Reload this Page Pool Ball Manufacturer
Page 1 of 3 1 23

Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
Pool Ball Manufacturer
Old
  (#1)
Boxcar
AzB Silver Member
Boxcar has a reputation beyond reputeBoxcar has a reputation beyond reputeBoxcar has a reputation beyond reputeBoxcar has a reputation beyond reputeBoxcar has a reputation beyond reputeBoxcar has a reputation beyond reputeBoxcar has a reputation beyond reputeBoxcar has a reputation beyond reputeBoxcar has a reputation beyond reputeBoxcar has a reputation beyond reputeBoxcar has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

Pool Ball Manufacturer - 06-23-2020, 06:25 PM

I decided to post this thread here because it will get more exposure here than in any other place.

I have a need to know the exact name and location of the company that manufactures the American Heritage "Renaissance" pool ball. I reached out to American Heritage, but they were reluctant to help and because I respect their need for anonymity, I simply withdrew. Hopefully, there will be members here who will have access to the information I require and will be willing to share.

Thank you.

Boxcar

Old
  (#2)
garczar
AzB Silver Member
garczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond repute

06-23-2020, 06:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxcar View Post
I decided to post this thread here because it will get more exposure here than in any other place.

I have a need to know the exact name and location of the company that manufactures the American Heritage "Renaissance" pool ball. I reached out to American Heritage, but they were reluctant to help and because I respect their need for anonymity, I simply withdrew. Hopefully, there will be members here who will have access to the information I require and will be willing to share.

Thank you.

Boxcar
This is a guess but based on the price they're asking they probably have Aramith make them. Look a lot like Centennials. Could be Cyclop but i'm leaning towards Aramith.

Old
  (#3)
Boxcar
AzB Silver Member
Boxcar has a reputation beyond reputeBoxcar has a reputation beyond reputeBoxcar has a reputation beyond reputeBoxcar has a reputation beyond reputeBoxcar has a reputation beyond reputeBoxcar has a reputation beyond reputeBoxcar has a reputation beyond reputeBoxcar has a reputation beyond reputeBoxcar has a reputation beyond reputeBoxcar has a reputation beyond reputeBoxcar has a reputation beyond repute

06-23-2020, 07:09 PM

Garczar,

Thank you for that, but I need "line and verse."

These balls shine and sound like the newer high-tekky balls and they are tinted in the light areas to look like Centennials, but of course, they have double darts. The fields are faux ivory looking and the "sticks" are almost white around the numbers. The colors are vivid, a little bit like the Cylop Ares balls, but the light areas and the "sticks" on Ares balls are nearly a true white. In other words, they don't match either the Centennial or the Ares.

Yes, I need the Company Name and contact information if you can find it. I appreciate the effort.

Boxcar

Old
  (#4)
jimmyco
NRA4Life

jimmyco has a reputation beyond reputejimmyco has a reputation beyond reputejimmyco has a reputation beyond reputejimmyco has a reputation beyond reputejimmyco has a reputation beyond reputejimmyco has a reputation beyond reputejimmyco has a reputation beyond reputejimmyco has a reputation beyond reputejimmyco has a reputation beyond reputejimmyco has a reputation beyond reputejimmyco has a reputation beyond repute

06-23-2020, 07:28 PM

I couldn't find anythng on spec or tolerance.

Only a $525 MSRP and a disclaimer that they are not for commercial use.

Good luck.

Player-Bob Owen Custom
Breaker-N.E. O'Barqueue
Case-Rusty Melton 1x2

Old
  (#5)
Boxcar
AzB Silver Member

06-23-2020, 07:34 PM

Thank you very much for the help. If you happen across the information, please let me know.

Boxcar

Old
  (#6)
CocoboloCowboy
Cowboys are my heros.
CocoboloCowboy has a reputation beyond reputeCocoboloCowboy has a reputation beyond reputeCocoboloCowboy has a reputation beyond reputeCocoboloCowboy has a reputation beyond reputeCocoboloCowboy has a reputation beyond reputeCocoboloCowboy has a reputation beyond reputeCocoboloCowboy has a reputation beyond reputeCocoboloCowboy has a reputation beyond reputeCocoboloCowboy has a reputation beyond reputeCocoboloCowboy has a reputation beyond reputeCocoboloCowboy has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1538

06-23-2020, 07:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmyco View Post
I couldn't find anythng on spec or tolerance.

Only a $525 MSRP and a disclaimer that they are not for commercial use.

Good luck.
Wonder if they're really better then a price point set of Aramith?

Or just more eye candy, like a Rolex President Watch?

“Pool is geometry, in its most challenging form, the science of precise angles, and forces" - Quote from: A Game of Pool, The Twilight Zone 1961 Television Show.

Not sure what you're implying...
Old
  (#7)
ugotactionTX
I'm in dead rack!
ugotactionTX has a reputation beyond reputeugotactionTX has a reputation beyond reputeugotactionTX has a reputation beyond reputeugotactionTX has a reputation beyond reputeugotactionTX has a reputation beyond reputeugotactionTX has a reputation beyond reputeugotactionTX has a reputation beyond reputeugotactionTX has a reputation beyond reputeugotactionTX has a reputation beyond reputeugotactionTX has a reputation beyond reputeugotactionTX has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 4600

Not sure what you're implying... - 06-23-2020, 07:51 PM

But I have to assume by your comment that you know absolutely jack squat about watches... The fit, finish, quality of materials, sale and resale value of a Rolex Day-Date (President) is top shelf all around and is way more than "eye candy"

That's literally one of the worst analogies I've ever read.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CocoboloCowboy View Post
Wonder if they're really better then a price point set of Aramith?

Or just more eye candy, like a Rolex President Watch?

Playing cues: Jake Hulsey, Larry Vigus, and Shelby Williams.

Last edited by ugotactionTX; 06-23-2020 at 07:56 PM.

Old
  (#8)
Black-Balled
He Rides the Skies
Black-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1200
  Send a message via AIM to Black-Balled  
06-23-2020, 08:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ugotactionTX View Post
But I have to assume by your comment that you know absolutely jack squat about watches... The fit, finish, quality of materials, sale and resale value of a Rolex Day-Date (President) is top shelf all around and is way more than "eye candy"

A man could live a winner's life if he ran the opposite way from whichever way the cowboy suggests.

Always.

So keep your nose clean keep it on a shoe string
With no opposing no undue disclosing
Nothing stale nothing old or decomposing
Nothing empty nothing bold or over knowing
Nothing more than tasteful reconstruction
Of the plot that edifies all our instructions
It's on the goodness of our dime that you can function

Old
  (#9)
Call_me_Tom
AzB Silver Member
Call_me_Tom has a reputation beyond reputeCall_me_Tom has a reputation beyond reputeCall_me_Tom has a reputation beyond reputeCall_me_Tom has a reputation beyond reputeCall_me_Tom has a reputation beyond reputeCall_me_Tom has a reputation beyond reputeCall_me_Tom has a reputation beyond reputeCall_me_Tom has a reputation beyond reputeCall_me_Tom has a reputation beyond reputeCall_me_Tom has a reputation beyond reputeCall_me_Tom has a reputation beyond repute

06-23-2020, 08:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ugotactionTX View Post

Even in the watch world there’re people who love to hate Rolex.

Yes a Timex will tell you the time and a Camry will get you to the store but that Toyota won’t get you there like a Ferrari.

Source: I own several Rolex’s, Omega, Marathon, Seiko’s AND Timex. I’m not a brand snob but I do know the differences.

Jacoby•Katana•McDermott•OB•Pechauer•Predator•1811

For Watch Aficionados......
Old
  (#10)
Bavafongoul
AzB Silver Member
Bavafongoul has a reputation beyond reputeBavafongoul has a reputation beyond reputeBavafongoul has a reputation beyond reputeBavafongoul has a reputation beyond reputeBavafongoul has a reputation beyond reputeBavafongoul has a reputation beyond reputeBavafongoul has a reputation beyond reputeBavafongoul has a reputation beyond reputeBavafongoul has a reputation beyond reputeBavafongoul has a reputation beyond reputeBavafongoul has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

For Watch Aficionados...... - 06-23-2020, 09:49 PM

The standard for quality in Swiss watches has been for decades & remains so today, C.O.S.C. certification.
Rolex dominates the list with more certifications issued than any other brand. Omega is second, Breitling
is 3rd, followed by other brands such as MIDO, Tissot, Tag Heuer, etc. But performance wise, all C.O.S.C.
certified watches perform alike up until Omega proposed setting a new higher gold standard for the most
elite performers. So a new category was created by the Swiss Federal Institute of Methology called Master
Chronometer Certification. Currently Omega is the only watch manufacturer to obtain this certification but
Rolex adopted its own stricter C.O.S.C. version referred to as Superlative Chronometer....just a little trivia.

"My Pool Cues"

*Bob Owen Custom- Level 8 (s/d 4-24-16) - Flat Ivory Joint
*J. Rauenzahn Custom - Level 6 (s/d 5-4-16) - Flat Ivory Joint

*J. Rauenzahn Custom - Level 8 (s/d 2-23-15) - Flat Ivory Joint
*Ed Prewitt Custom '05 - Level 8 - Flat Ivory Joint
*Bob Owen Custom - Level 8 (s/d 5-4-14) - Flat Ivory Joint
*Tim Scruggs Custom (05-95) Level 7 - Flat Ivory Joint
*Runde Schon (03-85) Custom "R" Series (1 of 1)
*Palmer (Original) - '72 (All Cocobolo Wood)

Old
  (#11)
mikemosconi
AzB Silver Member
mikemosconi has a reputation beyond reputemikemosconi has a reputation beyond reputemikemosconi has a reputation beyond reputemikemosconi has a reputation beyond reputemikemosconi has a reputation beyond reputemikemosconi has a reputation beyond reputemikemosconi has a reputation beyond reputemikemosconi has a reputation beyond reputemikemosconi has a reputation beyond reputemikemosconi has a reputation beyond reputemikemosconi has a reputation beyond repute

06-24-2020, 03:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bavafongoul View Post
The standard for quality in Swiss watches has been for decades & remains so today, C.O.S.C. certification.
Rolex dominates the list with more certifications issued than any other brand. Omega is second, Breitling
is 3rd, followed by other brands such as MIDO, Tissot, Tag Heuer, etc. But performance wise, all C.O.S.C.
certified watches perform alike up until Omega proposed setting a new higher gold standard for the most
elite performers. So a new category was created by the Swiss Federal Institute of Methology called Master
Chronometer Certification. Currently Omega is the only watch manufacturer to obtain this certification but
Rolex adopted its own stricter C.O.S.C. version referred to as Superlative Chronometer....just a little trivia.
I was reading all of these response on watches and wondering if some here, like me, have had a collectors interest in watches similar to pool cues. I have found that an interest in fine watch making is similar to the interest in fine pool cues. Both seem to bring out a great appreciation for the finest workmanship, performance, appearance, design, etc. owning something that someone else took great pride in creating has an appeal all its own and fine cues and watches seem to match up in these areas. I am not a serious watch collector- but have been involved in that field as well to some degree.

Old
  (#12)
jimmyco
NRA4Life

jimmyco has a reputation beyond reputejimmyco has a reputation beyond reputejimmyco has a reputation beyond reputejimmyco has a reputation beyond reputejimmyco has a reputation beyond reputejimmyco has a reputation beyond reputejimmyco has a reputation beyond reputejimmyco has a reputation beyond reputejimmyco has a reputation beyond reputejimmyco has a reputation beyond reputejimmyco has a reputation beyond repute

06-24-2020, 04:22 AM

Leave it to Coco to unintentionally derail the thread.

Player-Bob Owen Custom
Breaker-N.E. O'Barqueue
Case-Rusty Melton 1x2

Old
  (#13)
garczar
AzB Silver Member
garczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond repute

06-24-2020, 06:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxcar View Post
Garczar,

Thank you for that, but I need "line and verse."

These balls shine and sound like the newer high-tekky balls and they are tinted in the light areas to look like Centennials, but of course, they have double darts. The fields are faux ivory looking and the "sticks" are almost white around the numbers. The colors are vivid, a little bit like the Cylop Ares balls, but the light areas and the "sticks" on Ares balls are nearly a true white. In other words, they don't match either the Centennial or the Ares.

Yes, I need the Company Name and contact information if you can find it. I appreciate the effort.

Boxcar
Why is this so pressing? Just buy brand name balls and be done with it. Unless someone at that outfit tells you i doubt you're going to find out. Kinda like the Dynamic pool tables sold in Germany. They're made in China but they won't disclose the maker. Its in their contract not to do so.

Old
  (#14)
garczar
AzB Silver Member

Talking 06-24-2020, 06:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black-Balled View Post
A man could live a winner's life if he ran the opposite way from whichever way the cowboy suggests.

Always.
True dat.....................

Old
  (#15)
Buzzard II
AzB Silver Member
Buzzard II has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzard II has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzard II has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzard II has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzard II has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzard II has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzard II has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzard II has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzard II has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzard II has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzard II has a reputation beyond repute

06-24-2020, 06:42 AM

Well the cowboy might have derailed the thread but I like his analogy. 20 years ago I received a two tone GMT Master ll for my birthday. Yes indeed it's eye candy. Because with all that fit and finish talk nobody mentioned how well a Rolex keeps time.

I have a Tag that's at least 35 years old and runs within seconds over a year. It cost one tenth the amount of the Rolex. Also have a Lumi Nox at half the price of the Tag. It's almost as good. And way better than the GMT at keeping time. But the eye candy does retain the value, no doubt about that.

Page 1 of 3 1 23

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: