shaft for Runde

cecain7

Registered
I'm considering buying a new shaft for a Runde cue. I've had no success in finding one for sale. I've thought about buying one of several available for other cues that use 5/16 x 14 piloted. However, I'm not positive that they will fit, hence my question here.

Will the aftermarket shafts in that size fit my Runde?

Thanks for your help.

Cain

I'm considering buying a new shaft for a Runde cue. I've had no success in finding one for sale. I've thought about buying one of several available for other cues that use 5/16 x 14 piloted. However, I'm not positive that they will fit, hence my question here.

Thanks for your help.

Cain
Probably so over the years I have found different schon shafts that didn't fit. A Joss shaft might screw on but the pilot may be too big.My cue was built in 1989.I don't know if I helped or not ask before u buy. Paul

Michael Webb

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Thanks for your help.

Cain
Theoretically they should fit. Most after market shafts use a brass insert that the head on is .500 or less o.d. tapped for a full size 5/16" and the insert usually sticks out no more than about .110.