Finally!!! Congratulations to BUSTA!

rmaran01

Registered
Django cops World Pool League title

Francisco "Django" Bustamante snapped a long title drought on the world pool stage by winning the World Pool League crown, nipping compatriot Alex Pagulayan, 8-7, in a thrilling all-Filipino showdown at the N.O.T. Building in Warsaw, Poland Sunday.

"Matagal ko ng hinintay ito," said Bustamante, moments after beating the reigning world 9-ball champion in their match that was close throughout.

It was indeed a big victory for the 40-year-old Bustamante, who has had a string of misfortunes this year after claiming the world no. 1 ranking.

Unlike in his previous campaigns, however, Bustamante, a mainstay of Puyat Sports, hung tough against Pagulayan in a nip-and-tuck affair to capture the crown worth $20,000.

On his way to the final of the event featuring the world’s top six players, Bustamante drew with Thomas Engert, 5-5, Saturday to assure himself of a spot in the semifinals.

Bustamante actually seized control early on in the tournament by showing up the elite field from the first day up to the semis where he settled for a draw with Engert after blowing a 4-2 lead in one stretch.

The other players in the fold were last year’s champion Rodney Morris of the US, Niels Feijen of Holland and Steve Davis of England.

CebuanoNiNoy

Pinoy D Player
Silver Member
Congratulations Django!

Congratulations Django!!!
Way to go...its a long drought indeed for him.

And i hope this would signal that he is back
in winning ways.

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
rmaran01 said:
Django cops World Pool League title

"Matagal ko ng hinintay ito," said Bustamante

Any relation to Lance Ito, the judge who presided over the OJ Simpson murder trial?

CebuanoNiNoy

Pinoy D Player
Silver Member
sjm said:
"Matagal ko nang hinihintay ito."
Any relation to Lance Ito, the judge who presided over the OJ Simpson murder trial?

Nice try sjm.
Anyway i know ur begging for translation. :D

sjm said:
"Matagal ko nang hinihintay ito."

It literally means.

"I waited very long for this one [win]."

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
CebuanoNiNoy said:
Nice try sjm.
Anyway i know ur begging for translation. :D

It literally means.

"I waited very long for this one [win]."

Thank you. Was wondering what that meant!