MOSCONI CUP LIVE (Score Updates)

HoustonInt

Big John's Cue Repair
Silver Member
I don't know what's worse - watching SVB miss shots that I've never seen him miss and sulking about it or Rodney missing elementary shots and giggling about it. EUR trying to give us a match and we still can't get it :-(

Kris_b1104

House Pro in my own home.
Silver Member
Let's say Europe ends today 9-4, or even 10-3, are we going to be seeing 7/8 matches tomorrow?!

BmoreMoney

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
While most of these comments are on point, maybe we should try to be a little more supportive even thru the hard times. Think if you were on the team and had to hear all this stuff constantly. This is not so much about feelings but rather a snowball effect. Losing 10 out of 11 or whatever it is is a tremendous amount of pressure by itsef, let alone all the dogging they are receiving.. Doesn't really matter who's on the team almost it's gonna just get tougher and tougher. I have to think they all take it very seriously and WANT to win.

I'd like to add, we all know pool is a VERY psychological game, so the real time analysis could hurt just as bad as anything else. Maybe in the future some type of psyche training would be the ticket.

Last edited:

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
Forsyth opens with comment about how well Skyler has played in his first Mosconi. 0 for 2, for Skyler has not played well and it isn't his first Mosconi.

That said, I have a feeling Sky will play well in Match 12.

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
Albin mistake on one ball followed by solid Sky runout.

for the third match in a row today, the us leads 1-0.

Arete

Registered
Forsyth opens with comment about how well Skyler has played in his first Mosconi. 0 for 2, for Skyler has not played well and it isn't his first Mosconi.

That said, I have a feeling Sky will play well in Match 12.

Sky don't have any give up and he shows some life even if he makes a mistake. No going back to his seat and slouching for him. The Euros have fed off of team USA's lifeless attitude and our two who have shown life have had our success.

gxman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
5b that dropped on the bottom right corner, Sky got lucky there! Pockets playing loose.

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
Sky don't have any give up and he shows some life even if he makes a mistake. No going back to his seat and slouching for him. The Euros have fed off of team USA's lifeless attitude and our two who have shown life have had our success.

Don't overlook just how brilliantly Mark Gray has played.

john coloccia

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Why didn't Skyler just play for the 3 in the side? :eek: I can't even figure out where he was going with the cue ball.

Positively Ralf

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That long shot was the key to that rack. Let's be honest, we all thought he was going to miss with the way the USA has played this year. But good composure there from Woodward.

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
Superb safety byAlbin in rack 2 and Sky sells out the kick. Albin gets out for 1-1.

Sky's position error in rack three proves fatal ... Or does it? It seems like team USA loses rack three in almost every match, but Europe returns the favor with a poor safety. Skyler leads 2-1. The world champion is in a bad funk today, coming off a poor effort in teams and having made two errors in the first three racks of this singles match.

Carve him up, Skyler!

Arete

Registered
In an event like this emotion is important. Relaxed confidence is tough to fade. The Euros know this but notice how a little life was taken out of Shaw and Alvin when playing Rodney and Sky. Rodney just wasn't quite relaxed enough.

8BallWonderland

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Matchroom and the venue must be rooting for a Woodward win here. Quite a large amount of money at stake in ticket sales and loss of revenue from beer sales tomorrow etc

westcoast

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I love Shane! But enough is enough. There is something wrong with his game in the MC and he needs to find a fix if he wants to continue to represent the USA. You can only be stubborn for so long.

I agree. I just thought you were implying in your previous post that he makes excuses for his poor performance at the MC, but I haven't heard him make excuses in the past