Who Is Going To The Derby This Year?

DrCue'sProtege

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I searched and didn't find anything like this except the one thread about whether or not Efren was going. Anyway, I just thought I would ask:

Who from AZB is going to be at the Derby this year?

Will there be an AZB room?

I am actually thinking about driving down for a day, probably around the 29th or 30th.

r/DCP

KMRUNOUT

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I won a qualifier to go. I have no idea about any of the details oddly lol.

Sent from my iPhone using AzBilliards Forums

spktur

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'll be going up on Tuesday and coming home on Thursday. I always like to go to the one pocket hall of fame banquet

calibration

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Many derbys

From gong to many Derbys over the past yesrs i can say Efren is magical.... mostly from his true gentlemanship, he is one of awe on a class act for the sport.

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
Doubtful I'll be there this year. I waited too long to get a room and none are available now. I called a couple of my friends but they have roomies already. I'd love to go since I missed the last two, but I don't want to stay in town and need to rent a car. I prefer staying on site if possible. C'est la vie. :wink:

Cornerman

Cue Author...Sometimes
Gold Member
Silver Member
I won a qualifier to go. I have no idea about any of the details oddly lol.

Sent from my iPhone using AzBilliards Forums

Oddly enough, I’ve never heard of a qualifier to go to the Derby.

Good luck, and we’ll see you there.

Freddie <~~~ isn’t qualified

StraightPoolIU

Brent
Silver Member
I'll be there the first weekend until Tuesday. Probably will come back for a day at the end to watch the 9 ball. If you haven't been you should definitely go. The last 3 or 4 years it has gotten really big again. I think they had 470 (!!!) some in the banks last year. Stuff going on all the time.

DrCue'sProtege

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What about some of the all time greats from a few years ago. Can I expect to run into players like Buddy Hall, Billy Incardona, Mike Sigel and the like?

And what about some of the instructors here on AZB? Will Randy Goettlicher and Scott Lee be there? I believe Bob Jewett will be there.

I am planning on only sticking around for one day so i'd like to get an idea of who all is going to be there and when.

r/DCP

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What about some of the all time greats from a few years ago. Can I expect to run into players like Buddy Hall, Billy Incardona, Mike Sigel and the like?

And what about some of the instructors here on AZB? Will Randy Goettlicher and Scott Lee be there? I believe Bob Jewett will be there.

I am planning on only sticking around for one day so i'd like to get an idea of who all is going to be there and when.

r/DCP
It is 2017, dcp. Those pros you mentioned have little motivation to attend.

StraightPoolIU

Brent
Silver Member

r/DCP
I've never seen Sigel there. Billy usually attends I think. I've seen Buddy there usually hanging out by the vendor booths. If you're looking to see them tear it up in the tournament though you're probably more than a few years too late.

I think in a separate thread Scott Lee said he was attending.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

DrCue'sProtege

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Billy usually attends I think. I've seen Buddy there usually hanging out by the vendor booths. If you're looking to see them tear it up in the tournament though you're probably more than a few years too late.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Not looking to see them play, mostly just to speak with them. Would be awesome to talk with Buddy and Billy about the good old days of the Sands Regency Tournaments in Reno. Those two, along with Grady, should of had their own comedy show!

r/DCP

ShortBusRuss

Short Bus Russ - C Player
Silver Member
Not looking to see them play, mostly just to speak with them. Would be awesome to talk with Buddy and Billy about the good old days of the Sands Regency Tournaments in Reno. Those two, along with Grady, should of had their own comedy show!

r/DCP

Billy is gonna be there for sure, and he is usually pretty accessible. He doesn't commentate as much anymore, so he tends to hang out and watch action matches. If Mary (Guarino) Kenniston is there, she is a hoot to sit and BS with, and will talk to you about the old days as much as you like..