Sad News: Gary "Bushwhacker" Nolan Passed Away

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Just got notification this morning from a Pennsylvania pool friends that Gary Nolan has passed away. I knew that he had been sick, but I did not have any further details.

Photo from 2005 Valley Forge SBE.

May he rest in peace.

Attachments

• 2005VF-GaryNolan.JPG
    2005VF-GaryNolan.JPG
    16.8 KB · Views: 1,394
Last edited:

Double-Dave

Developing cue-addict
Silver Member
Bought my very first custom cue from Gary.
He was a very nice person to do business with and from what I read on here a truly great player aswell.

RIP Gary

rjb1168

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Sorry to hear that, my son did a couple deals with Gary and I loved the stories of his pool playing ventures. R.I.P Bushwhacker!

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If anybody has access to the infamous Accu-Stats X-rated video commentated by Grady Mathews, et al., it is Keith v. Gary. It is an unusual video, to say the least. Fun times, though, back in the day.

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    71.5 KB · Views: 1,336

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Saw him play in early-mid '80's. They didn't call him "Bushwacker" for nothin. Dude could GET THE CASH. Became a "super dealer" of trick cues. This sucks as we lose another. RIP, Gary.

pooldawg8

My Pride and Joy
Gold Member
Silver Member
Chatted with & met Bushwhacker. RIP my friend

Last edited:

franko

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Sad

Very sad news he was well known among us Ohio cue collectors, a really nice guy and always dealing. RIP " Bushwhacker "

cuesblues

cue accumulator
Silver Member
Some awful news.
RIP Bushwhacker
He always had some of the nicest cues available of any seller on the board.
Definitely one of the best liked people on AZ Billiards, which is my only knowledge of him.
Always a class act.
Very sad news about Gary

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If anybody has access to the infamous Accu-Stats X-rated video commentated by Grady Mathews, et al., it is Keith v. Gary. It is an unusual video, to say the least. Fun times, though, back in the day.
Sands Regency. Grady cusses a LOT. Pretty funny. I've tried finding it with no luck so far.

DawgAndy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That is sad. He was a super solid guy. Had the first ivory handled cue I ever saw in person.

ibuycues

I Love Box Cues
Silver Member
Terrible, shocking news.
A thorough gentleman in every way.
I met with Gary and his wife on several occasions. A wonderful pair, very close,
his wife traveled with him to the major tournaments.
He loved the game, and could really play at a top level. Even in recent times and
with the advent of age he still played very well.
I first met Gary when I lived in Ohio, decades ago as he traveled across northern Ohio in action.
In those days, he won a lot as a road player. A true monster player.
In later years he got into buying and selling high end cues, and always had several best of the best on hand.
Damn, this is sickening. What a wonderful gentleman.
Prayers for Tierzia and family.
I will have all his loved ones in my thoughts and prayers.

Will Prout

Last edited:

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Sad indeed. RIP, friend.

I got to spend a few days with him up in pa, back in 2004 or 2005 and as others have noted, he was a quality man.

The world is worse, without him.