Table conduct

Pangit

Banned
As far as I'm concerned there is never any excuse for drinking or smoking while near the table. I live in the PI, see it all the time. I went into my favorite "Joint" today and there was a big beer stain on one of the tables??? Does any employee have the gonads to tell a customer that isn't allowed? My adopted country. Sad to say but unless you are playing a real Pro... Common day Pinoy's "will make you remind them of decorum" ALL the time. "I don't own it, have a whack at it", seems to be the mentality??? It's an Asian thing, Koreans are notorious for laying their lite cigarettes on the rail while they play.

If I owned a pool hall, that crap would be out the door without time for an explanation.

I'm Asian, I"m not trying to condemn my own people. At some point you have raise the BS flag.

oldplayer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
there is really only one pool hall to play where i live. i play on one specific table, trying my best to care for it as the mgr of the place doesn't give a rat's a** about the tables. i vacuum from time to time, brush it every other day & clean it with a rag weekly. of course i can't be there every hour as this place will stay open as late as 6am on saturday and sunday mornings! imagine when i come in and there are beer stains on the table:angry:. not just spills, but a beer bottle bottom mark, and even the triangle outline of the rack! :angry: someone spilled beer on the side table, put the rack down in the pool of beer and of course racked the balls thereafter! :angry: duh!
as best i try, i can't keep it in good condition, but then, it is all i got. table manners? they have no clue. i think it has more to do with respect for others, or the lack thereof. :confused: thank you for the thread and allowing me to "vent"!

Vahony

Registered
Yup

I had this happen last night playing league. 3 guys and 5 girls come to the table next to us and the guy with the balls has a draft beer and just sits in on the table and start tossing balls. I was in a match at the time but not shooting so I went over to him and said that they don't like you to put your beer on the table like that. He moved it to the rail and I told him that it shouldn't be anywhere on the table, that's why they have the tables with chairs around them. I go back to my match. Next thing I see after I break and am changing cues is one of the guys with a cigarette in his mouth laying on the table to try to make a shot. Of course when he hits the cue ball the ashes fall on the table. They were just too young and dumb for me to say anything else.