California: Pool hall and bars open next Friday

johnnysd

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Exciting but still many new cases for my liking to just jump back into pool halls. I am thinking it will be August or September before I will personally take the risk

Bavafongoul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
In the Central Valley of CA, there is still an upwards trend line for new cases.
It hasn’t flattened out yet, let alone started a downward direction. So reality is
regardless of pool halls getting the go ahead to open under social distancing
restrictions that include wearing a face mask at all times, there is no way I am
returning until the new infections have been steadily going down for at least 2 wks.

Heading back to play in my neck of the woods right away is just being stupid considering
the trend for new cases is on the incline rather than the continuous decline that’s needed.

David in FL

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
In the Central Valley of CA, there is still an upwards trend line for new cases.
It hasn’t flattened out yet, let alone started a downward direction. So reality is
regardless of pool halls getting the go ahead to open under social distancing
restrictions that include wearing a face mask at all times, there is no way I am
returning until the new infections have been steadily going down for at least 2 wks.

Heading back to play in my neck of the woods right away is just being stupid considering
the trend for new cases is on the incline rather than the continuous decline that’s needed.

As long as testing continues to increase, new cases are likely to as well.

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
Exciting but still many new cases for my liking to just jump back into pool halls. I am thinking it will be August or September before I will personally take the risk

Active Cases with people Sick, and Dieing? Or positive TESTS?

Yes there is a difference.

WGDave

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Looking forward to POV streaming the West Coast Swing series of pool tourneys!:groucho:

There has been no announcement for this tournament anywhere.

Highly doubt it will take place in its normal July slot, if at all.

Last year it did not happen, either.

California Billiards is still closed with no indication when it will reopen.

Bavafongoul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Well, the latest is that Fresno, Kings & Tulare Counties do not make the State’s guidelines for Phase II
Reopening due to a higher than 8% positive infection rate among new test patients. This could result in
extension of the current business restrictions thus delaying resumption of business by pool halls in these
affected counties. This was covered on my local 11 pm news so for some locales it’s still a little uncertain.