Shadow Method

greyghost

Coast to Coast
Silver Member
well...that was fun....and easy.....should there be a hotline lmfao?

Same here.

Thanks

John

John good luck with the newly found simplification of your game. I'm glad to hear its giving you the confidence to explore places few people go. We are slave to the balls no longer. There is no fear here. Not in the house I built.

spend it wisely on the freedom to be positive and confident of success on the table on a daily basis.

point. click. boom.

i had a wonderful time chatting with ya over the lan line pal! we should do some video chatting sometime. skype or what have you...since you got a home table and I got two monster tvs.....i like seeing others imposing their real selves on the table without all the doubt and baggage we walk around with.

no wonder i always spoke in code....the message was there and then ya move and its still there but that original second point on the table.......IT NEVER MOVES. Then you move......and it moves. and becomes the 3rd point that you and I are using.........and the original number 2 point......the correlation that binds everything.....all systems.

You see it plainly as i have seen it....the answer.....how the flying rat balls you understood this over the phone beats the snot outa me.....

i may officially call that hidden binding point Allen Iverson

the force is strong with you sir.... we should always love our brothers and sisters but must promplty start devouring souls.....for the black magic.....id hate to see it run out.

oh wait.....just keep the light on partner ;)

sight unseen,
Greyghost

greyghost

Coast to Coast
Silver Member
table size, being high or low on the ball.....table SHAPE

none of this matters for cut shots using this method.

NOT ONE IOTA........

table shape.....iit could be done on king arthurs round table....or on a triangle shape table. you can put me in the street with any two sized spheres i can physically use even if they were big enough i had to use a long baseball bat to stroke it....and you could aim it confidently at a chickens ass on the other side the road with this method....

you dont need geometry of the table to be specific and use this method.....that geometry is of no matter of course unless your banking a ball.

this is what others are not perceiving that i'm talking about....if the marks were preceived then there would be no dependence on cut shots in relation to table size or shape.

Last edited:

Mirza

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ok greyghost, now to get back to your aiming method :)

So for a thinner cutshot to the left, let's say arroung 40°, you align the left side of your shaft to left CB edge and right "PAT-POINT" on the OB, correct?

What do you do for a thicker shot, let's say 10° also cut shot to the left?
Maybe align the right side of the shaft to "PAT-POINT"?

Also that video of you using this method from a few different angles would be nice, and again thank you for your efforts and sharing, your vids on breaking and fundamentals are also awesome, keep up the good work.:thumbup::thumbup:

Last edited:

greyghost

Coast to Coast
Silver Member
Ok greyghost, now to get back to your aiming method :)

So for a thinner cutshot to the left, let's say arroung 40°, you align the left side of your shaft to left CB edge and right "PAT-POINT" on the OB, correct?

What do you do for a thicker shot, let's say 10° also cut shot to the left?
Maybe align the right side of the shaft to "PAT-POINT"?

Also that video of you using this method from a few different angles would be nice, and again thank you for your efforts and sharing, your vids on breaking and fundamentals are also awesome, keep up the good work.:thumbup::thumbup:

if your using your cue properly the degrees and angles DO not matter.....as i've stated it isn't dependent on the TABLES geometry....i know this sounds very wild.

do not worry about angles of shot. the reason why i say make the cue stick become the ball is mainly for accuracy...

one could just drop in center ball and parallel shift........i just stand through the intended english on the CB to that pat point witht the side of the shaft.....

because i never and dont aim balls....

now on a real tight cutshot, since i get down low in general....the edges of the balls do line up in the corner of my eye.....but i'm using the shaft to look at just the pat point.......I DO NOT WORRY ABOUT THE BALLS....its all done iwth the shaft.

this is the hardest thing to get the mind wrapped around imop for most players i show this to.

miz......look head on at the ball.....like your shooting a straight in shot. say its on the spot on your on the right hand side of table. put the CB up table anywhere so that you can cut the OB......now while standing on the OB straight in the hole. note the right pat point and keep your eyes on it and move to your CB location never losing the pat point.....

it rotates around the ball to its new position.....but its original position is still there thats the realation to the actual contact and your new mark that makes it all work.

you can go around the ball left or right. backwards or forwards and the original straight in pat point on the side......transverses it globe. and becomes your visual objective to touch the side of the shaft to.

bbb

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
what does PAT POINT mean??
sorry i havent read thru the whole thread
:eek::eek::eek::eek:

Last edited:

ottersbro

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
GreyGhost I would like to thank you for posting this aiming method.....I have tried it now for several hours
and it works.... I don't know why it works but for the shots that I have been using it on it works....
thanks again
Don

greyghost

Coast to Coast
Silver Member
GreyGhost I would like to thank you for posting this aiming method.....I have tried it now for several hours
and it works.... I don't know why it works but for the shots that I have been using it on it works....
thanks again
Don

don call me i can explain exactly why this works without issue sir.

best wishes,
Keebie Fleniken II

i do have the link to my facebook on my user profile on here everyone....

One Pocket John

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The Grey Ghost Method of pocketing balls is real

In 1990 I started taking pool seriously, been playing since 1963 at 15.

I used the back of the ball for an aiming point. (drew a line from the center of the pocket thru the OB which would give me an contact point. With a lot of practice I found that if I used the middle, right or left sides of the cue I could hit the contact point with the QB.
I have always used my cue as a rifle the QB is the bullet.

I shot thru the QB like it wasn't even there. Worked real well.

Then I purchased Robin Kelly's book "The Power Pool Shot System" all these years I had been playing with only half of the method. Robin opened my eyes to the other half. The other half instantly tells you where the QB must strike the OB. Take note, this system only shows you where the QB must contact the OB, it does not tell you how to aim the QB to strike the contact point on the OB. How you do that is entirely up to you.Thanks Robin.

Gray Ghost is offering an aiming method to allow the QB to strike the OB on the contact point.

Then Gray Ghost makes his post about the shadow method. I always love to learn so I followed the thread.

I took what Keebie had written to the table. I gotta tell ya this works and works very well. Now I have something to look at between the OB and the shadow on the table and its real, no imagining here.

A few days ago Keebie called me and we went over the whole thing on the phone. I have a table so I put Keebie on speaker. By the way Keeb talks the same way as he writes. The conversation lasted about 30 min.

He told me how he happened to come about learning this method many years ago, its a good story.

I suggested to Keebie that he make a UT outlining the things we talked about. I said to put what your saying is going to be very difficult to put into words. He said he may do that.

Just for grins, put an OB on the head spot and a QB in the kitchen in line with the OB.
From a standing position (lets say you want to pocket the OB in the right hand corner).
Right now the center of your body should be square with the OB and the QB.
Slowly start moving your body to the left never taking your eye off of the dark shadow "V" (the one closest to the pocket or on the other side of the OB).
You will notice quickly that if you aimed your stick at that "V" their isnt any way that OB is going to go in the corner. Keep moving to the left until it looks like if you aimed your cue at that "V" the OB would go into the corner. I use the right side of my shaft to aim at the "V" thru the QB.

Right now I working on 1,2 and 3 rail shots using the shadow method. I play One Pocket and this is important to learn.

Thanks Keebie. Please make a video demonstrating this method. It's going to save you a whole bunch of typing. :)

John

Last edited:

bbb

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
larry sorry i mean your PM's lol.....i cleared the Pm's not long ago...

i looked at the info in the pm
and went to the table
although i have an idea of what you are teaching it really didnt work for me
also on cuts where you have to aim beyond a half ball hit
i had no clue how to aim with the method
for quarter ball hit i know the edge of my stick to the ede of the ball will be close
keebie
maybe we can arrange a session when i am home at my table i can put you on speaker phone and we can work thru it
like with onepocket john

ottersbro

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hey Keeb where the heck were you 35 years ago!!!!!! would have saved me alot of B.S!!!!!!
I'm an old dog and still learning....

greyghost

Coast to Coast
Silver Member
i looked at the info in the pm
and went to the table
although i have an idea of what you are teaching it really didnt work for me
also on cuts where you have to aim beyond a half ball hit
i had no clue how to aim with the method
for quarter ball hit i know the edge of my stick to the ede of the ball will be close
keebie
maybe we can arrange a session when i am home at my table i can put you on speaker phone and we can work thru it
like with onepocket john

Of course we can

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ottersbro

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have tried just about every aiming system out there.... I've shifted, twisted, back hand english, shooting at ghostballs looked at different angles on the cue ball to object ball until I was crosseyed and I will say some of them had some good information, but far and away greyghosts shadow aiming works, it's the best that I have personally tried!