Good selection of pool cues in NJ or Philadelphia?

CueAndMe

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Good selection to try pool cues in NJ or Philadelphia?

I've been away from pool for a few years but I want to get back into it, and rather than guess at a good cue I'd like to try them out. Any places with a big selection on hand to try on a table and buy? I don't need fancy expensive inlays or anything like that, just a really nice playing cue for straight pool. Not sneaky petes though. Thanks!

Last edited:

jersey jer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Try Side Pocket Billiards on rt 9 in Howell NJ.
http://sidepocketnj.com
Side Pocket Billiards
536 New Friendship Rd
Howell, NJ 07731
(732)987-4343

Dave the owner would be glad to let you hit with some cues

CueAndMe

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Side Pocket Billiards
536 New Friendship Rd
Howell, NJ 07731
(732)987-4343

Thanks. Since I'd be travelling a ways I'm looking for a place with a big selection of several cue-makers. It looks like Dave's website shows only Meucci. Do you know if he sells a bunch of other makes?

jersey jer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
He has a bunch. Give him a call to ask I don't know the whole inventory. hes a good guy and a friend. and tell him Jerry pointed you to him

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Sealegs50

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If you have a friend who would lend you a cue for ~6 months, the Super Billiards Expo will be in Philadelphia next March/April. There is no better place to try and buy every major production cue company and lots of customs, too. After you’ve gotten back into the game for a while, you might be better able to decide what turns you on and what doesn’t.

CueAndMe

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If you have a friend who would lend you a cue for ~6 months, the Super Billiards Expo will be in Philadelphia next March/April. There is no better place to try and buy every major production cue company and lots of customs, too. After you’ve gotten back into the game for a while, you might be better able to decide what turns you on and what doesn’t.

Interesting. I have an okay cue, so I could just suffer with it until the Expo. But I am a little anxious to try something different. I'm sure I'll run twice as many balls with a new cue. That's what new cues do, right? :wink:

CueAndMe

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
He has a bunch. Give him a call to ask I don't know the whole inventory. hes a good guy and a friend. and tell him Jerry pointed you to him

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Thanks. It's kind of far from where I live, but if there's no bigger selection closer I'll give it a try.

Bavafongoul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Aside from SBE, would anyone know of any cue shows scheduled for Las Vegas in 2017?
I have the itch to get something big and with CA's ivory ban, I need to be out of the state
in order for it to occur. So naturally a Las Vegas, NV cue show fills the bill rather nicely.

Sealegs50

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm sure I'll run twice as many balls with a new cue. That's what new cues do, right?

That's absolutely correct. Also, it's been proven that the more money you spend, the better you'll play. If that wasn't true, how could they charge so much? :rolleyes:

If you decide to wait, depending on the condition of your old cue, a new tip might be worth considering.

pocono

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Pool Cues

Contact "Little Kenny" Carfango,he is located in Philly.He is on Facebook and a member of this forum.

pooldawg8

My Pride and Joy
Gold Member
Silver Member
Agree with pocono Little Kenny should have something that will catch your eye.
Very easy guy to deal with as well. GL in your search

You could also contact azer; ''classiccues'' Joe is from NJ, maybe he has something you`d like as well. Hope this helps you out

Last edited:

CueAndMe

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks for the suggestions, everyone. And I did forget about tips. I'll have to look into them too.

pogmothoin

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Side Pocket Billiards
536 New Friendship Rd
Howell, NJ 07731
(732)987-4343

Dave has a wide selection not just Meucci's. Steve Dunkel is a Jersey guy that makes a real nice cue if you want something custom. Good luck.