Silver Member
Great write-ups, JAM.

Shane all the way. Go !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Buster8001

Did you say shrubberies?
Silver Member
Thanks, Jam; great job on this.

Shane put on an awesome performance against Hatch. I hope he can run with it.

StraightPoolIU

Brent
Silver Member
I'm genuinely excited for this. I even bought a monthly subscription to DAZN so I can watch. The app for it was already on my smart tv and I had no idea. A lot of other cool content on there as well like snooker and Bellator MMA. Not sure I'll keep my subscription more than one month, but if they continue to add content, pool content especially, I might.

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
This is a tall order for Shane. He has a losing record against Wu. But it's The Open and Shane owns this event. :)

Michael Andros

tiny balls, GIANT pockets
Silver Member
There is a growing fan base on Facebook for Aloysius Yapp from Singapore. He's won the hearts of many pool fans around the world. Everybody who knows him has only good words to say about him. I hope I get to see him play later today, if I'm not working. I like him already and haven't seen him play yet.

He'll be playing against Alex Pagulayan. Tough to root against Alex. Whoever wins, I'll be happy.

Thnx, Jenny. Great background, much appreciated.

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
Jen....this thread should be the program for the final stage....well done.

FeelDaShot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Great post Jam! It's hard for me to put a face to many of the Taiwanese and Chinese player's names (which I can't pronounce either lol), so your post is going to be very helpful for me to keep things straight. Thank you!

Below are a couple nickname corrections (or additions?) to the Filipino players:

Jeffery "The Bull" De Luna

Jeffery "Cobra" Ignacio

Chip Roberson

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks For Putting That All Together Jam,,wonderfully done.
Since it's now single elimination now, wish they would lengthen the matches to first to 25 games. I know that would take a lot longer, but what matches we would witness from that.

Duane Remick

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Defending U.S. Open 9-Ball Champion Jayson "Eagle Eye" Shaw is on a mission to get back-to-back wins in Vegas. Can he do it? Those on the scene say he's hitting 'em pretty sporty.

I watched him play Corey-
11-1 …
Commenator stated Shaw been practicing 8 hours a day-
really showed too"
He missed 1 ball- actually miscued- and scratched...
Poor Corey couldn't get started at all in the match,
Shaw handily jump-banked a 1 ball for shape on the 2- to run out in 1 of the games

terryhanna

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Go Alex

BdlgfuF.gif

JazzyJeff87

AzB Plutonium Member
Silver Member
I like the lion in this, though I never actually got to see him play so I don’t know what kind of shape he’s in but I figure he must be playing his usual great pool

PoolBum

Ace in the side.
Silver Member
Well, that's just ridiculous. You'd think a tournament of this caliber could provide enough seating for all the players.

Reactions: JAM

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Well, that's just ridiculous. You'd think a tournament of this caliber could provide enough seating for all the players.

OMgosh. I had to think about this one for a second. :rotflmao1::rotflmao1::rotflmao1:

BTW, Yapp is getting a lot of likes and hearts on FB. It seems like folks around the world really like this kid and are rooting for him to win. I can't wait to see him play!

Thanks to all for your kind words about this thread. I do enjoy keeping up to date with the pool news. I must admit, some of the names, I was not familiar with. One theme, though, that is running rampant is Chinese players are strong!

Are the days of Filipinos dominating pool tournamentes slowly fading away? And what about the Europeans? They were a strong force for a few seconds, but it looks like that's diminishing. :grin-square:

tucson9ball

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
WOW JAM, outdid yourself with this write up, thank you.
BTW, who knocked out Siming Chen if anybody knows?
I haven't seen the brackets....

JazzyJeff87

AzB Plutonium Member
Silver Member
WOW JAM, outdid yourself with this write up, thank you.
BTW, who knocked out Siming Chen if anybody knows?
I haven't seen the brackets....

Wang can, after 1st loss to liu hai tao

I wonder if things would’ve gone differently had she played non countrymen in the later stages. I didn’t see either match but she was playing well earlier when I saw her

Last edited: