Vyc

╭∩╮(︶︿&#650
Silver Member
2 feet

I'd like 2 feet @ 20124. Thanks!!

Tommy-D

World's best B player...
Silver Member
I know I've already raved about this stuff,and it just keeps getting better.

Yesterday I went and worked my usual yearly tournament,which is also associated with the World's Biggest Fish Fry.

I took a rod of Tomahawk with me along with Juma,Elforyn,LBM,and Mason Micarta.

Tomahawk was the best option for all 4 ferrule installs I did during the tournament. Two of these jobs were Predator replacements,and the other 2 were on old Meucci shafts,one of which was for a repeat customer.

They all commented on how nice the finished product looked.

This is under pretty harsh light,so it may look like there are some unclean lines,but none of these showed in even normal sunlight.

I have noticed though that in addition to fresh,good quality sandpapers being needed to polish this material right,that a Magic Eraser dampened with denatured alcohol helps keep them clean,as well as going from the bottom of the ferrule towards the tip but NOT backwards helps esp if installing a black tip such as Kamui or UltraSkin. This is same technique used to avoid sanding dust in your clean maple from black phenolic rings.

I still haven't done a threaded ferrule or played with any of the shafts I've installed it on yet,so no info on playability yet. Tommy D.

Attachments

• 0430161612.jpg
    0430161612.jpg
    88.6 KB · Views: 438

j2pac

Marital Slow Learner.
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I know I've already raved about this stuff,and it just keeps getting better.

Yesterday I went and worked my usual yearly tournament,which is also associated with the World's Biggest Fish Fry.

I took a rod of Tomahawk with me along with Juma,Elforyn,LBM,and Mason Micarta.

Tomahawk was the best option for all 4 ferrule installs I did during the tournament. Two of these jobs were Predator replacements,and the other 2 were on old Meucci shafts,one of which was for a repeat customer.

They all commented on how nice the finished product looked.

This is under pretty harsh light,so it may look like there are some unclean lines,but none of these showed in even normal sunlight.

I have noticed though that in addition to fresh,good quality sandpapers being needed to polish this material right,that a Magic Eraser dampened with denatured alcohol helps keep them clean,as well as going from the bottom of the ferrule towards the tip but NOT backwards helps esp if installing a black tip such as Kamui or UltraSkin. This is same technique used to avoid sanding dust in your clean maple from black phenolic rings.

I still haven't done a threaded ferrule or played with any of the shafts I've installed it on yet,so no info on playability yet. Tommy D.

Thank you Tommy-D! That is fantastic feedback. I thank you sincerely! If you ever need more, I will be more than happy to supply..
Thank you Sir!
Joe P

j2pac

Marital Slow Learner.
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Tomahawk update

All recently paid orders have shipped. Approximately two inquiries pending payment.
Thank you to everyone who has purchased.
Sincerely.
Joe P.

j2pac

Marital Slow Learner.
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Tomahawk

Several feet of material still in stock. I appreciate any and all feedback, the good, the bad and the ugly, and I sincerely thank everyone for their interest. I truly believe this is a superb ferrule material. Hope you guys are enjoying it.
Best regards.
Joe P.

j2pac

Marital Slow Learner.
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
inventory update

AZB'ers, I have approximately 19.5 feet left in stock that has yet to be spoken for. I may place one more order prior to June, depending on demand. I will be taking a two week vacation, during the first two weeks of June, and I will be unavailabe to ship orders, during that time. If you need material before then, please get with me ASAP.
Thank you sincerely. :cool:
Joe P

j2pac

Marital Slow Learner.
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Tomahwk bump

Still have roughly 18.5 feet unspoken for, and two orders pending payment. I am very interested to get further feedback from those who've tried it. So far everyone has been very complimentary, and I couldn't be happier. I sincerely appreciate all the interest in the material.
My thanks to all.
j2