Tar and SVB Aiming

ottersbro

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think it would be great to have Tar do a stream with shane on his aiming
method.

Maybe they could charge to stream it and possibly split the money.

I for one would be willing to pay to see this.

How many others would be willing to pay to watch this be streamed?

This might just work also to stream others (buste, efren archer etc.) on thier methods.

This is just an idea so don't flame me to bad!

realkingcobra

Silver Member
I think it would be great to have Tar do a stream with shane on his aiming
method.

Maybe they could charge to stream it and possibly split the money.

I for one would be willing to pay to see this.

How many others would be willing to pay to watch this be streamed?

This might just work also to stream others (buste, efren archer etc.) on thier methods.

This is just an idea so don't flame me to bad!

Shane already demonstrated his aiming method on TAR...and he did it for free;)

West Point 1987

On the Hill, Out of Gas
Silver Member
You know, this is a pretty cool idea, though...get four diverse players together on a table to go over/debate some of their aiming techniques, stroke mechanics and even discuss some common game strategies...you could do it in conjunction with a PPV ring game or some other project, selling a separate PPV on this. I'd buy it.

mosconiac

Job+Wife+Child=No Stroke
Silver Member
SVB may have talked about it before, but I was left wanting more. It was an off-the-cuff discussion so he wasn't prepared to give a concise verbalization/demonstration of his technique. How does the system allow for application of english? How does the system handle thick/medium/thin shots?

I would gladly watch a more formal demonstration, especially if he gets into aspects of his stroking technique which is as fluid & consistent as anyone's.

gmoney1

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

You know, this is a pretty cool idea, though...get four diverse players together on a table to go over/debate some of their aiming techniques, stroke mechanics and even discuss some common game strategies...you could do it in conjunction with a PPV ring game or some other project, selling a separate PPV on this. I'd buy it.

good idea. i would buy too

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
Someone posted a video of a lesson Shane gave where he went more in depth about it.

For what it's worth I would pay $50 for a no-holds barred session with Darren Appleton, Shane Van Boening, Stevie Moore, and Efren and/or Busty about aiming. If the video were say an hour long with each of them talking specifically and ONLY about how they aim and why and what they see coming INTO the shot I would gladly pay up to $50 to see it.

Johnnyt

Burn all jump cues
Silver Member
When Shane was asked what he looked at last before he pulled the trigger he had to think for about 15 seconds (longtime). Most top players like Shane haven't thought about how to aim in so long they don't even remember what steps they take to get there. Pocketing balls is low on their list to playing top gear pool. If more people would get a straight stroke and learn to trust it the balls will magicly go in the pocket. Johnnyt

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
Just curious to know why anyone would spend $50 to know how one particular person aims? I'm all for aiming systems, but, each individual is different. What works for Shane might be the worse system for you.

Plus, as previously mentioned, aiming to a pro is now done in their subconscious, not their conscious mind. Few would have the ability to explain it correctly. Stevie Moore and Darren Appleton can, but they teach their method regularly. Shane, would not. He had to stop and think about it, and then really wasn't sure anymore. His subconscious knows exactly what to do and how to do it, but it's not a conscious thing to him anymore so he has trouble describing it, and if he actually tried to, I'm sure he would miss parts of what he actually does.

If you want to know stick aiming, or ferrule aiming, look up the Mullen method. It is described very well. Stan has the CTE DVD, and Ekke's has the SEE system which is what Darren uses. All the info you could possibly want on aiming is readily available. Much of it is even on this forum.

Because I want it straight from them in a candid way. We debate this all the time and we USE the pros as examples but we never REALLY hear from them in a straightforward no BS way about what they see and why they approach the balls the way they do.

Also whether or not any particular person's "way" of doing it works for me or not it's always good to know how and why they do it their way so that I can try it for myself.

I just think that such a video featuring some of the pros we mention most as "system aimers" might shed some light on how much and how useful their systems are to them. And we could end a lot of the speculation about what they do and why and how much they do it.

I have already invested way more than $50 in time into this subject so I would love to hear it straight from the pros, on record.