This is a deal on "99 Critical Shots"

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Well, that is just an OK price. Here it is on biblio.com for under $4 including shipping.

This is a classic book that should be in every pool player's library along with Byrne, Fels, Daly and Mosconi.

CropperCapture[598].png

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
I pointed out as it was New, Free Shipping, and last seller accepts offers.

I love this book, it is a lot of bang for buck, if you read, and practice.:smile:

ShootingArts

Smorg is giving St Peter the 7!
Gold Member
Silver Member
Now that you mention it ...

I did a little digging when I got my table and the one book I found not in storage was 99 shots. A lot of the shots are basic, some I didn't know. More importantly, the emphasis on focusing on the table and finding shots has had a lot of value.

At first look no shot, second look, maybe, third look, why not? I "steal" three or four balls a session keeping a run going. I really need to work through the book systematically but I have been lazy.

Ray, "Cool Cat" Martin still passes through here once in awhile the last I knew. I have been procrastinating about writing a "thank you" post to start a thread, hopefully this post will do!

Hu

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I pointed out as it was New, Free Shipping, and last seller accepts offers....
Sure, but the seller I pointed out is about half the price and has 21 copies available. Should be at least five orders from this thread.

straightline

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I bought the book in the 70s and while it was in contention to be my bible (and apologies to Ghost Ball) only the standard shots remain in my memory; ghost ball plants and caroms for instance. Mastering the book would've put me in debt from wrong chum if not plain selling out in tight situations.

rikdee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Well, that is just an OK price. Here it is on biblio.com for under $4 including shipping.

This is a classic book that should be in every pool player's library along with Byrne, Fels, Daly and Mosconi.

View attachment 552707

The first 18 pages of Daly's Billiard Book is just simply fascinating to read and worth the price of a copy. The nineteenth century billiard masters were beyond amazing at what they did with the equipment of their time.

ugotactionTX

I'm in dead rack!
Silver Member
I have a 1st Edition of Daly's Billiard Book that a friend gave me as a gift several years ago. Its one of my prized pool/billiard possessions.

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I have a 1st Edition of Daly's Billiard Book that a friend gave me as a gift several years ago. Its one of my prized pool/billiard possessions.
If you would like to dress it up a little and protect it, I can make a reproduction dust jacket. That's what I do for some of my copies. The first edition had this simpler one, with only the front and the spine printed:

Scan20200714_0003.jpg

Later editions had this fancier jacket:

Scan20200714_0001.jpg

Scan20200714_0002.jpg

Maurice Daly's book was reprinted by Dover in about 1970. Copies of that reprint are available for under $6 including shipping on biblio.com

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
Well I picked up a new copy of the 99 shots, for under a person asking, on e-bay, keep shooting offers, using at a buck a time. I felt I did will for a new copy.

I would rather have a new copy, then some dog eared book, only to find out it was marked up, highlighted, or scribble in. Or has missing pages.

99 Shot, is IMHO a great book to read, and retread, to get you brain think about shot making.

I am doing a little restoration on an old bicycle, sooner or later everything I need was found on e-bay. Amazing what people have, and decide they no longer need it.