Revo and One Pocket

billiardthought

Anti-intellectualism
Silver Member
One pocket requires the tip of the shaft to touch the cue ball and shoot it at object balls. If the revo is advanced enough to handle that, it will be great for one pocket.

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You can only use it for the break shot in one pocket.

There is an accustats tape somewhere in which Billy says Grady is the only player he ever heard of who has a break cue for one pocket. You will be in good company;)

poolhustler

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Definitely not... I wouldn't even attempt it .. could result in great bodily injury. Stick with wood....

pho_choob

Be the Cueball
It can be a good shaft to play but you have to think about the drawbacks from its strengths... it would not be a great cue to masse with beiing very “low deflection” shaft and if you’re not used to the more efficient hit you can overoll positions. These drawbacks are minor though and can compensated.

measureman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I dont know about the Revo shaft.
But a funny thing happens when i play one pocket.

When i play with my Downey cue i do pretty good.
When i play with my Lucasi cue my game suffers.
So i suppose Lucasi cues are no good for one pocket.

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Will appreciate your opinion.
Revo shaft good to play One Pocket?

Yes they are great for one pocket. If you use a standard shaft, by the time the game is done the wood shaft would have sprouted leaves and started to grow acorns, and you then would need to use a glove to use it. The Revo will stay smooth no matter the age.

ImaPoolnut

I'm just a PoolNut
Silver Member
I own 30 cues with varying shaft sizes, materials used, tips, ferrule, weights and feel. I can shoot great 1 Pocket with any one of them. The reality IMO is any cue that costs around $500 will play well and anything after that is just eye candy and bragging rights. I shoot some of my best 1 Pocket with a sneaky Pete from 30 years ago.

The only thing I notice from time to time is I can break better with certain cues more than others.

Sent from my Galaxy S8 using Tapatalk Pro