Rest in Peace, Rude Dog

girlwon1

Silver Member
On May 12th of an apparant heart attack Johnny Morton AKA Rude Dog passed away. He was 40 years old. For those of you who have been around Hardtimes for awhile, or here at AZ, he was a staple back in the day. If you are interested in further info about memorial service etc. contact his sister Charlotte at charvock@sbcglobal.net .

My condolences go out to his family and friends.

Tina Pawloski

Thank you , Brook, for this information.

Attachments

• s_Tournament_2.sized.jpg
    s_Tournament_2.sized.jpg
    20.5 KB · Views: 664
  • s_Tournament.sized.jpg
    s_Tournament.sized.jpg
    15.6 KB · Views: 598
Last edited:
Reactions: JAM

Louis Ulrich

I am lost for words and can't believe this. I haven't seen John in years but would get a kick out of his posts when he was a regular on the forum. John will be missed.

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I am saddened to read this horrible news. My condolences go out to his family and friends.

Here is a picture I took of John (left) when we all here at AzBilliards Discussion Forum sent him to the U.S. Open in 2004, standing with Don Purdman (right). John really did have a wonderful time at the U.S. Open that year, hanging out with all his pool buddies and forum friends.

May you rest in peace, John!

JAM

Attachments

• John and Don 2004 US Open.JPG
    John and Don 2004 US Open.JPG
    40.7 KB · Views: 1,318

parvus1202

Suspected hacked account
Silver Member
I don't know him but used to read his posts. Heart attack at 40? I don't know what to say, too young. And his picture, looks like a very healthy man.
Condolences to his love ones.

rackem

SUPPORT CLUB MEMBERSHIP
Silver Member
One more lesson we are here for a good time not a long time! RIP Rude Dog.

Fatboy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I knew him well we ran around Vegas every night when I first moved there for 2-3 months, he was winning alot of bar tournments-I didnt win any , he was a great bowler too, he had the highest average of anyone at the Gold Coast-we walked in there one night and people were all over him like Efren, I coulndt figure out why, so I asked some guy and he showed me the sheet and he was the top bowler in the bowling alley, I thought he was just a pool player. He said he only bowled once a week because everyone would buy him beers-they bought me all the beer I wanted too, he bowled something like a 650 series that night. He was the bowlers hero. Everything he did he did well. I havent spoke to him in years, I was hopeing to meet up with him we had- alot of good times, RIP Rude Dog.

he showed me around Vegas when I first got to town, we hung out 6 nights a week, man this hurts, i'm 40 also, we got along so good, i remember the first time I saw him play in Hardtimes with a Rude Dog tee shirt on, I went up to Sacramento and and kept refering to this guy with a Rude Dog shirt on for about a year, until I heard the name caught on-I didnt start the name I just thought it was a funny coincidence-when the name fits, but he was nothing but nice to me, from the first time we met.

Fatboy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If anyone has more pics that would be great, I was in Hardtimes about 6-7 weeks ago and asked around about him, someone told me he was having a problem with his leg-something about diabetes, I dont know the name of the man I was talking too, we recognised each other fro way back and were talking for along time.

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
TheOne said:
I heard this at the BCA, terrible news, so young! :(

Same here, as Jimmy M told the two of us about this at the same time on Thursday. Very saddened by this.

Blackjack

Illuminati Blacksmack
Silver Member
I am at a loss for words.

40 is supposed to be the hairpin turn, not the end of the race.

RIP, RD. You will be missed. Say hello to OHB for us.

Fatboy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Happier times this is the J. Morton I loved:

http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=35246

man this is the 3rd friend i've lost in the past 2 months. We had so much fun, I awalys remember him saying when he was behind in a match"I just have to find a way to win", and he usuially did. He was a great come back from behind player than a front runner,

Koop

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
God bless brother.
I will miss our phone calls and I am sad to know that I will never be able to follow through on my promise to bring him to his first Red Sox game at Fenway Park.

Koop - will miss John "Rude Dog" Morton. A lot.