New Prewitt 5-fancy ring in Mexican Bocote!

jazznpool

Superior Cues--Unchalked!
Gold Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
352   0   0
Here's a highly-figured Mexican bocote EP 5 fancy ring cue (the only one made in bocote). It has flat-face ivory joint and ferrules, black pigskin wrap, and EP delrin joint protectors. The premium white maple shafts are 13mm with Moori medium tips. Weighs 19.2oz. with either shaft. $2,250.00

Martin

Attachments

• Boc2 (2).jpg
    Boc2 (2).jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 1,006
Last edited:

zeeder

Will queue for cues
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
That is some great looking bocote! I can only hope that my bocote Zylr looks as good. Good luck with the sale!!

classiccues

Don't hashtag your broke friends
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
75   0   0
How did the Bacote get to the US? Sneak in the back of a truck? Go underground? :)

JV (--gotta hate illegal.... wood that is.. :) j/k

jazznpool

Gold Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
352   0   0
Very nice. I like the 2 middle pieces the most. One looks like birdseye bocote which is so beautiful when turned.

Martin

I_Luv_This_Game said:
Check this out :D

Attachments

• Boc1 (2).jpg
    Boc1 (2).jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 1,001
Last edited:

jazznpool

Gold Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
352   0   0
Love your sense of humor Joe...we gotta keep things light around here if we can.

Martin

classiccues said:
How did the Bacote get to the US? Sneak in the back of a truck? Go underground? :)

JV (--gotta hate illegal.... wood that is.. :) j/k

jazznpool

Gold Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
352   0   0
Zeeder, rest assured Kerry will use a piece of bocote with nice figure. He's very knowledgeable about woods. Mr Z. has a strong supply of cue woods and loves to talk about woods and their suitability for a pool cue. You're in good hands.

I have a few Zylr's I have been patiently waiting on too. Maybe early next year.

Martin

zeeder said:
That is some great looking bocote! I can only hope that my bocote Zylr looks as good. Good luck with the sale!!

jazznpool

Gold Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
352   0   0
Yes, I believe most cues are cored. It is part of his formula to make consistently good playing cues. You play off the hard maple core, so to speak.

Martin

cueaddicts said:
Martin, does Eddie core his exotic noses? Just curious.

Sean

Last edited:

jazznpool

Gold Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
352   0   0
A bump for this beautifully figured Bocote Prewitt cue. Nicest selection of Prewitts anywhere at westerncue.com!

Martin

1pRoscoe

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
74   0   0
PoolSleuth said:
A Bump for Martin cause Roscoe is picking on him...
Goddammit, you nit... I am not... You obviously didn't READ!!!!

Love your 3 minute later - bump...

ridewiththewind

♥ Hippie Hustler ♥
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Martin, I have been hitting your site to admire the Prewitts almost daily now.:eek:
I am becoming more and more intrigued with his cues. I thought that maybe, at some point, I would maybe pick one up used, but may be unlikely, as I am just not seeing them on the secondary market!:cool:

They are all so beautiful, that it would be very difficult to choose...but yes, the bacote one is currently my fav, and within the right weight range for me as well...ahhhh, but to have disposable income *sigh*

Lisa

jazznpool

Gold Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
352   0   0
Hey Lisa, Thanks for dropping by the site and checking the cues out. Believe or not, I now have a really good camera but just learned how to use the thing well enough to take decent photos. Most of the photos at my site now need to be re-done...they're so lousy it's embarassing!

Anyway, Prewitt goes to great lengths to make a superbly crafted cue and I think it shows. He pays careful attention to detail and how the cues balance.
I'd be glad to talk about a Prewitt cue with you down the road. If I learn of any pre-owned Prewitt cues for sale locally at a decent price, I'll PM you. BTW, the bocote cue is Prewitt's wifes favorite too!

Martin

ridewiththewind said:
Martin, I have been hitting your site to admire the Prewitts almost daily now.:eek:
I am becoming more and more intrigued with his cues. I thought that maybe, at some point, I would maybe pick one up used, but may be unlikely, as I am just not seeing them on the secondary market!:cool:

They are all so beautiful, that it would be very difficult to choose...but yes, the bacote one is currently my fav, and within the right weight range for me as well...ahhhh, but to have disposable income *sigh*

Lisa

jazznpool

Gold Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
352   0   0
Bump...the 5 fancy ring EP cue is being phased out...with something different coming for 2007.

Attachments

• Boc3 (2).jpg
    Boc3 (2).jpg
    99.8 KB · Views: 335