Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Main Category > Main Forum
Reload this Page The Biggest reason Lower level players can't improve ????
Page 14 of 36 « First 4121314 151624 Last »

Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old
  (#196)
ChicagoRJ
EEEEEXCELLENT ;)

ChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

07-24-2020, 06:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8cree View Post
You have never been driving down the road next to a semi or bus and start reading the advertisements on the side, then noticed you were actually slowly but surely getting closer and closer to the next lane until you keep your eyes on the road and stay in your lane?

Why do you think you are told your whole life to keep your eyes on the prize, eye on the ball, eyes on the road? It's self explanatory really. Hopefully this helps clarify a few things for you.
Ahhh, might be just why they call it "hand-eye" coordination and why it's so crucial to some very tough sports. Folks with poor hand eye coordination usually don't play sports, or don't play them well

RUSSIAN Magic Chalk - "The Best Chalk of the World"

TZAR Tips now available.

"I have been playing pool for 60 years and started using Kamui about four years ago. I tried Magic Chalk several months ago and will use it from now on" - jrhendy - Noted Player and Gambler

Baltic BLUE & Chernobyl GREEN

Check us out in "For Sale" section on AZB

ChicagoRJ, the Minister of Truth and Magic Chalk. - WGDave

Thanks for the great input ChicagoRJ
Old
  (#197)
genomachino
AzB Silver Member
genomachino has a reputation beyond reputegenomachino has a reputation beyond reputegenomachino has a reputation beyond reputegenomachino has a reputation beyond reputegenomachino has a reputation beyond reputegenomachino has a reputation beyond reputegenomachino has a reputation beyond reputegenomachino has a reputation beyond reputegenomachino has a reputation beyond reputegenomachino has a reputation beyond reputegenomachino has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

Thanks for the great input ChicagoRJ - 07-24-2020, 12:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoRJ View Post
Who said it was ? What sport is easy to master? None that I can think of or we'd all be in the Olympics. Heck, change that to games, like Chess, or anything else, and its still hard. I have a better chance or winning the US Open that ever becoming a Grand Master chess player lol
Same with a pool shot. If we are not looking exactly at what we are trying to do it doesn't get done either.

Just because a player is looking at the cue ball and object ball doesn't mean that he has it right. Once a player sees with their own eyes what is really really right they can make huge leaps and bounds in their game.

Once I get done showing players how to really look at the shot they will never see a pool shot the same for the rest of their life.

Unless they drift back to old habits.

Thanks again....

Old
  (#198)
fiftyyardline
AzB Silver Member

fiftyyardline has a reputation beyond reputefiftyyardline has a reputation beyond reputefiftyyardline has a reputation beyond reputefiftyyardline has a reputation beyond reputefiftyyardline has a reputation beyond reputefiftyyardline has a reputation beyond reputefiftyyardline has a reputation beyond reputefiftyyardline has a reputation beyond reputefiftyyardline has a reputation beyond reputefiftyyardline has a reputation beyond reputefiftyyardline has a reputation beyond repute

07-24-2020, 02:04 PM

I just finished a very enjoyable Skype lesson with Gene primarily regarding his Perfect Aim program (mainly has to do with eye sighting), but also several other topics.

I believe Gene can help players of all levels, even advanced players, by analyzing and explaining how the dominant and non-dominant eyes sometimes work in tandem and help each other, but also sometimes fight each other and how we can use that knowledge to our advantage. He also shared several valuable ways to fine tune my aiming in several specific circumstances that frequently occur during play.

Given that Gene is a very advanced player, he is uniquely qualified to pass along a lot of helpful tips and techniques.

So I gained valuable knowledge in several areas. I have fairly solid fundamentals, so I don’t realistically expect any one thing to make a huge difference in my stroke or aim, but I do think that when all the individual bits of valuable information that Gene imparted is added together, it will enable me to make substantial improvements in my play.
Thanks Gene‼️

I

I

Old
  (#199)
DrCue'sProtege
AzB Silver Member
DrCue'sProtege has a reputation beyond reputeDrCue'sProtege has a reputation beyond reputeDrCue'sProtege has a reputation beyond reputeDrCue'sProtege has a reputation beyond reputeDrCue'sProtege has a reputation beyond reputeDrCue'sProtege has a reputation beyond reputeDrCue'sProtege has a reputation beyond reputeDrCue'sProtege has a reputation beyond reputeDrCue'sProtege has a reputation beyond reputeDrCue'sProtege has a reputation beyond reputeDrCue'sProtege has a reputation beyond repute

07-24-2020, 02:58 PM

[QUOTE=ChicagoRJ;6707032]How is that idiotic. You don't even know if it's true or not, Didnt i say that i used to ride motorcycles and know that comment is stupid???

You hands follow your eyes. Why do you think the best golfers look at the golf ball when swinging, they don't "sneak a peek" at where it's going. For the 10,000th time, you CANNOT compare other sports to pool! Its apples to oranges.

And yet, if you stare long enough at the pretty girl jogging while you are driving, you will start to "steer" in her direction. YOU WILL?????

Playing Cue: Chad Carter Custom - Bloodwood & Holly
Break Cue: Schon butt/Chad Carter shaft
Table: Gold Crown IV
Cloth: Simonis 860 Apple Green

Old
  (#200)
straightline
AzB Silver Member
straightline has a reputation beyond reputestraightline has a reputation beyond reputestraightline has a reputation beyond reputestraightline has a reputation beyond reputestraightline has a reputation beyond reputestraightline has a reputation beyond reputestraightline has a reputation beyond reputestraightline has a reputation beyond reputestraightline has a reputation beyond reputestraightline has a reputation beyond reputestraightline has a reputation beyond repute

07-24-2020, 07:47 PM

[QUOTE=DrCue'sProtege;6707622]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoRJ View Post
How is that idiotic. You don't even know if it's true or not, Didnt i say that i used to ride motorcycles and know that comment is stupid???

You hands follow your eyes. Why do you think the best golfers look at the golf ball when swinging, they don't "sneak a peek" at where it's going. For the 10,000th time, you CANNOT compare other sports to pool! Its apples to oranges.

And yet, if you stare long enough at the pretty girl jogging while you are driving, you will start to "steer" in her direction. YOU WILL?????
The customer is always right except in the seller's thread.

Old
  (#201)
ChicagoRJ
EEEEEXCELLENT ;)

ChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond repute

07-24-2020, 08:59 PM

[
There is a reason all sports use their eyes to get their hands in the right position. Actually, I can't think of any sports that don't. Thus, pool is just like other sports. Why don't you shoot while looking at the wall if your hands do NOT follow you eyes.

Yes, you will. Unless you are aware of the phenomenon. You've been doing it unconsciously since you were a toddler. The very act of learning to eat with a spoon used the same traits of eye-and coordination.

Visual tracking, Visual discrimination, Gross motor skills, Fine motor skills and Motor planning, all developed at an early age that you use riding a motorcycle and when shooting pool, whether you want to admit it or not matters not to me, it's just a fact, it's just science. I didn't invent it, it just is.I'm not taking credit for the amazing human body.

I teach baseball hitting and fielding, I teach shooting weapons and I'm a master billiard instructor, and it's not all the different when you teach. You need the concentration and ability to laser focus on your target, no matter if that target is a 9 ball, a catchers glove or rifle target 100 yards away

RUSSIAN Magic Chalk - "The Best Chalk of the World"

TZAR Tips now available.

"I have been playing pool for 60 years and started using Kamui about four years ago. I tried Magic Chalk several months ago and will use it from now on" - jrhendy - Noted Player and Gambler

Baltic BLUE & Chernobyl GREEN

Check us out in "For Sale" section on AZB

ChicagoRJ, the Minister of Truth and Magic Chalk. - WGDave

Last edited by ChicagoRJ; 07-25-2020 at 05:13 AM.

Thank you, you explained things perfectly...
Old
  (#202)
genomachino
AzB Silver Member
genomachino has a reputation beyond reputegenomachino has a reputation beyond reputegenomachino has a reputation beyond reputegenomachino has a reputation beyond reputegenomachino has a reputation beyond reputegenomachino has a reputation beyond reputegenomachino has a reputation beyond reputegenomachino has a reputation beyond reputegenomachino has a reputation beyond reputegenomachino has a reputation beyond reputegenomachino has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you, you explained things perfectly... - 07-27-2020, 11:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiftyyardline View Post
I just finished a very enjoyable Skype lesson with Gene primarily regarding his Perfect Aim program (mainly has to do with eye sighting), but also several other topics.

I believe Gene can help players of all levels, even advanced players, by analyzing and explaining how the dominant and non-dominant eyes sometimes work in tandem and help each other, but also sometimes fight each other and how we can use that knowledge to our advantage. He also shared several valuable ways to fine tune my aiming in several specific circumstances that frequently occur during play.

Given that Gene is a very advanced player, he is uniquely qualified to pass along a lot of helpful tips and techniques.

So I gained valuable knowledge in several areas. I have fairly solid fundamentals, so I don’t realistically expect any one thing to make a huge difference in my stroke or aim, but I do think that when all the individual bits of valuable information that Gene imparted is added together, it will enable me to make substantial improvements in my play.
Thanks Gene‼️

I

I
This is by far the best explanation ever about what this is and how it works.

Thank you and good luck with your game.

Old
  (#203)
Scott Lee
AzB Silver Member

Scott Lee has a reputation beyond reputeScott Lee has a reputation beyond reputeScott Lee has a reputation beyond reputeScott Lee has a reputation beyond reputeScott Lee has a reputation beyond reputeScott Lee has a reputation beyond reputeScott Lee has a reputation beyond reputeScott Lee has a reputation beyond reputeScott Lee has a reputation beyond reputeScott Lee has a reputation beyond reputeScott Lee has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 4100

07-28-2020, 06:49 AM

Mike...Your continued ignorance and stubbornness is just one of the reasons why you personally will never improve. You've been doing the same things for decades, and despite having received instruction from a number of teachers, you still are stalled at first base. The eyes lead everything we do in pool...and your hand follows your eyes. That's a simple fact that you will never acknowledge!

Scott Lee
2019 PBIA Instructor of the Year
Director, SPF National Pool School Tour

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrCue'sProtege View Post

One of the most idiotic things i have ever had an instructor tell me is that the cue goes where the eyes go. I was told if you are driving a motorcycle down the road and you look over into the ditch that the motorcycle is going to end up in that ditch.

Now that idiotic stuff is about, well, the most idiotic stuff i think i have ever heard. I've rode Honda's, Yamaha's, and had three Harley-Davidson motorcycles. My motorcycle would stay right down the middle of the road.

Do you believe in this statement, that the cue goes where the eyes go???

r/DCP

PBIA Master Instructor

Old
  (#204)
CocoboloCowboy
Cowboys are my heros.
CocoboloCowboy has a reputation beyond reputeCocoboloCowboy has a reputation beyond reputeCocoboloCowboy has a reputation beyond reputeCocoboloCowboy has a reputation beyond reputeCocoboloCowboy has a reputation beyond reputeCocoboloCowboy has a reputation beyond reputeCocoboloCowboy has a reputation beyond reputeCocoboloCowboy has a reputation beyond reputeCocoboloCowboy has a reputation beyond reputeCocoboloCowboy has a reputation beyond reputeCocoboloCowboy has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1538

07-28-2020, 06:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Lee View Post
Mike...Your continued ignorance and stubbornness is just one of the reasons why you personally will never improve. You've been doing the same things for decades, and despite having received instruction from a number of teachers, you still are stalled at first base. The eyes lead everything we do in pool...and your hand follows your eyes. That's a simple fact that you will never acknowledge!

Scott Lee
Well sooner or later people will remember tid bits of information to improve your Pool game, sometimes it take decades to sink in, other times the skull is like dry soil water will take long time, like water trying to penetrate sun baked soil a very long time.

“Pool is geometry, in its most challenging form, the science of precise angles, and forces" - Quote from: A Game of Pool, The Twilight Zone 1961 Television Show.

Old
  (#205)
DrCue'sProtege
AzB Silver Member
DrCue'sProtege has a reputation beyond reputeDrCue'sProtege has a reputation beyond reputeDrCue'sProtege has a reputation beyond reputeDrCue'sProtege has a reputation beyond reputeDrCue'sProtege has a reputation beyond reputeDrCue'sProtege has a reputation beyond reputeDrCue'sProtege has a reputation beyond reputeDrCue'sProtege has a reputation beyond reputeDrCue'sProtege has a reputation beyond reputeDrCue'sProtege has a reputation beyond reputeDrCue'sProtege has a reputation beyond repute

07-28-2020, 06:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Lee View Post
and your hand follows your eyes. That's a simple fact that you will never acknowledge!

Scott Lee
You cant be serious?????

r/DCP

Old
  (#206)
straightline
AzB Silver Member
straightline has a reputation beyond reputestraightline has a reputation beyond reputestraightline has a reputation beyond reputestraightline has a reputation beyond reputestraightline has a reputation beyond reputestraightline has a reputation beyond reputestraightline has a reputation beyond reputestraightline has a reputation beyond reputestraightline has a reputation beyond reputestraightline has a reputation beyond reputestraightline has a reputation beyond repute

07-28-2020, 08:06 PM

Quote:
You cant be serious?????

r/DCP
Marketing works by synthesizing and reconstituting actuality. A better question would be, "Can you hit any shot to within .5 degree every time?"

Old
  (#207)
lfigueroa
AzB Silver Member
lfigueroa has a reputation beyond reputelfigueroa has a reputation beyond reputelfigueroa has a reputation beyond reputelfigueroa has a reputation beyond reputelfigueroa has a reputation beyond reputelfigueroa has a reputation beyond reputelfigueroa has a reputation beyond reputelfigueroa has a reputation beyond reputelfigueroa has a reputation beyond reputelfigueroa has a reputation beyond reputelfigueroa has a reputation beyond repute

07-29-2020, 05:30 AM

I'm not sure I understand the "hands follow the eyes" thing.

I guess I'd like to hear a fuller explanation but with just the fortune cookie to go on I'd have to say it sounds kinda bogus.

Lou Figueroa

Old
  (#208)
DrCue'sProtege
AzB Silver Member

07-29-2020, 06:41 AM

Genomachino,

Your PM box is full. Need to clear some space.

r/DCP

all clear on the PM's
Old
  (#209)
genomachino
AzB Silver Member

all clear on the PM's - 07-29-2020, 05:14 PM

Quote:
Genomachino,

Your PM box is full. Need to clear some space.

r/DCP
Just got done with a lesson on skype. Got a $500 match friday night at Two Stooges, heading to the pool hall. Later...

Old
  (#210)
The_JV
Local_Pro
The_JV has a reputation beyond reputeThe_JV has a reputation beyond reputeThe_JV has a reputation beyond reputeThe_JV has a reputation beyond reputeThe_JV has a reputation beyond reputeThe_JV has a reputation beyond reputeThe_JV has a reputation beyond reputeThe_JV has a reputation beyond reputeThe_JV has a reputation beyond reputeThe_JV has a reputation beyond reputeThe_JV has a reputation beyond repute

07-29-2020, 06:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by genomachino View Post
Just got done with a lesson on skype.
Thanks again Gene. It was a pleasure...

For all the active readers of this thread that like me doubt the value learning about / compensating for eye dominance, here is my honest and unsolicited review of my time spent with Gene this evening.

Please note, that I would be considered by most as an advanced amateur player, so the focus of the lesson centered mostly on identifying and gauging my eye dominance. Adjusting my fundamentals was not a consideration at any point. I also never doubted the phenomenon of eye dominance.

First off, it should be known that Gene is a pleasure to deal with, and very forth coming with his approach. There is no snake oil being offered for sale.

He has his own approach to determining which eye is dominant and by how much it is effecting your aim. Gene verified what I already believed to be my dominant eye, and the amount of time it took to prove how it was effecting my aim, was mere moments.

My stance on how players can naturally correct for ED (lol...I realize what else that could stand for) has not changed. IMO any player who is truly attempting to excel at pool can and should be adjusting how they hit the OB to pocket it correctly. However speaking as someone who was away for the game for nearly a decade. What Gene showed me has renewed my confidence at playing this game at a high(er) level.

What I discover in my short time with Gene, is that my ED was actually creating confidence issues at key moments. Brief story shorter..: Cutting the ball one way,, everything is natural. Cutting it the other, the aim feels off and I end up adjusting by feel to pot the ball. Now I do make that adjusted shot more often than not. However when I'm playing at less than my best, having to correct after my approach instills doubt. This does have the potential to leach into the rest of my game while the pressure increases throughout a match/tourney. I'm known as a grinder, and I always do my best to play through this potential self doubt. This perceived "grinding" is honestly me just trying push the doubt out of my mind while down on the ball. To be clear, this ED revelation and it's likelyhood in improving my game is conjecture on my part as I obviously haven't had the opportunity to test my theory in the heat of battle during the last few hours. That said, I can speak objectively about my own game and tendencies in key moments. ...so I think I can speculate with some certainty.

I have absolutely zero doubt that my time with Gene this evening will improve my game. Will I make more balls...?...no, not directly. I do now however understand why I feel the need to adjust aim while down on the ball. This will translate into reset and re-approach rather than "on the fly correction" which is the bane to consistency, and will prevent me from second guessing myself in tough situations.

I should also state that the "correction" does not impact my fundamentals and/or PSR.

Strong players..., this is worth your time.

A simple game, played by difficult people...

Page 14 of 36 « First 4121314 151624 Last »

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: