help with your game
Old
  (#1)
driven
AzB Silver Member
driven has a reputation beyond reputedriven has a reputation beyond reputedriven has a reputation beyond reputedriven has a reputation beyond reputedriven has a reputation beyond reputedriven has a reputation beyond reputedriven has a reputation beyond reputedriven has a reputation beyond reputedriven has a reputation beyond reputedriven has a reputation beyond reputedriven has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

help with your game - 02-21-2019, 04:55 AM

This is a good place to start for anyone wanting to improve.
He has great content and is also entertaining.
I'll get you started with a straight stroking video.

https://youtu.be/qOZO1ca7LsI

steven

Old
  (#2)
BC21
Poolology

BC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond repute

02-21-2019, 05:18 AM

I like this guy.

Old
  (#3)
driven
AzB Silver Member
driven has a reputation beyond reputedriven has a reputation beyond reputedriven has a reputation beyond reputedriven has a reputation beyond reputedriven has a reputation beyond reputedriven has a reputation beyond reputedriven has a reputation beyond reputedriven has a reputation beyond reputedriven has a reputation beyond reputedriven has a reputation beyond reputedriven has a reputation beyond repute

02-21-2019, 05:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BC21 View Post
I like this guy.
Me too
789 10
Messages need to be at least 10 characters.
who knew?

SUBSCRIBE and SUPPORT this guy. He's good!
Old
  (#4)
Balls
Big Brass Balls
Balls has a reputation beyond reputeBalls has a reputation beyond reputeBalls has a reputation beyond reputeBalls has a reputation beyond reputeBalls has a reputation beyond reputeBalls has a reputation beyond reputeBalls has a reputation beyond reputeBalls has a reputation beyond reputeBalls has a reputation beyond reputeBalls has a reputation beyond reputeBalls has a reputation beyond repute

Thumbs up SUBSCRIBE and SUPPORT this guy. He's good! - 02-21-2019, 09:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by driven View Post
This is a good place to start for anyone wanting to improve.
He has great content and is also entertaining.
I'll get you started with a straight stroking video.
https://youtu.be/qOZO1ca7LsI
Nice video,

Gave me a few things to think about for sure.

BarBoxRules.com
Supporting Olympic dreams since 2009
I am no longer active in this forum.

Old
  (#5)
gesan
AzB Silver Member
gesan has a reputation beyond reputegesan has a reputation beyond reputegesan has a reputation beyond reputegesan has a reputation beyond reputegesan has a reputation beyond reputegesan has a reputation beyond reputegesan has a reputation beyond reputegesan has a reputation beyond reputegesan has a reputation beyond reputegesan has a reputation beyond reputegesan has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 875

02-21-2019, 01:06 PM

Thanks for posting!

Old
  (#6)
TRWpool
AzB Silver Member
TRWpool has a reputation beyond reputeTRWpool has a reputation beyond reputeTRWpool has a reputation beyond reputeTRWpool has a reputation beyond reputeTRWpool has a reputation beyond reputeTRWpool has a reputation beyond reputeTRWpool has a reputation beyond reputeTRWpool has a reputation beyond reputeTRWpool has a reputation beyond reputeTRWpool has a reputation beyond reputeTRWpool has a reputation beyond repute

02-21-2019, 03:47 PM

I watched this video and I concur with others that this video is one of the better instructional vids I've seen for developing a consistent pre-shot routine and stroking system. Though I am more aligned with teaching One Pocket I do have a number of students who I teach fundamentals. I use slightly different ways of demonstrating the same things shown here. I would not doubt other instructors around the world use variations of these techniques. As long as they bring the student to the same place, it's all good. It's about conveying the information in a way that the student understands and accepts

Tom

One Pocket: A Game of Controlled Aggression.
inquiries trwirth369@gmail.com

Old
  (#7)
Scott Lee
AzB Silver Member

Scott Lee has a reputation beyond reputeScott Lee has a reputation beyond reputeScott Lee has a reputation beyond reputeScott Lee has a reputation beyond reputeScott Lee has a reputation beyond reputeScott Lee has a reputation beyond reputeScott Lee has a reputation beyond reputeScott Lee has a reputation beyond reputeScott Lee has a reputation beyond reputeScott Lee has a reputation beyond reputeScott Lee has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 4100

02-21-2019, 04:22 PM

Tom...I'm amazed that you didn't catch the one thing this coach is completely incorrect and inaccurate about (certain pool physics)...more follow-through does NOT equal to more spin on the CB. More cuestick speed equals more spin (and hitting the CB lower on the axis)...not how far you follow-through. The dwell time between the tip and the CB is about 1/1000th of a second, and you can't change that. It doesn't matter how far your tip goes past the CB. What matters is that you come to your natural finish position (just like he demonstrated), and that you have a relaxed cradle on the cuestick. Other than that, this video has some excellent pointers.

Scott Lee
http://poolknowledge.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRWpool View Post
I watched this video and I concur with others that this video is one of the better instructional vids I've seen for developing a consistent pre-shot routine and stroking system. Though I am more aligned with teaching One Pocket I do have a number of students who I teach fundamentals. I use slightly different ways of demonstrating the same things shown here. I would not doubt other instructors around the world use variations of these techniques. As long as they bring the student to the same place, it's all good. It's about conveying the information in a way that the student understands and accepts

Tom

PBIA Master Instructor

Old
  (#8)
TRWpool
AzB Silver Member
TRWpool has a reputation beyond reputeTRWpool has a reputation beyond reputeTRWpool has a reputation beyond reputeTRWpool has a reputation beyond reputeTRWpool has a reputation beyond reputeTRWpool has a reputation beyond reputeTRWpool has a reputation beyond reputeTRWpool has a reputation beyond reputeTRWpool has a reputation beyond reputeTRWpool has a reputation beyond reputeTRWpool has a reputation beyond repute

02-22-2019, 01:35 AM

Scott, I hadn't watched the entire video and I really don't wish to get into a long discussion about cueing skills and techniques but I do think you are a bit too critical of what is being said here.
I went back and viewed the portion where he speaks of follow through in regards to speed and spin, and though I agree with you that the length of time the cue tip is in contact with the cue ball is minimal regardless of the length of follow through, I think you will agree that follow through is one essential element to creating greater power and or spin. Stopping the cue tip in mid stroke reduces cue tip speed and requires more energy to do so. Inertia. He could have phrased it better.
The bottom line; in my opinion this is one of the better videos I've seen on this subject and it is worth studying by novice players looking to improve their cueing skills. That said, seeing a professional instructor is the way to go to get started properly.

Tom

One Pocket: A Game of Controlled Aggression.
inquiries trwirth369@gmail.com

Last edited by TRWpool; 02-22-2019 at 01:40 AM.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: