Can anyone here make carbon fiber butts?

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
In another thread light cues came up. My bucket list has a 15oz cue @ 70 inches. I now know it's doable after talking with a few CF fabricators, but $2,000 is the cheapest I can find (although that includes CAD work and I believe a shaft, so it would be cheaper).

GoCustoms won't do it, I already emailed them, but I've think I've seen a few people on here fabricating a few things with CF. I'd try it as the actual materials seem cheap, but it looks really messy and really touchy to get it just right without insanely priced equipment.

LWD

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
BeCue cf cues are carbon fiber in both butt and shaft. You can buy the shaft separately and I think they will sell you a butt by itself too. (They make their butts and shafts in variable lengths. You would have to inquire if they can do a 35” butt.)

Cardigan Kid

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
In another thread light cues came up. My bucket list has a 15oz cue @ 70 inches. I now know it's doable after talking with a few CF fabricators, but $2,000 is the cheapest I can find (although that includes CAD work and I believe a shaft, so it would be cheaper).

GoCustoms won't do it, I already emailed them, but I've think I've seen a few people on here fabricating a few things with CF. I'd try it as the actual materials seem cheap, but it looks really messy and really touchy to get it just right without insanely priced equipment.

Becue butt is what you are looking for...
Contact wrickyb here....he is the North American rep....
https://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=498194

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
He emailed back and stated that the butt is generally 15oz. and he in particular has never sold just a butt. So, it appears BeCue's carbon fiber butt is more of a trendy gimmick than functional engineering, might as well buy anything else.

If anyone knows anyone interested in sub 10oz. butts, let me know.

briankenobi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The only thing I can think of is the H-series cues by McDermott. They are hollowed out with a carbon fiber core in the butt where you can change the weight location. I have a prototype of this without the weights and I think mine is around 16oz total weight for the cue. I don't know if they could go any lighter than that but again, that is the only thing I can think of.

jeremy8000

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
He emailed back and stated that the butt is generally 15oz. and he in particular has never sold just a butt. So, it appears BeCue's carbon fiber butt is more of a trendy gimmick than functional engineering, might as well buy anything else.

If anyone knows anyone interested in sub 10oz. butts, let me know.

They can make the butt to different lengths (I know for sure 29, 30, 31", but could presumably do longer). As to the weight, you could probably remove the weighted plug but not so sure the balance would feel right.

I had my first opportunity with Becue this past week in Vegas, and sampled their as well as other CF shafts, both with the 'matched' butt and using the shaft matched to my regular cue, 3/8x10. None of the shafts really thrilled me with my butt; the standouts with a matched OEM set were the Cuetec and the Becue. Of those, the Becue, while considerably more expensive, had the most natural (to me) hit of any cue I've ever used, so much so that I took one home. The CF butt is definitely NOT a gimmick (the reason they rarely sell a butt alone is that they build them with a proprietary pin).

wrickyb

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
They can make the butt to different lengths (I know for sure 29, 30, 31", but could presumably do longer). As to the weight, you could probably remove the weighted plug but not so sure the balance would feel right.

I had my first opportunity with Becue this past week in Vegas, and sampled their as well as other CF shafts, both with the 'matched' butt and using the shaft matched to my regular cue, 3/8x10. None of the shafts really thrilled me with my butt; the standouts with a matched OEM set were the Cuetec and the Becue. Of those, the Becue, while considerably more expensive, had the most natural (to me) hit of any cue I've ever used, so much so that I took one home. The CF butt is definitely NOT a gimmick (the reason they rarely sell a butt alone is that they build them with a proprietary pin).
Thanks for the kind words. I have had one cue made where we modified the weight chamber so it was set and could not be changed. The total cue was 17 oz and the owner took the butt cap and machined it down to remove another ounce. I can submit the request to the plant but it is a one of a kind custom and I'm not sure they will do it and if they do it will not be cheap. And I was told in the past the 31 inch butt was the longest we would do. We do offer a screw in extension but again that adds some weight. Too long and too light and you are asking for stability problems. Ricky Bryant USABecueOfficial@gmail.com

HawaiianEye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
..............the Becue, while considerably more expensive, had the most natural (to me) hit of any cue I've ever used, so much so that I took one home. The CF butt is definitely NOT a gimmick.....

I've said the same thing on here for months.

The Becue hit's "pure" when the butt and shaft are both carbon fiber.

You have to hit with one to "feel it" instead of trying to figure out how it hits by reading a forum.