little ko is gone

albu

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I will give you 500 to 1 that he don't win tournament

I agree with you....but like i say he know how to play,and is a seasoned player...30+ years in pool,many,many money game etc.....maybe not in Ko's rang but he will take it if you give

chevybob20

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Nice shooting Ivica. It would be great to have your take on this situation if the natives don't get out of hand. It's not too often that an active member of this forum takes down the world's No. 1.

albu

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Nice shooting Ivica. It would be great to have your take on this situation if the natives don't get out of hand. It's not too often that an active member of this forum takes down the world's No. 1.

by my knowledge he is not active AZ member.....can you please write the AZ nickname of the person you think is Ivica Putnik?Thanks

chevybob20

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
by my knowledge he is not active AZ member.....can you please write the AZ nickname of the person you think is Ivica Putnik?Thanks

I could have the wrong guy. We will see. I wish Ivica luck anyway. I like underdogs.

albu

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I could have the wrong guy. We will see. I wish Ivica luck anyway. I like underdogs.

Well if you think about ivicafranic...he is not the one :thumbup: ....also good player but not Putnik :D
hope it helps

This is what Putnik wrote on his FB page...obvious he is very happy
"Boooooooommmm....win against one of the best world players here in Us open...yesssssssss....thanks to all guys!!!!! Feel realy nice!!!!!"

Poolplaya9

Tellin' it like it is...
Silver Member
Short race tourney pool doesn't identify the best player every time because of the high variance. It's why tourneys aren't long races because 1) the excitement factor wouldn't be the same and 2) the same guy would win every time (Shane)
Fixed your post for you below.

Short race tournament pool doesn't identify the best player every time (nor would long races do it every single time although they would do it a lot more often) because of the high variance. Tournaments don't use long races though because:

1. They would be too expensive for the promoter to put on (expenses for rental of venue, tables, labor, etc) so you would have no tournaments
2. They would be too expensive for the players to attend (additional days of hotel, food, etc) so you would have few players attending
3. They aren't as exciting and are usually rather boring so you would have even fewer fans interested than the few who are interested now
4. The same very few guys would win too often
5. Pressure isn't as much of a factor with longer races and being able to deal with the heavy pressure is a large part of being the "best," plus the fans want the matches to have higher pressure as well
6. Because the "short race" tournaments already do a fairly good job of determining the best players since the same fairly small group of players tend to win most of the events
7. Etc

Last edited:

His Boy Elroy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ko is 25 years old. Ugh....does anybody think Nick Varner or Marcus Chamat is taller than Ko? If not, when those 2 were competing in major tournaments, did those of you who refer to little Ko, refer to the 2 aforementioned players as little Nick and little Marcus?

Last edited:

Colonel

Raised by Wolves in a Pool Hall
Silver Member
Ko is 25 years old. Ugh....does anybody think Nick Varner or Marcus Chamat is taller than Ko? If not, when those 2 were competing in major tournaments, did those of you who refer to little Ko, refer to the 2 aforementioned players as little Nick and little Marcus?

I'm pretty sure that his moniker is about being the younger of the 2 brothers, not his stature.

victorl

Where'd my stroke go?
Silver Member
We call Ko Ping Chung "Little Ko" to differentiate between him and his older brother, Ko Pin Yi ("Big Ko").

I wonder what we'll call the third brother when he makes it on the international pool scene...

His Boy Elroy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I thought It was the older brother who lost to Karen Corr. I should have read more carefully. I apologize to the O.P and a few others.

victorl

Where'd my stroke go?
Silver Member
The older brother did lose to Karen, but he's still alive on the loser's side.
The younger brother already lost twice and is out of the tournament.

SakuJack

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Short race tourney pool doesn't identify the best player every time because of the high variance. At some point you guys with limited knowledge will start to see it. It's why tourneys aren't long races because 1) the excitement factor wouldn't be the same and 2) the same guy would win every time (Shane)

Maybe little Ko can head over to Q Masters and make it in time for the Tuesday night handicap tourney

Variance you say? This isn't something I've heard you mention before (like, in every... single... thread). Can you elaborate?

lol, do you even know who I am?

Oh dear.

the biggest poker games in Atlanta

lol, that's the weirdest boast I've heard so far today.

midnightpulp

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Well if you think about ivicafranic...he is not the one :thumbup: ....also good player but not Putnik :D
hope it helps

This is what Putnik wrote on his FB page...obvious he is very happy
"Boooooooommmm....win against one of the best world players here in Us open...yesssssssss....thanks to all guys!!!!! Feel realy nice!!!!!"

Yeah, I got the Ivicas confused.