DCC BigFoot 10 Ball Challenge (Jan 24th-27th, 2020)

gxman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I am a little confused... Why is Corteza playing? I thought Morra would be up against Filler!? Did I read that wrong? Or is that a replay?

Morra is in the bottom bracket.

Morra vs Shaw
Busty vs Corey

AtLarge

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Quite a match, Corteza 11 - Filler 9

It ended with 5 consecutive B&Rs, 7 in the last 9 games, and 9 in total. The most in any prior match was 4.

Rather unfortunate that Corteza moved from 6-7 behind to 8-7 ahead by slopping in the 10-ball twice. Then it was all B&Rs from that point.

gxman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Wow two titans goes down.

TPA scores?

Thanks for the updates. I'm not able to watch today.

mikepage

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

It ended with 5 consecutive B&Rs, 7 in the last 9 games, and 9 in total. The most in any prior match was 4.

Rather unfortunate that Corteza moved from 6-7 behind to 8-7 ahead by slopping in the 10-ball twice. Then it was all B&Rs from that point.

They went Corteza 8 Filler 11 last year

So they're pretty close at 19-20 overall

Corteza is #13 by Fargo Rating (#3 Filipino), and I think he doesn't appear on the 180-player WPA list.

AtLarge

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Wow two titans goes down.

TPA scores?

Thanks for the updates. I'm not able to watch today.

Pagulayan .937 - SVB .910
Corteza .915 - Filler .913

From 2014 through 2019 in the Bigfoot event, only 4 times did the total of the 2 players' TPAs in a match equal or exceed 1.800 -- once in 2018 and thrice in 2019. So far this year we have had another 3 times -- the 2 matches above and the Shaw/Woodward match yesterday.

AtLarge

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Pagulayan .937 - SVB .910
Corteza .915 - Filler .913

From 2014 through 2019 in the Bigfoot event, only 4 times did the total of the 2 players' TPAs in a match equal or exceed 1.800 -- once in 2018 and thrice in 2019. So far this year we have had another 3 times -- the 2 matches above and the Shaw/Woodward match yesterday.

And in only 3 of those 7 matches did both players shoot in the 900s -- Filler d. Orcollo last year and those most recent 2 matches this year.

asbani

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
John Morra is playing beautifully.

John 4 - Shaw 2.

Shaw had two innings, both of them were 1-10 combination and a 2-10 combination.

While John ran every time he tried to run out.

Bob Farr

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
John Morra is playing beautifully.

John 4 - Shaw 2.

Shaw had two innings, both of them were 1-10 combination and a 2-10 combination.

While John ran every time he tried to run out.
Hope John can knock him out. Mika gone, Dennis gone, Filler gone, if Shaw could be gone = Perfect Weekend!!!!:grin-square::grin-square::thumbup::grin-loving:

asbani

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hope John can knock him out. Mika gone, Dennis gone, Filler gone, if Shaw could be gone = Perfect Weekend!!!!:grin-square::grin-square::thumbup::grin-loving:

John still playing good, one mistake on position but still got the game at the end, he was 6 - 2 but then shaw broke and ran out.

Score now is 6 - 3

Attachments

• score.PNG
    score.PNG
    163.6 KB · Views: 478

asbani

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Meanwhile SJM and Belly Incardona are still chatting while the players are playing, John morra playing a very nice 2-10 combination, score is 7-3 to Morra

Attachments

• chatting.PNG
    chatting.PNG
    96.8 KB · Views: 453

SBC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Meanwhile SJM and Belly Incardona are still chatting while the players are playing, John morra playing a very nice 2-10 combination, score is 7-3 to Morra

$haw pulling closer.
7 to 5.
SJM too soft spoken to shark even an APA 4.

asbani

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Shaw is incredible, you can't leave him anything! but he keeps getting combination, one time billiards the 3 to the 10 and makes it, then runs out, then after that he got a 3-10 combination again.

gets 3 games in a row, score now is 7-6 to Morra

Now John breaks and gets a shot on the one ball, lets see if he runs out or not.

asbani

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Morra missed the 4 ball, then Shaw came into the table and lucked the 6 ball after missing it by a diamond, score is 7-7

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
SJM is chattering in the front line and moving a lot while laughing too while Shane is shooting, I bet the players are distracted by this but out of respect to you, they don't say anything.

I think Shane's miss on the 10-9 rack was caused by SJM.

I’m beginning to understand why you think it’s ok to leave your cue in your car....
...in 130 degree heat

one stroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Ya it is but it's a great win for Corteza good for him , Filler will have many more cracks at it ,,
I like seeing him Corey ,Alex and Busty playing so well lately at 40 and above knocking down some young bucks along the way