AzBilliards.com  
Register Blogs FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Products Talk > Talk To A Mechanic
Reload this Page Adding triangular frame support blocks to GC III?

Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
Adding triangular frame support blocks to GC III?
Old
  (#1)
olgoat
AzB Silver Member
olgoat has a reputation beyond reputeolgoat has a reputation beyond reputeolgoat has a reputation beyond reputeolgoat has a reputation beyond reputeolgoat has a reputation beyond reputeolgoat has a reputation beyond reputeolgoat has a reputation beyond reputeolgoat has a reputation beyond reputeolgoat has a reputation beyond reputeolgoat has a reputation beyond reputeolgoat has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

Adding triangular frame support blocks to GC III? - 04-04-2020, 01:06 PM

the GC III I have has the GC IV type frame where the long side frame sections don't extend the full length of the table. It does not have the angle irons added to better support the short head and tail frame pieces yet and I am considering that.

My question is, there are no triangular support blocks on the frame like the GC IV has on the side and end frame sections. Is this something that is a good idea to add?

I searched for reinforce Gold Crown III frame and didn't come up with anything.

Thanks and sorry for all the questions.

Old
  (#2)
garczar
AzB Silver Member
garczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond repute

04-09-2020, 06:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by olgoat View Post
the GC III I have has the GC IV type frame where the long side frame sections don't extend the full length of the table. It does not have the angle irons added to better support the short head and tail frame pieces yet and I am considering that.

My question is, there are no triangular support blocks on the frame like the GC IV has on the side and end frame sections. Is this something that is a good idea to add?

I searched for reinforce Gold Crown III frame and didn't come up with anything.

Thanks and sorry for all the questions.
You mean like these in the top pic: https://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=132657 Probably a good idea to have them. I thought the 3's had them from factory.

Old
  (#3)
jtompilot
AzB Silver Member
jtompilot has a reputation beyond reputejtompilot has a reputation beyond reputejtompilot has a reputation beyond reputejtompilot has a reputation beyond reputejtompilot has a reputation beyond reputejtompilot has a reputation beyond reputejtompilot has a reputation beyond reputejtompilot has a reputation beyond reputejtompilot has a reputation beyond reputejtompilot has a reputation beyond reputejtompilot has a reputation beyond repute

04-09-2020, 07:29 AM

I bought some aluminum angle to support my GC4, but there are the wooden triangle supports in that pic so Iím not completely convinced I really needed to add the aluminum supports. My table was 20 years old and wasnít sagging.

Old
  (#4)
Ron Padilla
AzB Silver Member
Ron Padilla has a reputation beyond reputeRon Padilla has a reputation beyond reputeRon Padilla has a reputation beyond reputeRon Padilla has a reputation beyond reputeRon Padilla has a reputation beyond reputeRon Padilla has a reputation beyond reputeRon Padilla has a reputation beyond reputeRon Padilla has a reputation beyond reputeRon Padilla has a reputation beyond reputeRon Padilla has a reputation beyond reputeRon Padilla has a reputation beyond repute

04-09-2020, 09:02 AM

The GC 1 didnít really need them however I added them any way
And you can see where they are along the end as well as the long board, I got the idea from a person whoís name should be stricken from my vocabulary

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old
  (#5)
Ron Padilla
AzB Silver Member
Ron Padilla has a reputation beyond reputeRon Padilla has a reputation beyond reputeRon Padilla has a reputation beyond reputeRon Padilla has a reputation beyond reputeRon Padilla has a reputation beyond reputeRon Padilla has a reputation beyond reputeRon Padilla has a reputation beyond reputeRon Padilla has a reputation beyond reputeRon Padilla has a reputation beyond reputeRon Padilla has a reputation beyond reputeRon Padilla has a reputation beyond repute

04-09-2020, 09:04 AM

Basically your adding a gusset underneath to help prevent the sag, it can be wood, metal, or what ever you choose to make it out of

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: