Mezz Power BreakII

Runnintable

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I popped the tip off my Mezz power breakII recently.

Any suggestions for a good tip to replace the original with?

This cue is an older Mezz PBII before they went with the newer ferrule and phenolic tip.

I liked the original leather tip, not sure what it was, looked to be a non layered hard tip.

Thank you for any input.

branpureza

Ginacue
Silver Member
I popped the tip off my Mezz power breakII recently.

Any suggestions for a good tip to replace the original with?

This cue is an older Mezz PBII before they went with the newer ferrule and phenolic tip.

I liked the original leather tip, not sure what it was, looked to be a non layered hard tip.

Thank you for any input.

You could just replace it with the Sonic Tip from Mezz.

Aside from that I'd go with a Samsara or Taom.

bigB

Registered
I put a Taom on my Joss Thor Hammer and I love it. Not only does it break well, but as an added bonus I can jump full cue with it. I would definitely recommend.

JohnBoy21

Registered
I used to have a samsara on my pechauer break cue. So when I bought the Mezz powerbreak kai I planned on switching out the tip with the samsara. But I liked the sonic tip that mezz already had on the cue. I've never tried the taom 2.0 might be worth asking people in your area for input and test out some of their cues.

Runnintable

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
replies

Thanks for all the input.

Went to the Mezz accessories on their website and see the Sonic for sale $10.

They also have the Taom for sale at $30 bucks. There was another thread about Taom's exploding which kind of gives me a second thought.

Nuts4Tascarellas

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
tips

I like the Toam, but I had a customer blow a chip out of one with a miscue. It wasn't the 2nd generation though. I have the sonic on my Mezz Kai and like it. One of my favorite break tips to install is the White Diamond. That's because it performs very well, holds chalk well, and is damn near bulletproof.

j_zippel

Big Tuna
Silver Member
Taom 2.0 works great :thumbup:

I'll second that.

I break with my player nowadays but I used icebreaker tips on my break cue for years and they were a great value, Taom and Samsara are IMO the better ones out there

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ak Guy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Choices

I use a Samsara and it lasts forever. But, I doubt I am breaking 20 when I break and I use my playing cue half the time.

I see Shane breaking with his playing cue often. So it makes me wonder about break tips some times.

All that really matters is how fast one wants to move the cue ball and having control when doing it.

Runnintable

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I use a Samsara and it lasts forever. But, I doubt I am breaking 20 when I break and I use my playing cue half the time.

I see Shane breaking with his playing cue often. So it makes me wonder about break tips some times.

All that really matters is how fast one wants to move the cue ball and having control when doing it.

Depends on how I have my playing cue configured, i.e taper, ferrule and tip...shit sometimes joint.

My current playing tip/ferrule really cannot sustain the extra force. I do not always break slow and controlled. I own two break cues a Jericho stinger and this Mezz PBII.

I love the PBII for bar box play. Snap quick and clean with nice spread and control, probably should of stood with what worked (ingot leather) but went with a Samsara... will see

Last edited: