93ball run on tape

terhje

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I finaly got a new personal best. I've been stuck running 20-30s,few 40s and fewer 50s for YEARS. Feels good to get close to the 100mark. I want it soo bad!:p

I will try upload it tonight.

Salamander

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Only 20 and almost a 100 ball run. Excellent. My high run was probably 10 at your age.

sascha

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
nice job man ! cant wait to check out the video....about time there are some new runs posted...will get back to run some myself again soon...

14-1StraightMan

High Run 127
Silver Member
Great Run.

Great run Terje. I enjoyed watching your video.
You have a whole bunch of years to go to enjoy that type of shooting over & over. I am sure that you will run many great runs like this one again & again.
Keep up the good work and keep posting.

Salamander

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Finally watched your run. I really liked your pace at the table, you made decisions fairly quickly without a great deal of hesitation. The conditions for playing straight pool seemed ideal. The balls seemed to move easily on the cloth and separate well. The pockets seemed fairly large and accepting of balls. This of course takes nothing away from the run, and is an excellent tool in developing your game.

When you start consistantly putting up 50's and beyond, you might try moving to a tighter table (if one is available). The tighter table will start to highlight any errors or laxity in position play. Ultimately it will sharpen your game, which is already at a very advanced level.

Well done.

Doug

terhje

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thx for the replys. The table have 4 1/2 pockets with a month old simonis 820. I clean the balls and the cloth before i start.
I see my pattern play needs some work. Any tips? Im starting to think the answer is to play to much 14.1.

The last breakshot was kinda crazy.. would have been nice to get 7 more balls. maby next time.

thx for the tip Doug.

Ratta

Hearing the balls.....
Silver Member
Hussa,

Wow Terje!!!
Great shooting my young friend- really enjoyed watchin this excellent run
Nice rythm very nice to watch you shooting. It s hard to give a talented player like you tips from so far away. i think you reached already a point where 1vs1 training with an experienced guy would be the best. For sure it will help you to watch vids from good players-try to get em all ° :p
For sure i absolutley always recommend the videos from Jim Rempe " how to run a rack* and *how to run 100*- the stuff he explains helps a ton, well spoken words in his videos.

Keep on the good work buddy- very strong :)

lg
Ingo

Salamander

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thx for the replys. The table have 4 1/2 pockets with a month old simonis 820. I clean the balls and the cloth before i start.
I see my pattern play needs some work. Any tips? Im starting to think the answer is to play to much 14.1.

The last breakshot was kinda crazy.. would have been nice to get 7 more balls. maby next time.

thx for the tip Doug.

Terhje,

I actually liked your pattern play. My comments on the pockets was simply that with forgiving pockets there is a temptation to play a little too loose. With forgiving pockets you can get out of trouble a little easier. I actually think it is great to play on a table that allows this since it will build up your confidence. However, occasionally playing on a tight table will sharpen your game by teaching you not take things for granted. Your position play needs to be spot on or your run will end.

I'm certainly not suggesting playing on a real tight table all of the time, because it can and does become extremely frustrating. It is simply a great tool toward further developing your cueball control.

I've been playing lately on a very demanding diamond pro table. As with most diamonds the rails are very "springy", the pockets tight, shelf deep, and the shim angle can and does reject balls. As a result, I have to really work to get the optimal position to have a chance of running balls. This pays dividends when I play on a more accommodating table.

Regards,

Doug

terhje

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
thx

I see your point Doug, thx!:) We got a table just like it. if you touch a rail with pocket speed, the ball aint dropping.
I did some frozen rail drills on that table, it was a living hell.lol. didnt miss many rail shots on the other tables that week.

I've been buying vidoes from Accu-stats On Demand. Saw Grady Mathews on fire against Dallas West from 1995 some days ago, I Recomand that 1.
Watching 1995 Jim Rempe against Lisciotti right now.
If you guys got any great matches to recomand, please tell:)

A fun story i just read from the 1974 U.S open Straight pool.
Joe Balisti against Richie florence. Joe makes 12 balls. Richie answers with a 105, and goes to the chair feeling good. Balisti gets up and start running the balls.. on a breakshot on around 100 balls, he misses big and the object ball goes 4 rails and back into the calld pocket:p And yes, he runs out from there, 138ball run.

dmgwalsh

Straight Pool Fanatic
Silver Member
I see your point Doug, thx!:) We got a table just like it. if you touch a rail with pocket speed, the ball aint dropping.
I did some frozen rail drills on that table, it was a living hell.lol. didnt miss many rail shots on the other tables that week.

I've been buying vidoes from Accu-stats On Demand. Saw Grady Mathews on fire against Dallas West from 1995 some days ago, I Recomand that 1.
Watching 1995 Jim Rempe against Lisciotti right now.
If you guys got any great matches to recomand, please tell:)

A fun story i just read from the 1974 U.S open Straight pool.
Joe Balisti against Richie florence. Joe makes 12 balls. Richie answers with a 105, and goes to the chair feeling good. Balisti gets up and start running the balls.. on a breakshot on around 100 balls, he misses big and the object ball goes 4 rails and back into the calld pocket:p And yes, he runs out from there, 138ball run.

Some good matches:

Sigel v. Zuglan 150 and out
Hopkins v. Rempe very nice cue ball control older style 14.1
Rempe v. San Souci, very instructive with player review Rempe with Pat Fleming
West v.Zuglan, nice smooth stroke and patterns of Dallas West
Souquet v. Reyes excellent game
Lane v Archer, player review by Dick Lane with Pat Fleming.

Salamander

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Some good matches:

Sigel v. Zuglan 150 and out
Hopkins v. Rempe very nice cue ball control older style 14.1
Rempe v. San Souci, very instructive with player review Rempe with Pat Fleming
West v.Zuglan, nice smooth stroke and patterns of Dallas West
Souquet v. Reyes excellent game
Lane v Archer, player review by Dick Lane with Pat Fleming.

That Zuglan v. West match is terrific....with commentary by...help me out...the scratchy voiced New York player. Old school pool played by D. West. I also liked that Lane v. Archer match.

A match between Reyes and Rempe is also very good.

stevekur1

The "COMMISH"
Silver Member
That Zuglan v. West match is terrific....with commentary by...help me out...the scratchy voiced New York player. Old school pool played by D. West. I also liked that Lane v. Archer match.

A match between Reyes and Rempe is also very good.

was that Boston Shorty, doing the commentary ??

sausage

Banned
on a breakshot on around 100 balls, he misses big and the object ball goes 4 rails and back into the calld pocket
i hate to admit it but i've done that shot more than once! lol..... it's not that uncommon in 14.1 actually.

Salamander

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
was that Boston Shorty, doing the commentary ??

No...just remembered Ervalino. What was neat is that Ervalino was calling the last 5 to 8 shots that Dallas was going to play in each rack. He was right every time I think. He would croak "old school pool" in that gravely voice of his every so often. Mosconi, well into his later years, was a spectator in the audience.

Salamander

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
i hate to admit it but i've done that shot more than once! lol..... it's not that uncommon in 14.1 actually.

I'm embarrased to say that my high run at the time...about 10 years ago...included a shot that I missed so badly, the object ball double banked back into the called pocket. I never really felt all that great about the run because of this fluke.