 16TH

32 PLAYERS, RACE TO 5

SINGLE ELIMINATION

ENTRY FEE $20

PRIZE

1ST $500

2ND $250

3RD $100

PLAYERS MEETING AND DRAW AT 7PM

32 PLAYERS MAXIMUM, REGISTER EARLY AT SIGHT.

PROPER ATTIRE REQUIRED.

DETAILS WILL BE POSTED LATER.

3kushn

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Are there plagiarism rules here?:wink:

The Professor QBall tournament is an Invitational.

zensteve

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm guessing USBA members are not invited. If I have anything to say about it that's what it will be. Don't anticipate an argument from anybody on this rule.

Might you clafify the above statement? It seems ambiguous at best. Is this an inside joke?

3kushn

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm not setting the rules/requirements but these sessions are to promote the game to pool players who have either never played the game or have little access to a table. My discussions with Yura indicate we don't want someone like Hugo come in and rob the field. Or you for that matter.

Its true that with the 5 point format anybody could have some chance to beat Hugo or you or me on a given day and time, but we want to try to control this so the chances are as fair as possible.

What pool player would want to enter if we had a field of experienced players entered? I suspect only those that simply want to play some and don't mind the donation. I'd be shocked if we filled the field with that scenario.

zensteve

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Let me respond by saying that whatever Paul and/or Yura decides is fine with me. Anyone that helps promote the game of caroms is good with me. We have too many critics that do little to help promote the game. All I wanted was clarification which you have done. Thanks Tom.

3kushn

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Let me respond by saying that whatever Paul and/or Yura decides is fine with me. Anyone that helps promote the game of caroms is good with me. We have too many critics that do little to help promote the game. All I wanted was clarification which you have done. Thanks Tom.

I suppose I spoke too quickly on this matter. The tournaments are open to anybody. It will be too hard to police. Although I suggest, well maybe not. I know I won't be taking a spot when a newbie could have it and enjoy the experience.

I'm not sure of Pauls involvement in these matches other than supplying the tables. He's got a lot to do otherwise. But that's his choice.