Brunswick Madison

Ssonerai

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That tool is neat - love the way the span is adjusted.

I make fixed span pin wrenches for some furniture hardware, that is broached 3/8" square, for ratchet or speeder drive. Need to remember that offset cam idea. :thumbup:

A quick but effective way to make an adjustable pin spanner is to drill & ream crossways through the jaws of a cheap adjustable wrench for the appropriate dowel size; and press them in. Then adjust the wrench to set the span. Unfortunately, it won't swing all the way on some rails.

"cheap" wrench both because it does not need to be good, but also because the jaws won't be very hard. Grind any chrome off in the area of the holes, too, so it doesn't destroy the drill & reamer. Support the wrench when drilling so the holes are parallel.

smt

frige

Registered
Well I did learn something yesterday. Dont trust cheal levels. I was chasing my tail around with the $15 junker. I bought a semi decent 78 inch level and wait a minute, The table was real close the whole time.

Attachments

• 20200411_204540.jpg
    20200411_204540.jpg
    23 KB · Views: 259

trentfromtoledo

8onthebreaktoledo
Silver Member
Well I did learn something yesterday. Dont trust cheal levels. I was chasing my tail around with the $15 junker. I bought a semi decent 78 inch level and wait a minute, The table was real close the whole time.

The smaller the level = more precise.

I use a 12" Starrett 98, some use the 8".

Sounds like you are having fun with your project!!

TFT

frige

Registered
Getting started filling the seams and holes. I have heard of guys using bondo but I am worried it would be to hard to remove later. I found this at the local Loews. Started with a small area to check it out.

Attachments

• 20200414_192014.jpg
    20200414_192014.jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 200

bradsh98

Bradshaw Billiard Service
Silver Member
Getting started filling the seams and holes. I have heard of guys using bondo but I am worried it would be to hard to remove later. I found this at the local Loews. Started with a small area to check it out.

I might caution you from filling the slate screw holes with anything other than wood.. These alternative fillers may not be effective, in securing the slate screws.

I recommend that you buy some wooden dowel, and drive plugs into the existing holes. The plugs may then be cut flush to the surface. Any craft store or home improvement store should have something available. Otherwise, grocery stores generally carry bamboo skewers (not ideal, but will work in a pinch).

logical

Loose Rack
Silver Member
Found my pictures from 20 years back finally

Attachments

• IMG_0116.jpg
    IMG_0116.jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 200

logical

Loose Rack
Silver Member
Looks great! and the pocket sizes look good to, not too big like most of the old T-rail tables back in the day.
Up close, the veneer was bubbling and had some flaws, and it never really played right. The rail design just wasn't as solid as the modern stuff. But yes, it has a great presence. I actually got very lucky with buying it. I hauled it home from Chicago in a bad snowstorm in a rented truck with a bad defroster but the seller threw in a vacuum and a light. The vacuum was a metal version of the classic dirt devil but with the brunswick logo on the bag and the light turned out to be a copper piece of art made by a semi famous Chicago craftsman. I sold the light and vacuum for more than I paid for the whole lot plus the truck rental so....free table I got paid to take.

Sent from the future.

frige

Registered
Still working on the table. Just about ready to install the cloth once it comes in. At the same time I am stripping the paint from the room and I and going to repaint. The green and orange is hideous. I am lucky to have friends. 3 ladies are working their tails off with a promise of a bbq party when its all done.

Attachments

• 20200421_180922.jpg
    20200421_180922.jpg
    27.1 KB · Views: 186

frige

Registered
Cloth came in. I picked it up from monsterbreakbillards. Nice guy. I talked to him at length about the table and he gave me some good ideas. Fast shipping too, I highly recommend. Before I proceed any further we are repainting the hideous colors. Not sure what the last owner was thinking we called it the pumpkin room. Lol

Attachments

• 20200501_150149.jpg
    20200501_150149.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 162

frige

Registered
Got the cloth on and starting on the rails. Lord who gave the last guy a bucket of nails? Hard to get out without messing up the wood. Also did brunswick use the rail bumpers from kings?

Attachments

• 20200518_164058.jpg
    20200518_164058.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 130
  • 20200517_132200.jpg
    20200517_132200.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 139