Gold Crown drop pocket original?

ballafish

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
On my Gold Crown 1 table my drop pockets have the following information.

CIN-CARO
Mfg Co
DENVER COLO.

they also have a letter C an inch above the manufacturer name

Are they original to my table?

Sonofkingjames1

Registered
Gold Crown 1 drop pockets

I know this is an old thread. Anybody purchase any new ones lately? If so I would appreciate a link, thanks. Restoring a 1963 original GC1 blue/white that I was told came from a Springfield Mass. pool hall. My original pockets are Frankensteined.

Sonofkingjames1

Registered
Gold Crown 1 drop pockets

I know this is an old thread. Anybody purchase any new ones lately? If so I would appreciate a link, thanks. Restoring a 1963 original GC1 blue/white that I was told came from a Springfield Mass. pool hall. My original pockets are Frankensteined.

Attachments

• 10029896-FD54-49C5-9B04-27BBE7F4365A.jpg
    10029896-FD54-49C5-9B04-27BBE7F4365A.jpg
    196.3 KB · Views: 260
Last edited:

rexus31

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I don't think anyone makes a decent bolt in replacement for the GCI. I'm running these which are GCIV style. I used these pockets on my old table and can attest to their quality.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Pool-Table...621815?hash=item19f4c34af7:g:yBkAAOSwaeFakYU8

My mechanic had to cut a 7/8" radius around the side pocket cutout in the frame and straight cut the frame corners for the pockets to fit properly. These pockets are larger than the originals and require more clearance.

49574356751_782727d1f9_c.jpg

49573848898_705dcfe12c_c.jpg

49573849983_823ab870fd_c.jpg

49574356466_fd7e9e7e79_c.jpg

trentfromtoledo

8onthebreaktoledo
Silver Member
Nice! Rexus, that works to. I cut the pocket rather than cutting the frame. Both ways work I am sure. Cant wait to see your finished project!

I sell those as well and for a better price Sonofkingjames1 :) PM me if you are interested. :)

TFT

I don't think anyone makes a decent bolt in replacement for the GCI. I'm running these which are GCIV style. I used these pockets on my old table and can attest to their quality.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Pool-Table...621815?hash=item19f4c34af7:g:yBkAAOSwaeFakYU8

My mechanic had to cut a 7/8" radius around the side pocket cutout in the frame and straight cut the frame corners for the pockets to fit properly. These pockets are larger than the originals and require more clearance.

49574356751_782727d1f9_c.jpg

49573848898_705dcfe12c_c.jpg

49573849983_823ab870fd_c.jpg

49574356466_fd7e9e7e79_c.jpg

rexus31

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Nice! Rexus, that works to. I cut the pocket rather than cutting the frame. Both ways work I am sure. Cant wait to see your finished project!

I sell those as well and for a better price Sonofkingjames1 :) PM me if you are interested. :)

TFT

I hear you. The benefit of cutting the frame is no exposed wood of the frame overhanging the pocket, no gap between the slate and pocket and you retain the full capacity of the pocket.

trentfromtoledo

8onthebreaktoledo
Silver Member
I hear you. The benefit of cutting the frame is no exposed wood of the frame overhanging the pocket, no gap between the slate and pocket and you retain the full capacity of the pocket.

I have done this more times than I can count. When doing the french fold
I can bring the cloth down to the bottom angle of the frame. When the pocket is cut to fit there is no exposed wood or space between the frame and pocket. Like I said both ways work, I can guarantee both ways ='s same amount of balls in the pocket :)

TFT

Lawnboy77

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Cutting the pockets was what my installers did as well, and it turned out great. Those aftermarket pockets liners rock. It seems like they will last a long time, and no black marks on the balls either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lawnboy77

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The drawback to cutting frames to me is, you can’t go back to original very easily if original spec pockets pop up. I’m not a stickler for originality, but my preference is to stay close to original if possible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sonofkingjames1

Registered
Replacement pockets

I can’t cut the frame, I am too OCD. I guess I’ll just stick with my Frankenstein originals until a same size replacement comes up.