Pool scene- VA, MD, D.C. area?

blah blah

Shoebat
I may be relocating in the next 4-6 months. Can anyone tell me what the pool scene is like in this area? Tournaments, action, 9ft tables?

bmeek

Registered
I sometimes travel out of town for work and get to see what the pool scene is like in other areas of the country and I always think to myself how lucky we are here in the DMV area. There are many good pool halls in this area, although getting to one in this traffic can be a PITA. Whetzel's Billiards, Breakers, First Break, Revolution Billiards (3 of them), Bank Shots, Hard Times Cafe are a few that come to mind off the top of my head. What area are you looking at?

blah blah

Shoebat
Ty for response! Took me a second, because DMV out here means Department of Motor Vehicles. 😆
Family in Annandale is inviting me to come stay and jump off from there. More family are deeper in va and some in md. I’ve visited once for two weeks but only got to see one little room in Annandale that supported itself on leagues. I Really don’t know the area.

bmeek

Registered
I forgot the Cue Club in Annandale, which has 9' GCs. Revolution in Fairfax is close by when it's not rush hour and also had 9' GCs. It might be hard to get a table quickly during some league nights and if you want action, there's plenty of fish in this area.

blah blah

Shoebat
I liked everything I saw on that visit- the square houses, the bricks, the ability to be somewhere totally different in a brief drive...

Sounds like a good pool community- thank you

one stroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I may be relocating in the next 4-6 months. Can anyone tell me what the pool scene is like in this area? Tournaments, action, 9ft tables?

If your a one pocket player , Revolution is where the action is mostly 11-5 weekdays Friday night and weekends and that's where Roys basement guys play a lot when in town , in fact James Arenas was there playing sets of 9 ball yesterday and Warren Kiamco was practicing 14-1 today , they do a tournament at hard times a walk away either Friday or Sat night ,, The best action by far anywhere all though bar box is brews n cues in glen burnie , there is a FB site you got action where players match all the time ,, also Bedrock Billiards in DC does a Sunday tourney that can have some strong players in it short ride for ya ..

Cory in DC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I forgot the Cue Club in Annandale, which has 9' GCs. Revolution in Fairfax is close by when it's not rush hour and also had 9' GCs. It might be hard to get a table quickly during some league nights and if you want action, there's plenty of fish in this area.

I think Hi-Cue (previously on Columbia Pike) moved to somewhere in Annandale as well. Haven't been there yet.

I rarely go outside the Beltway so when I do get out to play pool, I mostly go to Bedrock. Their Sunday tournament is good, but it's only once a month.