Pool Ball Collecting.

gdc25

I call 'em like I see 'em
Silver Member
I do not... correction... can not concentrate enough at my own residence to play vs. another human in anything other than a very low stakes game. Too many distractions. Therefore it's all honor system. Most of the time, when someone else is at the table, I'm either petting the dogs, talking to another visitor or following other distractions down unforseen rabit holes.

imo.. home is for practicing (when alone) or fellowship. I'm also a 50 something divorceee with no real friends, so I take what I can get. LOL

ChuckJones1987

Registered
Hi everyone. First Post but have been following this thread for quite some time as I've started collecting billiard ball sets a few years ago.

The other day I came across this CaromPool set on Reddit. Never seen it before and couldn't find any more info about it.
e6i6slxwp8841.jpg

(Sorry the picture is so large. I'll try to readjust the size when I'm off work)

Last edited:

K2Kraze

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Anyone know anything about the Albany Billiard Ball "Ambassador" balls? I stumbled upon these.

aUhbVix.jpg

UmjA208.jpg

bWv7Lky.jpg

Hq6hsQp.jpg

11aa1b3.jpg

Hello, Bronx Bull -

Well - I’m about 98.5% sure that the balls pictured in your Hyatt Ambassador box are not the originals, sir. The Hyatt version of those had solid colored stripes through the numbers - not around either side.

For reference, the Hyatt “Ambassador” name was used from about 1966 to 1978 (from the best of my memory) and was an entry-level ball set used in most small-town pool halls.

I believe those balls pictured are from the same era (price and quality as well) and most likely the Brunswick Gold Crowns - similar to the current-day Aramith Crown Standards. A classic design for sure.

I’d have to dig a lot deeper for more exacting details, but think I’m in the 98 1/2% ballpark

Hope that helps, sir.

Thanks for posting and sharing this set with us - and with a little attention and the right techniques, they’ll clean and polish up beautifully!!

~ K.

K2Kraze

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hi everyone. First Post but have been following this thread for quite some time as I've started collecting billiard ball sets a few years ago.

The other day I came across this CaromPool set on Reddit. Never seen it before and couldn't find any more info about it.
e6i6slxwp8841.jpg

(Sorry the picture is so large. I'll try to readjust the size when I'm off work)

Hello, ChuckJones -

Very Interesting.

I’ve heard the name Carompool but it’s a long time - and can’t recall seeing the set. Nice find!

Do you have the original pamphlet and game rules that came with them that you can share?

~ K.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

K2Kraze

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What a great find - and even greater good fortune the fellow sent you the rule pics.

Just a little translation work to do - but I’ve got that covered

Thank you, sir!

Now. I’m on the hunt for a Carompool ball set

~ K.

gdc25

I call 'em like I see 'em
Silver Member
I have been looking for these since K2Kraze posted a photo of his set on 3/25/16. I was lucky enough last week to find a set of New In Box, never been played. Which arrived this weekend.

picture.php

They will be used from time to time... 'Cause thats what they were made for.

I liked them so much that I moved them to my "Rack of Honor". :grin:

picture.php

bfriesth

Bolder
Silver Member
I have been looking for these since K2Kraze posted a photo of his set on 3/25/16. I was lucky enough last week to find a set of New In Box, never been played. Which arrived this weekend.

picture.php

picture.php

GDC25, I also found a new in box set of these a few months ago. Great find. They look great on your wall.

linxhack

Registered
How to Identify

I'm so glad I found this thread today. I was out antiquing with the wife last weekend and found an old, complete set of balls in the bottom of a random case so I picked them up for my pool room for decoration. Is there any way to identify what I found? I figured they were just an old set from a local pool hall, but after going down the rabbit hole of this forum... who knows what they are!

K2Kraze

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks for this great 2020 photo. It is socially acceptable for me to say Happy New Year this late in January? I guess I don't really care. Happy New Year to you and all the contributors to this enjoyable forum.

Thank you, Mr bfriesth! It’s been a great start to the New Year so far as we near the end of January. HNY to you as well. I foresee a grand 11 months ahead here on the PBC thread

~K.

K2Kraze

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

picture.php

picture.php

Great find, gdc25!

Yet another under-appreciated Aramith ball set that will bring many generations of exciting play. They certainly look better on the baize rolling than they do in the box.

Thanks for sharing your prized find, sir!

~ K.

ChuckJones1987

Registered
Thanks to this thread for tipping me off on some interesting ball sets. Here's some I scored this month

CwIuQS.jpg

I played a few test frames of Cuemate against myself. Surprisingly fun and they play great. More Cuemate sets are being sold on eBay as we speak for a fair price. Get 'em while you can!

Last edited: