OB Classic, Tiger X Ultra, 314 2 or Mezz Hybrid Alpha

I tried a predator Z2 awhile back and I was impressed with the hit. Stiff and really feels great but I don’t like to shoot on 11.75 tip. Kinda bit small for me, I am currently using a Mezz cue with WD700 12.5mm. I like it but on close bridge I have little difficulty. I don’t know why Mezz dumped the 12.8 mm WD700 which could have been a perfect shaft for me. I am looking for at least 12.75mm LD shaft.

So if you are to choose among the LD shafts above. Which is likely your choice? By the way I’m looking for a stiff hitting shaft. I am leaning on the OB Classic.

Papa Red

Love it or Leave
Silver Member
I tried a predator Z2 awhile back and I was impressed with the hit. Stiff and really feels great but I don’t like to shoot on 11.75 tip. Kinda bit small for me, I am currently using a Mezz cue with WD700 12.5mm. I like it but on close bridge I have little difficulty. I don’t know why Mezz dumped the 12.8 mm WD700 which could have been a perfect shaft for me. I am looking for at least 12.75mm LD shaft.

So if you are to choose among the LD shafts above. Which is likely your choice? By the way I’m looking for a stiff hitting shaft. I am leaning on the OB Classic.

Quit leaning and make the jump to OB, best LD shaft made. IMO:yes:

Thanks for the reply. Just wanting some opinion before i made up my mind. From your personal experience with OB classic, what makes it better compared to other LD shaft.

Maniac

2manyQ's
Silver Member
Get the OB Classic and order it with a stiffer hitting tip than the Everest they put on it at the factory. If your buying used, just have a new, hard tip installed when you get the shaft and I believe you're gonna like what you have.

Maniac

Donny Wessels

Silver Member
Get the OB Classic and order it with a stiffer hitting tip than the Everest they put on it at the factory. If your buying used, just have a new, hard tip installed when you get the shaft and I believe you're gonna like what you have.

Maniac

I just got a tiger ultra LD a few weeks ago, love it. I've never used the OB classic. but definitely like the tiger over the predator.